OnPoint COVID Testing

HBDave

We'll be sailing on the Apex Transatlantic on October 29, 2022. We'll be staying in Rome 4 days before the cruise. We'll need to complete COVID Tests before we board the ship. I purchase Supervised COVID Tests from OnPoint Testing. I scheduled the appointment and thought we were all set. Today I received a Meeting Cancelation E-Mail with no explanation, etc. I've been trying to contact them via phone for the last two hour with no success. The calls go directly on hold and then eventually disconnect. I can view my original order on their website, but you can't see scheduled appointments. Has anyone used OnPoint Testing recently, do you know if they're still in business? I'm trying to figure if I should dispute the charge with my Credit Card Co and go to plan "B".

53 minutes ago, HBDave said:

We'll be sailing on the Apex Transatlantic on October 29, 2022. We'll be staying in Rome 4 days before the cruise. We'll need to complete COVID Tests before we board the ship. I purchase Supervised COVID Tests from OnPoint Testing. I scheduled the appointment and thought we were all set. Today I received a Meeting Cancelation E-Mail with no explanation, etc. I've been trying to contact them via phone for the last two hour with no success. The calls go directly on hold and then eventually disconnect. I can view my original order on their website, but you can't see scheduled appointments. Has anyone used OnPoint Testing recently, do you know if they're still in business? I'm trying to figure if I should dispute the charge with my Credit Card Co and go to plan "B".

Going through the hassle now about a few $$ best for later not worth it.  I would assume the original appointment is still good and wait a couple days.   If I understand correctly you need a negative test but if you are fully vaccinated it can be a self test.  Just test and take a photo with a piece of paper with your name and date etc..

I spoke to OnPoint yesterday and they said their website would be up probably Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just checked their URL and just showing  a hand with a LOVE sign.   Appears the website it down.

Interesting, their site was working a couple of hours ago. You're right, the site is now down.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Going through the hassle now about a few $$ best for later not worth it.  I would assume the original appointment is still good and wait a couple days.   If I understand correctly you need a negative test but if you are fully vaccinated it can be a self test.  Just test and take a photo with a piece of paper with your name and date etc..

I spoke to OnPoint yesterday and they said their website would be up probably Tuesday. 

This is a transatlantic cruise, and a supervised test is still required. A self test would have been nice.

52 minutes ago, HBDave said:

Do you have a link regarding their issues?

Dave - OnPoint and some 50 other travel sites were hacked last week by persons in Eastern Europe.   That is it.  Of course right now their website is toast.   Wait a day or two.  They are in business.  I just called them at their main office in Seattle.

I also would verify the current testing requirements.  Mostly country specific for proctored testing.  Celebrity made changes again last week.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Dave - OnPoint and some 50 other travel sites were hacked last week by persons in Eastern Europe.   That is it.  Of course right now their website is toast.   Wait a day or two.  They are in business.  I just called them at their main office in Seattle.

I also would verify the current testing requirements.  Mostly country specific for proctored testing.  Celebrity made changes again last week.

Thank you for the update!

I’d stay away from OnPoint, despite the hack issues.

We paid for and scheduled testing for September 22, before we left home to fly out for a 9/24 cruise. When we tried to get into the Zoom, we got an invalid link notification. When we tried calling customer service we ended up in queue and got hung up on, more than once, likely because they were being flooded by calls. I emailed their support line, and got a bounce back indicating they would get back to me. They never did. When their system saw we “missed” our appointment it send a second Zoom link, which also gave an invalid link response.

Luckily, we were flying to our embarkation city 2 days in advance so we could spend a day at Mt Ranier National Park the day before we boarded our cruise, so I then paid for and scheduled tests through Rapid Test and Trace, which we successfully completed from our hotel room the following morning before we went to the park.

When we got home a week and a half later, I contacted OnPoint, by both phone and email to customer support, to get a refund for the tests we couldn’t complete. The phone rep told me their charges were non-refundable. I pointed out we were not able to test, although we tried, and asked to speak to a supervisor. She said she would open a case and a supervisor would call me. That was on October 3rd. I never heard from a supervisor or from my email to support. I finally just disputed the charge with the credit card. At the very least I would have expected a supervisor to actually call me, explain their issue and say, yes, we’ll issue a refund.

Edited by Miss Vickie

50 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I also would verify the current testing requirements.  Mostly country specific for proctored testing. 

No, Dave has it right for his cruise.  Nothing to do with any country's protocols.  Proctored testing is a blanket requirement for all TA and TP cruises this Fall.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

29 minutes ago, Miss Vickie said:

I’d stay away from OnPoint, despite the hack issues.

We paid for and scheduled testing for September 22, before we left home to fly out for a 9/24 cruise. When we tried to get into the Zoom, we got an invalid link notification. When we tried calling customer service we ended up in queue and got hung up on, more than once, likely because they were being flooded by calls. I emailed their support line, and got a bounce back indicating they would get back to me. They never did. When their system saw we “missed” our appointment it send a second Zoom link, which also gave an invalid link response.

Luckily, we were flying to our embarkation city 2 days in advance so we could spend a day at Mt Ranier National Park the day before we boarded our cruise, so I then paid for and scheduled tests through Rapid Test and Trace, which we successfully completed from our hotel room the following morning before we went to the park.

When we got home a week and a half later, I contacted OnPoint, by both phone and email to customer support, to get a refund for the tests we couldn’t complete. The phone rep told me their charges were non-refundable. I pointed out we were not able to test, although we tried, and asked to speak to a supervisor. She said she would open a case and a supervisor would call me. That was on October 3rd. I never heard from a supervisor or from my email to support. I finally just disputed the charge with the credit card. At the very least I would have expected a supervisor to actually call me, explain their issue and say, yes, we’ll issue a refund.

Wow, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for sharing. 

12 minutes ago, HBDave said:

Wow, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for sharing. 

If you are concerned about OnPoint- I used them in 2021 - then use your test with Rapidtestandtrace.com.   Used them in August of this year.  Rapidtestandtrace.com uses Microsoft Teams app..

FWIW  OnPoint reported doing over 5 million tests.  Much like Celebrity, not everyone happy.

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just looked again and their main site is still down. 

@Jim_lain Thanks again for checking.

I tried calling again today and checked their Web Site. No answer on the phone and the site is still down. We're leaving for Italy on October 23, so I guess I had better get onboard with plan 'B'. I was going to test at a local Pharmacy in Italy, but I'm hearing they're closing down many of their test sites. I guess plan 'C' is to order with expedited shipping the EMed Tests and go that route. I'm open to any other suggestions. I'm just looking for one that will be there 2 days before the cruise. It really shouldn't have to be this hard. 😀

2 hours ago, cruisin'a said:

Does anyone have an update on OnPoint?  I have been trying to reach them (email, messenger, and 800#) since Friday.

I think we had better be looking for alternative testing. 

41 minutes ago, HBDave said:

I think we had better be looking for alternative testing. 

I would get the emed tests asap and dispute the OnPoint charges.  With more and more cruise lines and countries dropping proctored testing requirements I wonder how long these companies will be operating.

Beginning to wonder about this outfit, in particular, whether they're even associated with OnPoint which as I recall, is in Washington state.  The url for this proctoring service is different altogether ... a fairly recent GoDaddy vs. the 'real' OnPoint at onpointmedicaltesting.com.

Has anyone ever had a positive result when using them?

23 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Rapidtestandtrace.com will use any test.  So will Azova, truecare24 and some 20 others.  Buying tests from Emed is a little crazy.

We have used Rapidtestandtrace.com. 

Thanks for the additional testing sites. I would have to agree with CHEZMAYLOU, that since countries and cruise lines no longer require a Supervised Covid Test except for Transatlantic and Transpacific cruises, that these businesses will not be able to stay open with the reduced volume. I agree that Abbott BinaxNOW / EMed Test are more expensive, but if they go under, I might have a chance with Celebrity since they provided the recommendation and link. The last thing I want to happen is, be in Rome and unable to test and not be allowed to board the ship.

I made an appointment in London at a pharmacy for the proctored test 2 days prior to Silhouette TA. 

Hopefully, it goes well and I would suggest that if you are away from home you find a testing site in the city you will be staying within the 2 days window prior to your cruise.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Beginning to wonder about this outfit, in particular, whether they're even associated with OnPoint which as I recall, is in Washington state.  The url for this proctoring service is different altogether ... a fairly recent GoDaddy vs. the 'real' OnPoint at onpointmedicaltesting.com.

Has anyone ever had a positive result when using them?

Yes! We used them 3 times and no issues at all