Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, I met a few of them at the Meet & Greet but we didn't exchange cabin numbers. 

And actually I'd rather chat to people online than on the phone - that way I can pace myself and not get stressed.

Fair enough, I understand. Keep on drinking that cognac, does wonders for you, order a few Drambuies, lol.

Now I have a plan for the Coral Captain, to thwart the forecast rough seas in the Bight  next week, head back to Sydney clockwise, the way you have travelled thus far, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

Just now, NSWP said:

So with the extra day in Freo, are you missing Busselton for Margaret River ?  Next stop Albany after that?

I don't think we'll miss either of those ports. The idea is to delay crossing the Bight by a day so we miss some nasty weather. I guess they'll drop one of the other ports but they haven't announced which one yet.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

How is Frank today? 

I'm feeling a bit better but not completely over it yet. Being in iso does force you to rest a lot which is the best thing.

He slept most of yesterday and also right through night which is highly unusual for him so that was excellent as it’s true resting aids recovery. However he’s feeling fine he says.

my morning test was negative too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think we'll miss either of those ports. The idea is to delay crossing the Bight by a day so we miss some nasty weather. I guess they'll drop one of the other ports but they haven't announced which one yet.

I didn’t hear earlier announcements if there were any. I am presuming you mean we’d just push out the dates for Busselton and Albany as they were all day after each other. ( no sea days in middle).

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

He slept most of yesterday and also right through night which is highly unusual for him so that was excellent as it’s true resting aids recovery. However he’s feeling fine he says.

my morning test was negative too.

Best wishes to both of you - stay safe and great news that Frank has tested negative 🙃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now I have a plan for the Coral Captain, to thwart the forecast rough seas in the Bight  next week, head back to Sydney clockwise, the way you have travelled thus far, lol.

Then we’ll have to swim cos exactly two weeks after we dock, we fly back to Syd to join flight joy South Africa nov 22 arriving back dec 22nd. So please excuse me for jumping ship lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Then we’ll have to swim cos exactly two weeks after we dock, we fly back to Syd to join flight joy South Africa nov 22 arriving back dec 22nd. So please excuse me for jumping ship lol

A few may have jumped ship in Freo and flown home, just guessing.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

I didn’t hear earlier announcements if there were any. I am presuming you mean we’d just push out the dates for Busselton and Albany as they were all day after each other. ( no sea days in middle).

Yes, that's what I think will happen. We got a paper copy of the Captain's announcement as well as hearing it.

• Like 2

Just now, NSWP said:

That would suit be just fine as long as I'm out of iso. I'd happily have some more of that lovely warm weather!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Cruise Passenger article is up online. They've been very accurate in quoting me.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/id-rather-be-here-than-at-home-a-pandemic-passengers-story-from-the-coral-princess/

Well done Julie a great article, how are you feeling today, how is your husband?

Princess is to be commended for the treatment of their passengers, it will be interesting to see how many people test positive.
Please take care, rest when you can and keep up the fluids😜.

Kind regards Heather 

• Like 1

Just now, Bonne Voyage said:

Well done Julie a great article, how are you feeling today, how is your husband?

Princess is to be commended for the treatment of their passengers, it will be interesting to see how many people test positive.

Kind regards Heather 

Thanks. I think a lot of people have been caught by the mandatory tests yesterday and this morning. Room service appears to be swamped today. 

I'm definitely keeping up the fluids - lots of tea, cocktails, wine, 🤣🤣🤣, and also lots and lots of water. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would suit be just fine as long as I'm out of iso. I'd happily have some more of that lovely warm weather!

I think I’m on a safe bet we will be continuing our journey. Any other time I’d be very happy lol

In hindsight it might have been smarter for Princess to require shipwide tests before the Darwin port stop. That would have weeded out those people concealing their symptoms earlier so it would not have spread so much. Perhaps on long cruises like this there should be mandatory tests once a week.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Bonne Voyage said:

Kind regards Heather 

It sounds like the fluids are flowing 😂😂😂😂

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Cruise Passenger article is up online. They've been very accurate in quoting me.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/id-rather-be-here-than-at-home-a-pandemic-passengers-story-from-the-coral-princess/

Very good article Julie. Pleasing they have stuck with what you told them and didn't do a beat up and end of the world number (though to be expected from a cruise publication).

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

All medicinal of course, hydration is so very important.

How are you both today?
Kind regards Heather 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Have been following this thread, but mostly unable to get any answers sent on our covid free internet. Hubby was pos early morning in Broome. Heavy head cold symptoms. I was Pos yesterday, woke with heavy head cold . Daily RAT neg, but rang medical who did PCR. Got results late last night. 5days iso, then PCR retest on day 6.

Medallion app seems to have deleted Busselton. So doubt that is now our next port. Getting pretty hungry. Ordered lunch for 1pm it is now 2.41pm. Have been told twice that it will be here in a few minutes. Just had tea and coffee for breakfast, as we don't do breakfast.

• Like 3

Just now, gazpam said:

Have been following this thread, but mostly unable to get any answers sent on our covid free internet. Hubby was pos early morning in Broome. Heavy head cold symptoms. I was Pos yesterday, woke with heavy head cold . Daily RAT neg, but rang medical who did PCR. Got results late last night. 5days iso, then PCR retest on day 6.

Medallion app seems to have deleted Busselton. So doubt that is now our next port. Getting pretty hungry. Ordered lunch for 1pm it is now 2.41pm. Have been told twice that it will be here in a few minutes. Just had tea and coffee for breakfast, as we don't do breakfast.

Lunch was very slow today. It took over an hour for my lunch to be delivered. I suggest ordering it just before midday tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gazpam said:

As only Frank is positive, I’m allowed to go to horizon and get food & drinks and take to cabin. I’d be happy to grab you some stuff, even if it’s just rolls and soup if you like. I can just pop them on your table and holler “room service” in my best philipino accent 😂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Lunch was very slow today. It took over an hour for my lunch to be delivered. I suggest ordering it just before midday tomorrow.

I guess it’s because the MDR is not open for lunch as it’s port day and same tomorrow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would have weeded out those people concealing their symptoms earlier so it would not have spread so much. Perhaps on long cruises like this there should be mandatory tests once a week.

The problem with blanket testing is the rate of false positives. RATs have a lowish false positive rate (2% according to an Australian health department video I just checked), but that means testing a lot of people, or everyone on board, will throw people into isolation who are not sick with Covid. We keep seeing 2,000 passengers quoted for the Coral Princess, so even ignoring the staff, that could yield 40 'cases' which are false positives. I would be cancelling my Xmas cruise with Princess right now (Majestic) if they suggested they were going to test everyone periodically on board. 

• Like 1