Covid refund?

zitsky

32 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Here is a current thread regarding refunds for Covid some seem to get refund quickly others taking longer.  Did you have to cancel due to testing positive?

Yea we canceled because one of us tested positive.  But we never got to the ship.  Had a very clear and distinct conversation with customer service that we might still qualify for refund.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yea we canceled because one of us tested positive.  But we never got to the ship.  Had a very clear and distinct conversation with customer service that we might still qualify for refund.

Covid-19 Assistance

Book any Celebrity Cruise that’s sailing between now and April 30, 2023, and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**

**To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity.

6 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Details please…

when should the cruise have begun?

when did you book it?

when did you test positive?

what kind of test?

when did you call Celebrity to cancel?

It's all delineated on multiple threads---along with The Luggage Tag Saga.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Did you check the policy for Covid Cancellation at the time of your booking?

Peoples answers will depend on the policy in effect at the time they booked.

17 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I take it this just happened.  You need to give them some time to file all the paperwork

The point of my question was to ask the average amount of time a refund takes.  Yes this is current.  That’s all I’ll say as apparently others have already found the relevant information.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

How long ago did you submit the test results and any other documentation Celebrity requested?

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

How long ago did you submit the test results and any other documentation Celebrity requested?

My partner tested positive on the 21st.  Exposure we think was 15th.  I tested negative.  We were supposed to travel with friends who also tested negative.  I chose not to leave my partner at home alone.  Even though he encouraged me to. Not good for marital harmony.  We never left home.

We only contacted Celebrity today the 25th.  We are not expecting same day turn around.  I’m asking what is typical.

There is no way you’re going to do a cruise on the 26th if you test positive on the 21st with exposure on the 15th.  Both of us agreed even if we could, we wouldn’t go that soon.  Was I hoping he would be ok?  Absolutely!

We are looking to maybe do the Beyond next June on a similar itinerary.

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My partner tested positive on the 21st.  Exposure we think was 15th.  I tested negative.  We were supposed to travel with friends who also tested negative.  I chose not to leave my partner at home alone.  Even though he encouraged me to. Not good for marital harmony.  We never left home.

We only contacted Celebrity today the 25th.  We are not expecting same day turn around.  I’m asking what is typical.

There is no way you’re going to do a cruise on the 26th if you test positive on the 21st with exposure on the 15th.  Both of us agreed even if we could, we wouldn’t go that soon.  Was I hoping he would be ok?  Absolutely!

We are looking to maybe do the Beyond next June on a similar itinerary.

So I guess you haven’t had time to submit test results yet.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are you familiar with the phrase, “kicking someone when they’re down”?  Please don’t ever work in customer service.

My hubby is just recovered(ing) from COVID himself, trust me I know the feeling. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So I guess you haven’t had time to submit test results yet.

The first test was on the 21st.

We contacted Celebrity on the 25th.

The cruise is on the 26th.

Doesn’t that give us time to submit test results?

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

My hubby is just recovered(ing) from COVID himself, trust me I know the feeling. 

Which is why I’m completely confused by your really insensitive remark.

”I could see this coming”???  🙂

Is there anything humorous about someone getting Covid?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Trying to get a refund for cruise due to X Covid policy.  Would like to hear from anyone who tried this?  How long did it take?

We tested positive the Thursday before the cruise which was Aug 11th. My excellent TA called that day full refund on Amex Aug 23 which was 3 days after our cancelled cruise ended.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The first test was on the 21st.

We contacted Celebrity on the 25th.

The cruise is on the 26th.

Doesn’t that give us time to submit test results?

Apparently it did.  Since you contacted X today I assumed you did not have time yet to get paperwork in the mail to X.  

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Apparently it did.  Since you contacted X today I assumed you did not have time yet to get paperwork in the mail to X.  

Thank you but you’re making an assumption.  There was nothing said about the USPS.  This was all electronic.  Maybe they will come back and ask but there has been no such request so far.