Flowers!

Deeliteful

I always take a bouquet of flowers on a cruise of more than 7 days to brighten up my room.

Is this still ok? I have see. A couple of posts saying no flowers on board these days so just wondering!

Don't want to buy some beautiful flowers and then find I can’t take them on board!

3 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

I always take a bouquet of flowers on a cruise of more than 7 days to brighten up my room.

Is this still ok? I have see. A couple of posts saying no flowers on board these days so just wondering!

Don't want to buy some beautiful flowers and then find I can’t take them on board!

That would be a lovely idea; I always have fresh flowers on my kitchen island ~ just a little personal treat.  Your best bet would be to contact the cruise line directly and ask.  If you do, and get a response, please post the outcome.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

We bring fresh flowers on every cruise, and have been doing so ever since they got rid of the flower carts dozens of years ago.   We loved the flower cart and my husband bought a bud vase every cruise. When they discontinued the flower cart, we bought flowers from the cruise line a couple of times then decided just to bring them on. 

I have some collapsible plastic vases that take up the same amount of space is a piece of paper in my luggage 

3EC50A1B-D296-4E33-8B46-4CE944384DA7.jpeg

398F621A-9A0D-40E9-BCFC-4227D0653F42.jpeg

• Like 5

my gf tried to take her balcony dinner flowers off. the guy at the ship exit took them from her. said customs would anyway. when i got home i read the official word and it's that they reserve the right to inspect things at customs. not that they arent allowed. should have tried to smoosh them in luggage. i mean princess got the flowers from where we embarked obviously. why cant they get back off?

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

my gf tried to take her balcony dinner flowers off. the guy at the ship exit took them from her. said customs would anyway. when i got home i read the official word and it's that they reserve the right to inspect things at customs. not that they arent allowed. should have tried to smoosh them in luggage. i mean princess got the flowers from where we embarked obviously. why cant they get back off?

You can bring flowers on the ship but you can't take them off.  It is the same as not taking fruit off the ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hancock said:

You can bring flowers on the ship but you can't take them off.  It is the same as not taking fruit off the ship.

Exactly.  

What if the flowers picked up an insect or disease along the way, and then that bug could tag along with you as you travel home. 

Google "invasive species" if you don't understand the concept. 

Edited by brillohead

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Something tells me they look bigger than what they are. 

The Anthurium leaves are about 4-5 inches long.  Plant is about 18-24 inches tall including the pot.  Particularly like it because bromeliads and anthurium last for and entire 10 day cruise.  The ginger gets a bit tired after a week, but the rest livens the place up.