Question re boarding in Sydney on Princess cruises

Uh oh. There is only the one.

And, as my app was not updating to the new version, I decided to uninstall and reinstall and new version loaded. Last night, both myself and my mother were shown in the app as always. This morning , it's just me - she has completely disappeared. I don't know what to do now as she does not have a mobile phone.

Edited by timtam2

2 hours ago, timtam2 said:

I'm embarking Coral on Saturday- my first Princess cruise since the Medallion was introduced. I have done all the necessary check-list items (except health status - too soon) for myself and my travel companion on my phone. We are Green Lane - does the QR code cover both of us? 

I can only tell you how it was when we boarded the Coral at the end of June. I showed the person outside the terminal building the QR code on our phone (we share a mobile) and we were able to enter. She didn't ask to see the QR code for each of us.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, timtam2 said:

I'm embarking Coral on Saturday- my first Princess cruise since the Medallion was introduced. I have done all the necessary check-list items (except health status - too soon) for myself and my travel companion on my phone. We are Green Lane - does the QR code cover both of us? 

Yes.

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 4:44 PM, MMDown Under said:

I've never understood why passengers want to be on board ASAP.  Whilst I like to have the ship in my sights, I'm usually one of the last to board before boarding deadline.  Then there are no queues, you just walk on as staff are just happy to tick you off their list.

May I know how late you can normally board, e.g. for a cruise departing 4 pm? Is it 3 pm and are they normally super strict?

1 minute ago, perthcruise said:

May I know how late you can normally board, e.g. for a cruise departing 4 pm? Is it 3 pm and are they normally super strict?

Put it this way - Sydney departures are timed around peak hour ferries so they have to depart on time. 3pm would probably be the latest time you could embark and I certainly wouldn't risk being later. They won't wait for you if you miss check-in. 

• Like 1

Latest boarding is probably an hour before departure, but I wouldn't risk planning 3pm boarding for a 4pm departure. I suggest that 2.30 would be the latest that you should plan for. You wouldn't want to miss the ship by being five minutes late and they can't wait. The ships have a curfew. If they aren't ready to go by that time, they have to wait two or three hours until after peak hour and they are not going to do that just to wait for a couple of passengers.