The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 1st, 2022

richwmn

In Le Castellat we would be dropped off at the entrance and do a lot of walking.  This place was definitely worth it though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDkCAlVvGMSIqfB_IimrPg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940021

The view from that spot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPD9MUI0_KAedWFrghJ2Sg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940051

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIik9GiGC14w8TshP9Lwmtm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940027

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl1sNSFbkjlW9DnTWEZQF4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940049

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJAqHe66y_05MreOGhk8rL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940067

Here is the Town Hall, formerly a 15th century chateau.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7lhollPa5zlLcJ-PhFP1e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940094

To the left of the Town Hall is this opening in the wall with a magnificent view.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQRUbc4u40fYKv6MfiR5zY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940135

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVITI_HhF0n4Zl47wHO2BWQR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940118

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxCJWqq2FwpFMeSlnahthd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940134

Here is a church right next to the Town Hall.   It's called the Church of St. Savior Transfiguration built in 1030.  Yes, I said 1030!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS97VWcijmCK0gSscWQGsn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940141

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXPstOWKY256g2jYDGF0L3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940151

I liked the fact that we were on our own once we reached a place, to do whatever we wanted within a certain time period.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6DByDqnUi46rYhx2Ll4f2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940211

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtzaM0euVLmQOsBS8IN423?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940227

heading back to the bus00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIneCoQR32gr9oo8l_hByi0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940243

A photo of Le Castellet after we left the area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLupOrK24cAky65-2TXI_ll?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940255

At about that time we came up to a roundabout and our bus's brakes locked up suddenly!  We were rescued by another bus so here is the photo of our broken down bus as I boarded the second one.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8tosHuVlpIcD-A7wxfzlf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940263

Once back in Toulon I had lunch back on the ship, then DH and I walked around the vicinity of the dock.  Here is the Toulon rugby stadium.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZy5WZGszYykqVr32Yv_SO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940272

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIo46bzWGU_v47tpyxtCiif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940280

A boat with the name of my birthplace.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9iuv_qW_7GS57bmJAB3gO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940290

A photo of DH in Toulon, the day before his birthday.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-vLzPokjUyAuy8aFoT4eD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503940309

It was a very enjoyable stop on our Med cruise.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

A good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I like the days.  Don’t know what I would do without coffee in the morning, I salute the elderly, since I fall in that category and I am all for frugal fun.

The wine and meal sound good as does the drink.

We have been to the port and went to Aix-en-Provence from there.

The quote is interesting.

Thank you to Roy for the Cares and Celebration List.

Prayers to all who need them, especially all those who were ravaged by the storm.

Thank you to Graham @grapau27 for the explanation of the days. And to @dfishfor the recipes. Hope you make a dent with the packing.

We are feeling especially blessed that Ian spared us.  We have enough to deal with right now.

We are excited that we will be able to go on our trip.

Wrapping up the last few things we have to do today and will leave for Jacksonville tomorrow

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Debbie for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here! Hoping everyone is having a safe weekend!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 24

Good morning!  I am enjoying my coffee and giving thanks my elderly friend, Frank at age 97, is still progressing.    Today is also home made cookies day which would go wonderful with a cup of coffee.   I am so glad I found a decaf that tastes just like regular.   An interesting quote, so few people read in order to live.   So little attention is paid to history and science these IMO too much popular culture etc.  Thank you for the Daily Reports and the celebrations.  So happy to see many getting ready to step  aboard a ship.   The steak looks tasty, the rum cocktail looks like a good happy hour drink on a BHB and the wine looks tasty too.  Thanks for all the time to pull these together each day.  @kazuthank you for the tip on foliage needing to go into the bags for pick up.   Dry is always easier to deal unless it is windy.   I have cut back the lush foliage on my Canna lilies but we need more cold weather for me to be able to dig them.   I have so many that I am going to give some to a gardening friend.  She grows Dahlias so she knows the drill for winter storage.   

Today is polishing furniture, dusting and vacuuming and cleaning 2 bathrooms.   A good project while I wait for it to warm up a bit outside.     Prayers for all that have suffered the wrath of Ian and Fiona and for the people of Ukraine.   🙏

Have a wonderful Saturday! 

giant dragonfly 73122.JPG

• Like 31

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a sunny and cool day at the beach

We are coffee drinkers and really could not start the day without it! I salute the elderly and as my DSIL pointed out to me - we are the old people!

Today is DH`s Birthday.  Nothing planned other than a wonderful cake from Publix. Not going out to dinner because we are trying to stay away from people before the trip.

I was scheduled for a cut and color today but my guy has no power. So hopefully they will by Monday- if not, will get it done on the ship. 

My eye injection was also cancelled and am really hoping they can reschedule the first of the week. They also have no power.

I am not complaining. I am very fortunate. Slowly hearing from friends around the state. All are ok but with damage to their homes. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28

Rabbit.. rabbit...white rabbit!

Good morning Dailyites. A nice cool calm morning here.

I'm so sad for those suffering in the wake of Ian. What a horrible mess. Prayers lifted to all on Roy's care list and for people of Ukraine. I'd like to turn off the news and bury my head under the covers.

Thank you Roy for adding my sister to the care list. She was feeling terrible yesterday. Hoping today is better for her.  

Thank you Rich for mentioning the gift cards. I put a cruise on hold til the gift cards go on sale. The 1st payment is due the day after. 

Wishing many of our Daily family Bon Voyage this week. Hope the weather is beautiful for you.

Tonight we are having friends over for pizza and games. Probably sit by the fire pit afterwards. Going to enjoy this weather!

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

image.png.d9968b90409095c58da0cc49c1c8a215.png

image.png.9e1f56b3b948b3a74b916d56d44b686f.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  BFF sent me a web site to look at at the aerial views of Sanibel.  The helicopter didn't head as far south on the island  as were we stay, but there doesn't look like much is left there.  So 2024 which is when we were supposed to go back, will not happen.  So many great memories from our visits there.

I have not been frugal, I have been shopping for clothes for our Alaska and Greek Islands cruise.  I bought two reversal skirts, and two tunics, and now I have 8 different outfits.  Frugal with suitcase space, but not with the credit card.

I only gained one pound on my 10 day cruise.  And my fitbit said I walked more than 12000 steps a day for 8 out of 10 days, and then the fitbit died.  So while on board I bought a nice watch, that has a map of western Europe on the face.

@StLouisCruisers I loved your pictures today.

I will totally celebrate Coffee Day and Elderly persons day.  Cause this old person, is sitting here drinking a second cup.  F1 qualifying is on, and of course work starts at 10.  DH is putting new brakes on his very old car (actually my car, but when he lost his vision in his right eye and crashed into a pole in a parking lot two times, I switched cars with him,  So now he drives my 2001 Jeep Cherokee.)

Pharmacy called last night, my new meds are ready.  If I have a car around to drive, I will try to get them tomorrow, or Monday morning after DH's appointment with the radiologist.  I have to go back in for a bone density test on Friday.  They wanted to do it yesterday, but in the middle of my appointment there was a staff meeting, and I didn't want to wait.  

f03bb9ef07cd16e3fb641b6e86ff7c83.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I enjoy coffee, hot and iced, although I'm in the decaf camp for health reasons.  We're all getting older, so we'd better take care of our elders before we become them.  As far as frugal fun goes, I've always told DH I'm a cheap date; I've never been a high maintenance girl needing diamonds and luxury.  

I had my 3rd booster yesterday, the Moderna bivalent dose, and the only side effect I'm having is a stiff upper arm. As everything seems to happen in 3's, it appears I'm the 3rd in the "lost earring department" - yesterday I wore a pair I'd purchased with our recently departed friend when we were in Aruba.  We haggled together and were able to get a good price on tri-coloured gold hoops and were delighted to show our husbands our specials of the day.  Well at the end of last evening I realized one was missing; it could have flicked off when I removed my mask before getting in the car at the pharmacy across town, or at the grocery store where we stopped on the way home, or in the yard when I was picking up pine cones in the late afternoon.  Sigh.  I guess I'm going to have to call on St. Anthony for help with this.

@kpladyHappy Retirement!  Welcome to the world where every night's a Friday and every day's a Saturday!

@cunnorlHappy Birthday to your DH with many healthy returns of the day.

Also, a very Happy Birthday to President Jimmy Carter who turns 98 today.

Not a lot on the agenda today, just searching the house and car for the lost earring, maybe washing a window or two before the cold sets in, and that's about it.  I think we'd both like today's menu suggestion, but we have a rotisserie chicken in the fridge that will be turned into hot chicken sandwiches with tossed salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, especially all who have been affected by Fiona and Ian, and cheers for all the celebrations.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cool central Texas.  Fall is definitely here as our temperature is 53F.  It will warm up to about 85F this afternoon.  Quite a change from the triple digits in June and July, and the high 90s the past two months.  It makes being outside in the afternoon a lot nicer.

DH drinks coffee when it's cold outside, but I am not a coffee drinker  However, we'll celebrate coffee day.  I'm glad to see the old folks have their day, but in my mind I'm not elderly.  Frugal fun sounds interesting.

Today's quote is also interesting.  The meal sounds intriguing, but we'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Toulon on July 24, 2019, while on the Veendam.  That day we walked into town, then took the little tourist train around part of the town.  We also took a city bus out to ride a cable car to the top of a mountain.  We stood in line for quite a while, then someone ahead of us checked on the wait times.  It would take more than 30 minutes to get to the ticket counter, and then about an hour to reach the gondola.  We along with several others turned around and headed back to the bus stop.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm pleased that your blood tests were normal, and glad you'll be getting your flu shot and booster next week.

@Cat in my lap  Safe travels back to Tampa today.  I hope you find your place undamaged.

@kplady  Laura, enjoy your retirement.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that is good news that Ian spared you and that you can go on your trip.  Safe travels and have a great time.

@ottahand7  I'm happy your friend Frank is making progress.

@cunnorl  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to your DH.  Hope you can get your appointments rescheduled.  I'm glad your friends are all safe, but sorry they will be dealing with damaged homes.

@ger_77  Gerry, sorry about your lost earring.  I know the feeling only too well.

These are a few pictures of our day in Toulon.  The area just outside the port.

DSC06949.thumb.JPG.ad21f8a2677a66b3cffcff30d73853bf.JPG

DSC06951.thumb.JPG.3684cef3a559d9a8c3672a3278229364.JPG

A nice beach with a small fort in the background

DSC06958.thumb.JPG.80939827b178e588b1f1c7c9c11e809a.JPG

The promenade along the waterfront

DSC06972.thumb.JPG.fb43423396a55ba1a8a442ccbb3fc24d.JPG

There was a market set up in a square on the main road in town

DSC06977.thumb.JPG.a09af373f1364481a7d2f74345c754bc.JPG

DSC06978.thumb.JPG.3c670d69bac1ae4729c900a7f79d7536.JPG

DSC06979.thumb.JPG.bf1a2caa64b995a2d00a2de6ee11acaa.JPG

The main road, which is a block from the waterfront promenade.

DSC06982.thumb.JPG.ed251fca9f2c3a8128654d4c57a371a8.JPG

Some pictures from the tourist train or from the city bus

DSC06984.thumb.JPG.36ad570ff74d27b1d73403f7eb3320a2.JPG

DSC06985.thumb.JPG.a0a1b6f90beeb2a88fd68f2b87bb2fc7.JPG

DSC06986.thumb.JPG.6cfe5e8b6e398f0346c6d50404b5930e.JPG

The view from the area where we waited in line for the gondola tickets.  

DSC06990.thumb.JPG.903f3e8eb8a6fbb8679df9ad21176937.JPG

DSC06991.thumb.JPG.23d2a6b7f34af30013c17c7e732174ce.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

37 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I like the days.  Don’t know what I would do without coffee in the morning, I salute the elderly, since I fall in that category and I am all for frugal fun.

The wine and meal sound good as does the drink.

We have been to the port and went to Aix-en-Provence from there.

The quote is interesting.

Thank you to Roy for the Cares and Celebration List.

Prayers to all who need them, especially all those who were ravaged by the storm.

Thank you to Graham @grapau27 for the explanation of the days. And to @dfishfor the recipes. Hope you make a dent with the packing.

We are feeling especially blessed that Ian spared us.  We have enough to deal with right now.

We are excited that we will be able to go on our trip.

Wrapping up the last few things we have to do today and will leave for Jacksonville tomorrow

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

Best wishes for a wonderful trip Terri.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

We are coffee drinkers and really could not start the day without it! I salute the elderly and as my DSIL pointed out to me - we are the old people!

Today is DH`s Birthday.  Nothing planned other than a wonderful cake from Publix. Not going out to dinner because we are trying to stay away from people before the trip.

I was scheduled for a cut and color today but my guy has no power. So hopefully they will by Monday- if not, will get it done on the ship. 

My eye injection was also cancelled and am really hoping they can reschedule the first of the week. They also have no power.

I am not complaining. I am very fortunate. Slowly hearing from friends around the state. All are ok but with damage to their homes. 

Charlene

Happy birthday to your husband today Charlene.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cool central Texas.  Fall is definitely here as our temperature is 53F.  It will warm up to about 85F this afternoon.  Quite a change from the triple digits in June and July, and the high 90s the past two months.  It makes being outside in the afternoon a lot nicer.

DH drinks coffee when it's cold outside, but I am not a coffee drinker  However, we'll celebrate coffee day.  I'm glad to see the old folks have their day, but in my mind I'm not elderly.  Frugal fun sounds interesting.

Today's quote is also interesting.  The meal sounds intriguing, but we'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Toulon on July 24, 2019, while on the Veendam.  That day we walked into town, then took the little tourist train around part of the town.  We also took a city bus out to ride a cable car to the top of a mountain.  We stood in line for quite a while, then someone ahead of us checked on the wait times.  It would take more than 30 minutes to get to the ticket counter, and then about an hour to reach the gondola.  We along with several others turned around and headed back to the bus stop.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm pleased that your blood tests were normal, and glad you'll be getting your flu shot and booster next week.

@Cat in my lap  Safe travels back to Tampa today.  I hope you find your place undamaged.

@kplady  Laura, enjoy your retirement.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that is good news that Ian spared you and that you can go on your trip.  Safe travels and have a great time.

@ottahand7  I'm happy your friend Frank is making progress.

@cunnorl  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to your DH.  Hope you can get your appointments rescheduled.  I'm glad your friends are all safe, but sorry they will be dealing with damaged homes.

@ger_77  Gerry, sorry about your lost earring.  I know the feeling only too well.

These are a few pictures of our day in Toulon.  The area just outside the port.

DSC06949.thumb.JPG.ad21f8a2677a66b3cffcff30d73853bf.JPG

DSC06951.thumb.JPG.3684cef3a559d9a8c3672a3278229364.JPG

A nice beach with a small fort in the background

DSC06958.thumb.JPG.80939827b178e588b1f1c7c9c11e809a.JPG

The promenade along the waterfront

DSC06972.thumb.JPG.fb43423396a55ba1a8a442ccbb3fc24d.JPG

There was a market set up in a square on the main road in town

DSC06977.thumb.JPG.a09af373f1364481a7d2f74345c754bc.JPG

DSC06978.thumb.JPG.3c670d69bac1ae4729c900a7f79d7536.JPG

DSC06979.thumb.JPG.bf1a2caa64b995a2d00a2de6ee11acaa.JPG

The main road, which is a block from the waterfront promenade.

DSC06982.thumb.JPG.ed251fca9f2c3a8128654d4c57a371a8.JPG

Some pictures from the tourist train or from the city bus

DSC06984.thumb.JPG.36ad570ff74d27b1d73403f7eb3320a2.JPG

DSC06985.thumb.JPG.a0a1b6f90beeb2a88fd68f2b87bb2fc7.JPG

DSC06986.thumb.JPG.6cfe5e8b6e398f0346c6d50404b5930e.JPG

The view from the area where we waited in line for the gondola tickets.  

DSC06990.thumb.JPG.903f3e8eb8a6fbb8679df9ad21176937.JPG

DSC06991.thumb.JPG.23d2a6b7f34af30013c17c7e732174ce.JPG

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Fantastic photos.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 76 more days until I leave for my 90 some day cruise.  I have my river back. It was so strange to have Ian suck all the water out of the rivers here. Lowest water level allowed us to get a lot of stuff out of the river that we had no idea was even in there. Now it's pretty much back to normal levels. I am starting to get excited about my Grand voyage and the cruises leading up to it. I have never done this before. Lots of new ideas to  explore but I just desided that if I don't do it now, it will be too late and I would have regrets. There are only so many years in a life time and I think now is as good a time as any. Oh, and your coffee memes are wonderful but I'm not sure I want to give them warning about what happens if I don't get my coffee.  Maybe I need one to warn my cabin steward. Prayers for all even those who don't know they need it and cheers to all as well. 

• Like 33

@kplady, wishing you an unbelievably happy retirement!  Sweet freedom and not dealing with an alarm clock every day are precious things.

@Cruzin Terri, so glad things are aligning so your richly-deserved trip can happen. Have a wonderful relaxing time. 

@dfish, nice upsell for you to make your cruise just a little sweeter!

@rafinmd, please include me with the 10/8 Nieuw Statendam group. I don’t want to miss the boat!  😀😉

Best to everyone

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy I think autocorrect got the best of you today. I see @Seasick Sailor's sister is recovering from "soldier" surgery instead of shoulder surgery!  😁  

Not autocorrect.  Pure operator error.

@cunnorl Happy Birthday to your DH.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 18
  • Haha 7

Terri @Cruzin Terrienjoy your trip to Barbados! How long will you be away?

54 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Charlene

Happy Birthday to your DH!  I hope you can get some of your appointments taken care of before you leave.  If not, I"ve had to get my hair done on the ship before when we've been cruising for months.  At least double the cost compared to home, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

38 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I enjoy coffee, hot and iced, although I'm in the decaf camp for health reasons.  We're all getting older, so we'd better take care of our elders before we become them.  As far as frugal fun goes, I've always told DH I'm a cheap date; I've never been a high maintenance girl needing diamonds and luxury.  

I had my 3rd booster yesterday, the Moderna bivalent dose, and the only side effect I'm having is a stiff upper arm. As everything seems to happen in 3's, it appears I'm the 3rd in the "lost earring department" - yesterday I wore a pair I'd purchased with our recently departed friend when we were in Aruba.  We haggled together and were able to get a good price on tri-coloured gold hoops and were delighted to show our husbands our specials of the day.  Well at the end of last evening I realized one was missing; it could have flicked off when I removed my mask before getting in the car at the pharmacy across town, or at the grocery store where we stopped on the way home, or in the yard when I was picking up pine cones in the late afternoon.  Sigh.  I guess I'm going to have to call on St. Anthony for help with this.

@kpladyHappy Retirement!  Welcome to the world where every night's a Friday and every day's a Saturday!

@cunnorlHappy Birthday to your DH with many healthy returns of the day.

Also, a very Happy Birthday to President Jimmy Carter who turns 98 today.

Not a lot on the agenda today, just searching the house and car for the lost earring, maybe washing a window or two before the cold sets in, and that's about it.  I think we'd both like today's menu suggestion, but we have a rotisserie chicken in the fridge that will be turned into hot chicken sandwiches with tossed salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, especially all who have been affected by Fiona and Ian, and cheers for all the celebrations.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I know I've been in the lost earring club at least 3 times.  Only once did I find one here in my house.  The other two times were in the doctor's office parking lot, and during a 7 mile walk around Melbourne, Australia on a windy, rainy day.  Needless to say I didn't locate the earring there!!  

DD lost a diamond from her wedding band about a week or so ago.  She saw it intact at church but drove to Walmart afterward so thought it could be there or in the car.  Then she found it on her kitchen counter! Boy, did she luck out there!

14 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 76 more days until I leave for my 90 some day cruise.  I have my river back. It was so strange to have Ian suck all the water out of the rivers here. Lowest water level allowed us to get a lot of stuff out of the river that we had no idea was even in there. Now it's pretty much back to normal levels. I am starting to get excited about my Grand voyage and the cruises leading up to it. I have never done this before. Lots of new ideas to  explore but I just desided that if I don't do it now, it will be too late and I would have regrets. There are only so many years in a life time and I think now is as good a time as any. Oh, and your coffee memes are wonderful but I'm not sure I want to give them warning about what happens if I don't get my coffee.  Maybe I need one to warn my cabin steward. Prayers for all even those who don't know they need it and cheers to all as well. 

Linda, that's cool that you all were able to get some of the stuff out of the river bed while the water was missing.  And I can't blame you for being excited about your cruises!  It will be a once in a lifetime experience, that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not autocorrect.  Pure operator error.

Roy

Sorry about that!  You made me laugh though.  We use the term "operator error" in our household a lot.

• Like 25

Hello friends   It has been a few days since I have been able to check in here. We experienced a devastating hurricane. Our community is a mess. We are without power, phone service and internet with no estimate on wheat anything may be restored. But we are safe. 
thank you for your concern.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 33

17 minutes ago, jimgev said:

Hello friends   It has been a few days since I have been able to check in here. We experienced a devastating hurricane. Our community is a mess. We are without power, phone service and internet with no estimate on wheat anything may be restored. But we are safe. 
thank you for your concern.

Thank  you for managing to check in.  We're glad you are safe, but OH NO, on all the damage.  Hope everything is restored sooner rather than later.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1