Retreat guests dining in Blu

mfs2k

I watched a YouTube video today of a Beyond review.

The Retreat guest (video reviewer) said he ate his breakfasts and dinners in Luminae and Blu. (He preferred the Blu breakfast menu)

My previous understanding was Blu was reserved for Aqua guests and Blu was only available as a special request for suite passengers.

So, if the Youtube guy was right, as a Retreat (skysuite) guest on Beyond, do we need to request special permission in advance from the Luminae or Blu Maitre D' to dine in Blu for breakfast or dinner?

Or do we show up at Blu and ask the Blu Maitre D' for a table when we want to eat which is what Aqua guests do? (I realize we may have to wait for table availaility).

Thanks for the info.

Edited by mfs2k

9 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I watched a YouTube video today of a Beyond review.

The Retreat guest (video reviewer) said he ate his breakfasts and dinners in Luminae and Blu. (He preferred the Blu breakfast menu)

My previous understanding was Blu was reserved for Aqua guests and Blu was only available as a special request for suite passengers.

So, if the Youtube guy was right, as a Retreat (skysuite) guest on Beyond, do we need to request special permission in advance from the Luminae or Blu Maitre D' to dine in Blu for breakfast or dinner?

Or do we show up at Blu and ask the Blu Maitre D' for a table when we want to eat which is what Aqua guests do? (I realize we may have to wait for table availaility).

Thanks for the info.

He/she may have been in aqua sky suite. I think they can eat in Blu and Luminae?

blu is available to retreat guests on a space-available basis

If the person who made the video cruised when the ships were not at full capacity it would’ve been easier to just walk into Blu and be seated.  As the  number of passengers increases it might be more of a problem. 

so it will be a good idea to coordinate your requests with the Luminae staff if as a retreat guest you want to eat in Blu

• Like 1

Suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available basis.   I've done it many times.   As a courtesy I check with the Maitre 'd in advance and what time might work best.    I've always been been welcomed.    

We sometimes also travel with friends in Blu.   We often invite them to Blu and pay the cost but when we join them in Blu we are welcomed at no additional cost.

• Like 1

We have both been turned down to dine in Blu and also been able to dine in Blu.

we have also been  sailing in AQ and see the MaitreD tell suite passengers that he could accommodate them around 9, it was 8 and we are waiting to be seated.

So it can vary day to day. 
I think with the AQ  Sky suites those will (or should) be give some priority over non AQ suutes since is part of the premium price they charge for those suites.

1)  Blu Breakfast, despite Blu only being open for 90mins for breakfast, I've never seen it full (Equinox and Infinity) so I can't imagine breakfast being an issue.

2)  Ship class determines the size of Blu, M-Class has the smallest Blu so that may make a difference to whether you can walk in unannounced or are required to talk to a M'D.

Breakfast in Blu is rarely fully crowded.  As to dinner. I have been on ships in Blu when the maitre d' would seat suites guests even when Blu was jammed and there were literally a dozen people in line. It is supposed to be subject to availability only and glad to hear that is often endorsed. It's only fair as Blu guests have just one assigned restaurant.  On many ships in Luminae you can ask for dishes from other restaurants as well.