Question re boarding in Sydney on Princess cruises

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sydney rain can be weird. We're on the Lower North Shore and quite often have rain storms pass to the south of us, north of us, and sometimes both at once, while we stay dry. 

I thought we melbournians had the most rain 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

A bit like Melbourne in Newcastle today, mostly in the sense it couldn't make up its mind. Cold, wind, rain, and sunshine - all in a couple of hours.

We invented the term “climate change” !!! It’s also be known to add a flurry of snow into the cold wind rain and sun 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We invented the term “climate change” !!! It’s also be known to add a flurry of snow into the cold wind rain and sun 😂😂😂

Waiting for the tram home from the tennis, I commented "We've had every weather today, except hail!"  Yes, you've guessed it - It started to hail.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We’re just so predictable 😂😂😂

Not so predictable for visitors from interstate  I learnt to take everything for a day of tennis, including a towel to wipe the seat when the ran stopped and tennis started again.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Medallion boarding beats the heck out of whatever Carnival has been doing today - 2hr long queue snaking back to the railway station.

Probably 2500 all arrived at 11am. Same check in staff, all Carnivores,

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Probably 2500 all arrived at 11am. Same check in staff, all Carnivores,

No, nothing like that.

Yes, same staff, but different systems. It was due to a system problem, and potentially quite a funny one too. 

• Like 2

Saw photos of the Carnival boarding queue.  Stretched all the way back to the train station.  

Hubby has just scored free tickets to today’s Rugby League Grand Final.  So he’s happy.  Could be a wet game for those in the open stands or they could get sunburn.  Weather changes by the hour in Sydney atm.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, Cbtours said:

I thought we melbournians had the most rain

Melbourne weather gets a bad rap. I like that it is unpredictable.  But Sydney has TWICE as much annual rainfall as Melbourne:  Melbourne 518mm  Sydney 1042mm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have a question for people who have boarded a Princess ship in Sydney. Do they charge corkage on excess wine bottles (beyond the one per person) immediately before passengers get on the ship or is it charged when you take a bottle to the dining room?

Charged after security but before boarding.

• Thanks 1

I'm embarking Coral on Saturday- my first Princess cruise since the Medallion was introduced. I have done all the necessary check-list items (except health status - too soon) for myself and my travel companion on my phone. We are Green Lane - does the QR code cover both of us?