MedallionClass app is whack.

Outerdog

I can't seem to get the app to allow me to look at the checklists for any cruise other than the our next cruise. We have two other future cruises and if I tap on them in my profile and try to get to the checklist, it goes back to the first one on the list. I'm sure there's a secret sequence to taps, or a super-secret incantation I need to perform to make it work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Good evening to you too, Ship Name! The app also quietly renamed itself from Medallion Class to "Princess" or perhaps "Princess Medallion Class

image.thumb.png.411f07bc7b62cf9c028e52c1938725bd.png

image.png.fbcc91f2eb44b1f006d18340f7fa7007.png

That's a symptom of no testing of the app prior to release.

Pretty much matches my personal experience working with Acc*&$$^& on development projects.

What most don't realize is that the Medallion Application is an ongoing daily activity.  No need to put it on the daily schedule, it's always there for you and each time you open it, you will have a new challenge.  For laughs, compare the menu on the appication to the one in the dining room.....or the wine list on the application to the wine list at a specialty restaurant.  Feel free to try to see your on board account.  It's not a bad activity....better than some that actually are on the schedule.

16 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Good evening to you too, Ship Name! The app also quietly renamed itself from Medallion Class to "Princess" or perhaps "Princess Medallion Class

image.thumb.png.411f07bc7b62cf9c028e52c1938725bd.png

image.png.fbcc91f2eb44b1f006d18340f7fa7007.png

Mine has also changed to “Princess”.

I am also known as “Title & Last Name!”.  Is there any known way to fix this? I’m not sure why I’m worried about that because they still have my loyalty level incorrect.  I was unable to make dining reservations on my own; I had to call.  I also can’t get my 50% discount on Internet.

Princess please fix these reported issues.  

Delete the app and reinstall new version.  I updated yesterday and had the same issue.   Deleted the app this morning, reinstalled and I have a real name.

This was the first time I have had an issue with the App.  

• Like 1

FYI -- If you are having a problem getting the Medallion app to personalize, you might want to take a look at the "Ocean Medallion App-Part 3 thread, post #4097.  I followed the simple suggestion and I was able to fix the problem.  Good luck to all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Mine has also changed to “Princess”.

I am also known as “Title & Last Name!”.  Is there any known way to fix this? I’m not sure why I’m worried about that because they still have my loyalty level incorrect.  I was unable to make dining reservations on my own; I had to call.  I also can’t get my 50% discount on Internet.

Princess please fix these reported issues.  

Check to see if you have "preferred name" filled out in the app. That fixed the issue for some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Check to see if you have "preferred name" filled out in the app. That fixed the issue for some.

It is “preferred name” and “emergency contact email address” causing the change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

7 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

It is “preferred name” and “emergency contact email address” causing the change.

I tried adding my “preferred name” but it would not let me save.  The emergency contact email is listed. Thank you for trying to help me.

14 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Delete the app and reinstall new version.  I updated yesterday and had the same issue.   Deleted the app this morning, reinstalled and I have a real name.

This was the first time I have had an issue with the App.  

I deleted the app and reinstalled the new version and this is what I ended up with. I do not have a real name and my loyalty level is still incorrect. I have never had a problem with the app before so this frustration is all new to me, ha ha.  I take that back… Several cruises pre-Covid the app would not work on my iPhone 6 but once I bought a newer model I did not have any problems until now.

4 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I tried adding my “preferred name” but it would not let me save.  The emergency contact email is listed. Thank you for trying to help me.

I was not able to save my "preferred name" until I had ALL the emergency information filled out.  Once I did that, I scrolled down and was able to save.  Not sure if this is your case or not -- just know what worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I was not able to save my "preferred name" until I had ALL the emergency information filled out.  Once I did that, I scrolled down and was able to save.  Not sure if this is your case or not -- just know what worked for me.

Thank you for sharing. I checked my emergency contact information and the first three digits of the phone number were missing (they were there before).  I tried to make the correction but it will not allow me to click save. 

I have been on three sailings post pandemic and everything was correct until now.  OP are you having any luck?

This. Is. A. Mess.

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing. I checked my emergency contact information and the first three digits of the phone number were missing (they were there before).  I tried to make the correction but it will not allow me to click save. 

I have been on three sailings post pandemic and everything was correct until now.  OP are you having any luck?

This. Is. A. Mess.

Go back and check your preferred name is still there.  It seems the additions need to be done in order, name and emergency email.   

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This. Is. A. Mess.

So sorry to hear that you were not able to fix the problem.  While some things seem to be working better with this update, Princess still has a ways to go before this app is fully functioning.  My phone is a Samsung Android not sure if that makes a difference.  A while back I had to call app support and I was told that for some reason, IPhones  have more problems than Androids.  I laughed when she told me this as in the beginning of the app process, the IPhones were doing better than the Androids.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

So sorry to hear that you were not able to fix the problem.  While some things seem to be working better with this update, Princess still has a ways to go before this app is fully functioning.  My phone is a Samsung Android not sure if that makes a difference.  A while back I had to call app support and I was told that for some reason, IPhones  have more problems than Androids.  I laughed when she told me this as in the beginning of the app process, the IPhones were doing better than the Androids.  Good luck.

Thank you so much. I do have an iPhone but app worked until they broke it, lol.  I’m wondering if it’s just messing up due to the last iOS update?