Removing Cookies fixed my Celebrity Log in Issue

itzfitz

I have a MacBook and read how to fix a cookie issue.  Quickly here's how:

Click Safari in upper left corner

Select Preferences

Select Privacy

Select Manage Data

Click on Celebrity (I just typed Celebrity into the search function)

Select Remove (not remove all)

Hope it helps solve some of your issues.

Patty

8 minutes ago, dritan said:

Yes this does work.  Unfortunately I have to do it each time I want to log in which I've never had to do on any other website.  

I just tested the site...it let me right back in.  I indicated on the first sign-in...."remember me".  The cookie was reset...just checked that also.  Hope this helps (and works for you...🙂)

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just tested the site...it let me right back in.  I indicated on the first sign-in...."remember me".  The cookie was reset...just checked that also.  Hope this helps (and works for you...🙂)

It was not an issue on our ends with any of our devices.  Celebrity was doing some maintenance across the board, and of course it blew CC'ers out of the water and seems every single person that could not log in came here to report it, LOL.  I will say, would have been nice had Celebrity included a push back notice indicating they were doing system work.  Alas though, the world kept on turning.

22 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It was not an issue on our ends with any of our devices.  Celebrity was doing some maintenance across the board, and of course it blew CC'ers out of the water and seems every single person that could not log in came here to report it, LOL.  I will say, would have been nice had Celebrity included a push back notice indicating they were doing system work.  Alas though, the world kept on turning.

Still....I/we were knocked off the log in system and the 'old' cookie didn't work to let us back in.  The OP was helpful in that they gave the hint to remove the old in order to input the new.  And...I highly doubt 'every single CC'r reported'....would have caused another log in problem for CC this time and maybe a crash....😅...LOL.  BTW...it wasn't only those on this message board who couldn't access, anyone looking for info or booking a cruise was OFL (nicer way of saying S*L).

35 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

This. It wasn't exactly "maintenance" (insinuating a planned event), it broke. Starting early yesterday I couldn't get logged in on either X or RCI (they share IT resources). According to one commenter who called, Royal tried to pretend it was an "upgrade" . . . LOL . . . nobody in a 24/7 for-profit business would normally risk doing an IT upgrade on a Friday.

Celebrity is reportedly working fine now, via web browser and the app, and I never had to clear any cookies.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonarino said:

This. It wasn't exactly "maintenance" (insinuating a planned event), it broke. Starting early yesterday I couldn't get logged in on either X or RCI (they share IT resources). According to one commenter who called, Royal tried to pretend it was an "upgrade" . . . LOL . . . nobody in a for-profit business would normally risk doing an IT upgrade on a Friday.

Celebrity is reportedly working fine now, via web browser and the app, and I never had to clear any cookies.

I couldn't get in until clearing the particular 'X' cookie so either my browser or security was blocking. Yes, we knew there was a break in their system, not an upgrade...LOL.  Whatever the reason, this is how technology flows and these instances are to be expected. It's nice the OP thought enough to try to help those who had concerns.

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

It's nice the OP thought enough to try to help those who had concerns.

Certainly. As a former IT Pro I'm just of the mind that there were residual issues after the site(s) came back up. And an email address change that I had done  on X two days ago had never actually taken. My old email still worked.

IT gets more and more intricate and (overly) complex as we move on. To me it's utterly scary.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It was reported that Azamara were also having problems.

I wonder if they were separating from RCG?

Another scary thing is stuff like Amazon Web Services (there are many others like it), huge Internet services shared by lots of websites around the world. It's entirely possible for one corporate problem to get pushed to places outside that company. I'm guessing that didn't happen in this case, but who knows for sure because that kind of thing almost never gets publicized. "IoT", the Internet of Things, get more mysterious every day.

Edit to add, sorry for the buzzkill lol . . . . .

Edited by Moonarino

I was able to get back in yesterday without clearing cookies by logging out and the logging back in.   Iain initially was able to log in without clearing cookies but all his cruises were missing.   I had him log out and log back in and everything is fine again. 

At least for me I used this process for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I got in today as well and I booked another tour. 

They system is still flaky ---   I tried to do a mock booking and every classification on the ship shows unavailable but when I just checked on another site the ship is on 2/3 booked and all classifications are available.     I also tried a mock booking on a cruise 2 years out and got the same results.

So much for their Big Sale if no one can book it on their site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was able to get back in yesterday without clearing cookies by logging out and the logging back in.   Iain initially was able to log in without clearing cookies but all his cruises were missing.   I had him log out and log back in and everything is fine again. 

At least for me I used this process for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge.

Not for me.  Logged in and out several times, rebooted, etc.  Had to clear the cookie which had too many bytes taken out of it...🙂