Cooking Classes

mikaula

5 hours ago, sprint180 said:

If the one you want is not open you can be put yourself on a waiting list.  I took two classes and they were really fun.

I’ll keep checking. Thank you for telling me where to find them

My husband took a smoking class and they didn't show them how to smoke anything. They prepared a roast for the oven. 

I took a cupcake class to learn how to decorate cupcakes. They showed us how to mix a batter, (I  did not need a class for that), They showed us how mix coloring into frosting, (didn't really need a class for that) and they showed us how to put frosting into bags. They did not show us one trick or tips on how to decorate. (Which was why I took the class.). If you need a refresher course in how to mix batter and fill cupcake pans, this is the course for you. They also let us sample cupcakes that had been previously baked and frosted. They truly were the driest, tasteless cupcakes I have ever tasted. 

• Haha 4

I just got off a 15 day cruise on Miracle.  While it maybe technically wasn't a "class" I did notice that there was a "cooking demonstration" in the steak house several times throughout the cruise, no reservations needed just show up and hope all the seats aren't filled yet.  

I'm not sure if this is now a normal thing,  or if it was just being offered for the long cruise.  I don't remember seeing it on any of my previous cruises since 2018 (but that doesn't prove that it didn't exist).

Edited by groundloop

They have had the steakhouse cooking demonstrations for several years, at least on 7 day cruises. The chef quickly walks thru cooking a starter, entree and desert and they hand out pre-made sample of the dishes he is preparing and give you recepies.

I just did the Journeys cruise on the Ecstasy and they had two cooking demonstrations. Since they do not have a steakhouse it was done in the Punchliner club and he demoed dishes that were served in the MDR that night.

For the person who is really into cooking, I would not advise taking the courses.  This is a mass cruise company that is marketing to the “masses”.  Thus the classes need to be instructed for the masses to participate with some ease.  Personally, I definitely fit within the masses in terms of cooking (I cook nearly everyday but nothing fancy; just to get something edible in our tummies).  I took 3 of the cooking classes in August on the Panorama and enjoyed them as did my family members.  However, based on the cost, we were not expecting some elaborate teachings too.  My favorite was the sushi making class as that is something that I would never make at home (I live in LA and get that very cheaply on the corner down the street).  

• Like 1

At a Chef's Table I attended last winter, they "demonstrated how to make Chocolate Melting Cake. It was just one of the cooks beating the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk for about 20 seconds. 😕

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

How to book a spot in Carnival Kitchen?

Classes are relatively small people with only 20 or so people class, so book ahead of time. The easiest way to book is to use your Cruise Planner (at Carnival.com) and add them. The classes are found under “Specialty dining.” You can wait and book online, but currently, Carnival Kitchen is only available on some of Carnival’s biggest ships. With so many passengers, spots fill up quickly. 

How much does Carnival Kitchen cost?

A class in the Carnival Kitchen costs $30 per guest. Guests must be 12 years old or older to participate. 

Which ships have Carnival Kitchen?

carnival-kitchen-options-819x1024.jpg.webp

Edited by surfjock27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Will  be on Marti Gras in Feb. and I can't find a site to reserve one of these classes.  Any information that you can give me as to how to book this would be oh so helpful.  Thanking you in advance .  Joan

• 2 weeks later...

We did the pasta master class on Carnival Panorama and then my sister and her husband went to see if there were any openings at the Sushi class. The steakhouse manager takes care of this. We had a great time with this sea day excursion. You can read more about what to expect at my website: https://gallivantingsouls.com/carnival-kitchen-review/ happy cruising!

On 10/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, cappy09 said:

Will  be on Marti Gras in Feb. and I can't find a site to reserve one of these classes.  Any information that you can give me as to how to book this would be oh so helpful.  Thanking you in advance .  Joan

Our classes just showed up and we sail on Nov 27  on Celebration so it may be too early to see yours.  When it does show up it will be under specialty dinning.

• Like 1