Lose all Next Cruise OBC when requesting price drop??

Good Afternoon,

I booked a B2B on the Oasis sailing October 15 & 22, 2023.  I did book while onboard at NextCruise and received $150 OBC for each trip.  I see that the prices have dropped a good amount so I called RCCL.

I was told that because I booked these weeks at NextCruise in order to reprice to the cheaper price I would lose all OBC.  I'm not sure if this is right so wanted to reach out here because I think I'd get correct answers.

If this is the way it is, so be it, but wanted to see if I should question this further to a supervisor.

Thanks for your help!

You will not lose the NextCruise specific OBC, but you may lose any additional OBC that was available when you initially booked.

NC OBC for your sailings is $50/cabin for Interior/Ocean View or $100/cabin for Balcony/Junior Suite.  So, there was either $50 or $100 additional OBC as part of the booking.

Edited by Another_Critic

What were the booking restrictions on the cruises that you booked?

The OBC was based upon the cruise fare that you booked.

If you are repricing at a lower fare, then any perks (including OBC)  included in the original booking fare most likely would not carry over.

To find compare the costs of the new lower fare with the original fare, compute the costs of perks (OBC) included in the original fare, delete from the fare that you paid when booking and compare to the new price.

If if the new price is lower, than decide if the loss of the OBC is covered by the difference between the old fare and the new fare.

Just now, Homosassa said:

What were the booking restrictions on the cruises that you booked?

The OBC was based upon the cruise fare that you booked.

If you are repricing at a lower fare, then any perks (including OBC)  included in the original booking fare most likely would not carry over.

To find compare the costs of the new lower fare with the original fare, compute the costs of perks (OBC) included in the original fare, delete from the fare that you paid when booking and compare to the new price (including the value of any new perks in the new fare).

If if the new price is lower, than decide if the loss of the OBC is covered by the difference between the old fare and the new fare.

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You shouldn't lose it.   Call back  Did you book a suite?  If not it should be $100 each leg I believe not $150

As I previously stated:  "NC OBC for your sailings is $50/cabin for Interior/Ocean View or $100/cabin for Balcony/Junior Suite.  So, there was either $50 or $100 additional OBC as part of the booking."

FYI - Full Suite for 7-day sailing would be $300/cabin.

Post restart RCL was throwing in some kickers to the bookings to entice people back, and those promo $$ probably aren’t being offered any more, so if the original booking had them (in addition to the OBB), the kicker $$ would disappear.

Edited by orville99

FOR ALL NEXTCRUISE BOOKINGS: The special promotional offer that you received as part of your NextCruise Booking (the “Special Promotional Offer”) will adjust if you make any changes to a confirmed booking. In lieu of that Special Promotional Offer, your cruise would be booked at a prevailing rate available in your country as of the date of your change.

There are two completely different types of bookings that can be made at the NextCruise desk: one where you select ship, sail date, and cabin, and one where you have two months to decide where, when, and on what ship to sail. The first type (which we always do) has OBC that has never “disappeared” if we subsequently requested a price change (and we do 8-10 cruise a year and have requested and received price drops on numerous of them.) Having never done an “open booking” since they switched away from the old certificate model, I have no idea what happens to any promotional stuff if you make changes down the road. I only know the only promo $$ we have ever lost is when the promo no longer exists and we make a change.

Edited by orville99

Thank you everyone.  I did pick the ship/date while at the NextCruise desk.  I know I've gotten price reductions before when I booked NextCruise and never lost any OBC.  The agent told me someone probably made a mistake.

Guess I'll call back.

Thanks again!!