Celebrity Web site not allowing me to search for 75% off 2nd passenger.

upwarduk

13 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

Yes I’ve been having the same problem all day. I can only get as far as choosing a cruise but can’t get to the prices. 

Just managed to access it. The cost of our 2024 Australia and New Zealand cruise has dropped by about £600. I don’t suppose they’ll reprice it but will be worth cancelling and rebooking as our deposit was £300. Will try to get through on the phone tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, barneyboy said:

The cost of our 2024 Australia and New Zealand cruise has dropped by about £600.

On a Social media site someone was reporting that their cruise which they had booked 2 weeks ago during the 60% off for 2 nd passenger offer had now gone up $250 with the 75% off offer.😱

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

On a Social media site someone was reporting that their cruise which they had booked 2 weeks ago during the 60% off for 2 nd passenger offer had now gone up $250 with the 75% off offer.😱

Cruise pricing is smoke and mirrors. That includes “special “ offers that may not be specials. You should book a cruise when you believe it to be a good value for you and not be concerned with “sales” or “specials”. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Not unusual at all and in fact very common in many businesses.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Having finally been able to review the prices they are more expensive for the Feb 24 cruises we booked earlier this year. Not a genuine sale or offer from what I can see.

As with all offers it depends on what you paid there will probably be a few for whom the new prices are indeed a reduction but probably not many. X never claims its latest offers are the cheapest ever.

18 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Just managed to access it. The cost of our 2024 Australia and New Zealand cruise has dropped by about £600. I don’t suppose they’ll reprice it but will be worth cancelling and rebooking as our deposit was £300. Will try to get through on the phone tomorrow. 

I don't have the link with me but when my cruise went down I filled in a form sent it in they said yes it was now cheaper and they knocked $700 off my bill 

6 hours ago, the penguins said:

And typical with Celebrity. Mainly the offers seem to move the money around with very little change to the overall cost.

your right I done some price tracking they say a one day a cruise is 5k then a wonderful sale 75 percent off but the cruise is now 6,600k .. they change there pricing like the price of oil 

I can actually access the site via the link advertising the 75%off.

I choose a 2A cabin ( now Premium Verandah) and was given pricing of £1944 for cruise only or £2330 p.p for All Included. I choose all included.

The next page showed me pricing of £3659 p.p.

Where did the addition of £1329p.p come from.

It was not taxes and fees that is added later.

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

As with all offers it depends on what you paid there will probably be a few for whom the new prices are indeed a reduction but probably not many. X never claims its latest offers are the cheapest ever.

We have usually been able to get real reductions with this sort of deal. We managed to switch from a CS to a R/S for Feb next year with no extra cost but the current offer doesn’t make sense to us.

64A7D91E-E3E5-4792-AF96-145059DADD4B.thumb.jpeg.98b61af07ae6dea173a11ff3e6153d83.jpeg

Initially, the Deluxe verandah cabin was advertised at slightly more than £2,000, until I went on to the next page, where the price was inflated and shown as £3245 p.p.

However, when the final total is shown, which includes the 75% reduction and addition of  Taxes and fees, it is £4154, which works out as £2077 p.p.

I suggest they have inflated the price so they can then advertise the 75% off 2nd passenger, to attract people, but there is actually finally no difference in the pricing whatsoever.

Edited by upwarduk

28 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

64A7D91E-E3E5-4792-AF96-145059DADD4B.thumb.jpeg.98b61af07ae6dea173a11ff3e6153d83.jpeg

Initially, the Deluxe verandah cabin was advertised at slightly more than £2,000, until I went on to the next page, where the price was inflated and shown as £3245 p.p.

However, when the final total is shown, which includes the 75% reduction and addition of  Taxes and fees, it is £4154, which works out as £2077 p.p.

I suggest they have inflated the price so they can then advertise the 75% off 2nd passenger, to attract people, but there is actually finally no difference in the pricing whatsoever.

Yes just call it marketing. The price you first see is usually close to the final price..so I have discovered.  My next cruise cost more at 75%off than at 60 due to a higher base rate

38 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Pretty much what happens on almost every occasion. For sailings from the UK, X went though a phase of extra OBC one week, then no OBC but free parking at the port the next week, then back to free OBC and paid parking. The total rarely changed.

• Like 1