Sapphire Oct. 4th 2022 sailing

latebloomer56

Well boarding was very easy when we arrived from LAX on the 4th. Took Princess transfer no issues.

The crew is awesome, meals are not as slow as reported on prior cruise. Food is subjective not that great but plenty of it. Cabin is an icebox we but both thermostats to the center but nights are very cold. Balcony door is awful but can manipulate it to squeeze in and out. He both were reported immediately, both still an issue, they have more important things I believe and we will manage. We have a flushing toilet and hot water so better than some.

In Kauai, staying on board no open tours.

Will check in later, Laura

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
at poster's request
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Well boarding was very easy when we arrived from LAX on the 4th. Took Princess transfer no issues.

The crew is awesome, meals are not as slow as reported on prior cruise. Food is subjective not that great but plenty of it. Cabin is an icebox we but both thermostats to the center but nights are very cold. Balcony door is awful but can manipulate it to squeeze in and out. He both were reported immediately, both still an issue, they have more important things I believe and we will manage. We have a flushing toilet and hot water so better than some.

thanks for the update...hope you enjoy Hawai'i

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

That's 2022, next year is either Europe or SA.

Arrived Kauai at 9 AM, an hour late (8AM original) even though the captain said yesterday that we would arrive at 7.

The taxi line was chaotic, very few cabs for a lot o passengers trying to go somewhere and very few crew members or port employees giving information. Had to return to the ship instead and abandoned our plans to go to Waimea (lost our rental reservation because all of this).

28 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Arrived Kauai at 9 AM, an hour late (8AM original) even though the captain said yesterday that we would arrive at 7.

The taxi line was chaotic, very few cabs for a lot o passengers trying to go somewhere and very few crew members or port employees giving information. Had to return to the ship instead and abandoned our plans to go to Waimea (lost our rental reservation because all of this).

I know we talked to four folks on the elevator two waited two hours for a shuttle was told only 45 more minutes so they came back on board the other couple did get the shuttle spend half an hour for souvenirs then came back.

Others thought Princess should of had more tour buses, but to be fair if you booked early you were ok, we didn't so stayed on board. Nice quiet day.

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Sapphire Oct. 4th 2023 sailing

I have to say that punctuality has not been something that has characterized Princess on this trip...

Late on Kauai, a little late on Honolulú, and now again late on Kahului because apparently they can't open the door because there's no personal on land???...

Edited by carlosalonsor
  • Like 2

Happy to say our balcony door has been fixed, very happy. Air conditioning doesn't feel as cold but it has been hot and very humid in Hawaii.

Love the crew, food hasn't improved in the MDR but the buffet isn't bad haven't gone hungry yet.

Hawaii was a bust for me but have been twice before so not a big deal, I love all the sea days.

• Like 1

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Sapphire Oct. 4th 2022 sailing