Share price

Bin man

The cruise operator's revenue in the third quarter ended Aug. 31 rose to $4.31 billion from $546 million a year earlier, but missed analysts' average estimate of $4.90 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.

Net loss, however, narrowed to $770 million, or 65 cents per share, from $2.84 billion, or $2.50 per share, a year earlier.

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

This is the US dollar price. The London closing price was £5.818.

A fall of 21.25% on the day.

Brian

That is unsustainable in the long run. 

If you buy 100 shares at that price,  two 14 day cruises on Princess will generate $500 obc, so the shares are virtually yours for free.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

That is unsustainable in the long run. 

If you buy 100 shares at that price,  two 14 day cruises on Princess will generate $500 obc, so the shares are virtually yours for free.

But only £300 if you cruise with P&O, it is time they levelled up again.

• Like 1

For the quarter 92% of the fleet was in use with a sold occupancy rate of 85%, this resulted in a loss of $770M.  In very basic terms, to break even required an achievement of approx 20% more revenue than was actually achieved.   

I think this might be a factor in the drop (other significant factors are also available)

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

Especially if you are on Cunard, Princess or any other line that uses US dollars. 

We’ve just done 2 Princess cruises so we did get the dollar rate, unfortunately as each cruise was only 12 days you don’t get as much.

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

If I buy shares next week, when can I get the OBC ? I have two 14 day cruises for Jan next and Sep next year.

As long as you claim 14 days (iirc) prior to your cruise, you will be fine. So no problem in your situation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crompton21 said:

For the quarter 92% of the fleet was in use with a sold occupancy rate of 85%, this resulted in a loss of $770M.  In very basic terms, to break even required an achievement of approx 20% more revenue than was actually achieved.   

I think this might be a factor in the drop (other significant factors are also available)

Not an expert, but my guess is that the occupancy rates are at least partially fuelled by future cruise credit bookings which may have been in the accounts when the original cancelled cruise was booked. We don’t know how much of that money was spent to keep Carnival going when cruises were not happening. It can only be spent once.

6 hours ago, crompton21 said:

And for Q3 you normally expect circa 107% capacity across 100% of the fleet. 85% of 92% is 78%. So still 30% down on max capacity.

10 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Is the OBC for share holders for all bookings, not just Select  fares ?

Yes, available for all bookings. The amount varies according to the length of the cruise.

Brian

• Thanks 1