Question on # of devices for internet

Hey there, sailing with my husband and son and wanted to get them the internet package. Noticed if I just choose my husband's name and select 2 devices it's cheaper than getting the package for each person. I'm assuming the two devices means they could both use it, right? Each person should be able to login and use internet?

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, #1packerfan said:

Yes they can both be logged in with the same account/login on 2 different devices.  If more than 2 devices one device would get "booted".  We always do it this way as you said, because it is less expensive.  

What's the additionl cost for the extra device?

Our last cruise was with another couple. We each had a device we wanted internet access. I paid for a "4 device" package using my name/account and all four of us had access on our individual devices. The other couple just paid me half the cost which at the end of the day worked out cheaper by far for everyone.

We had three devices (my phone, Jan's phone and my laptop).  I paid for 2 devices under my name.  We could use any two devices simultaneously.  If I tried to login on a 3rd, I'd get a notification that I could continue and bump off on of the other two currently in use.  I have heard that it's the "oldest" login or "newest" login that is bumped out, but in my case, it was always Jan's phone and always when she was in the middle of a very important FB post.  So I learned to visit the "logout.com" page before switching between my phone and laptop.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

What's the additional cost for the extra device?

In both cases (two one device packages or one two device package) you are paying to access Voom with two devices at the same time - there's no extra device.

1 hour ago, pfdaxe358 said:

Our last cruise was with another couple. We each had a device we wanted internet access. I paid for a "4 device" package using my name/account and all four of us had access on our individual devices. The other couple just paid me half the cost which at the end of the day worked out cheaper by far for everyone.

We have another couple that cruise with us out of the time and we do the same thing.  

For others note that you do not have to be sharing the same cabin to do it this way.

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

In both cases (two one device packages or one two device package) you are paying to access Voom with two devices at the same time - there's no extra device.

I'm asking what the extra charge is to include an additional device.

Sorry for not being clear or if you didn't understand.

34 minutes ago, yogimax said:

There is no set price.  It varies from cruise to cruise. When you put the Internet in your cart it will then give you the option of purchasing for more than one device.

It typically is cheaper to do one person with 2 devices (or more up to 4) rather than doing single packages

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

What's the additionl cost for the extra device?

I goes down the more devices you add.  Our last cruise I debated between three or four devices.  When I priced it out the #4 device was only $5 per day extra.  You will have to check your cruise to get an exact cost.  

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

It depends on whether you are adding an additional device to an existing plan or whether you are getting a separate plan for the additional device. 

You should be able to find the cost in your cruise planner but choosing the plan that you want and seeing what the difference is between that and the plan you have.  There are, as @#1packerfansaid, there are a lot of variables involved. 

The lowest price I saw for Voom on our cruise was $19/day for 1 device, $31/day for two devices, so that means it was $12 to add the 2nd device.  I think a 3-device plan was maybe $42, so that would make the 3rd device $11, and I think going to the 4-device plan was even less additional per day - maybe $10 more for it?

23 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Depends on the price listed in your cruise planner. 

When mine is listed at $20.99/day for one device ($146.93), adding the second device is another $84 ($230.93 total). 

11 hours ago, rudeney said:

The lowest price I saw for Voom on our cruise was $19/day for 1 device, $31/day for two devices, so that means it was $12 to add the 2nd device.  I think a 3-device plan was maybe $42, so that would make the 3rd device $11, and I think going to the 4-device plan was even less additional per day - maybe $10 more for it?

To clarify my pricing, I was quoting the price for surf + stream. 

So $20.99/day for 1 device, and $12/day more for the second device.