Update in Classic Package

john2003

I hang by the pool bar, dark sunglasses, performing a voluntary safety watch on the pool area.  I always generously tip the pool bar crew and the hamburger/hot dog counter guys. As I approach, they're quick to respond with a cold beverage.  This also works at the Sunset Bar.  Tip generously, excellent service. Safety first.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spudd said:

The website implies that soda is not included in the classic package, is that true?? That seems crazy.

There might be some exceptions (maybe fancy foreign sodas???) however I was on a cruise in June with the classic package and soda was included.

What does it mean when they say at the bottom of the brochure that a “service charge is added to each check”? I haven’t sailed on Celebrity before the pandemic but I do not remember them adding any service charges to drinks that were covered by the beverage package.   

1 hour ago, landlocked12 said:

What does it mean when they say at the bottom of the brochure that a “service charge is added to each check”? I haven’t sailed on Celebrity before the pandemic but I do not remember them adding any service charges to drinks that were covered by the beverage package.   

That service charge is only if you're paying individually for the drink, not if you have any beverage package. If you have a beverage package, you won't get a "check" when you order a drink.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks, I had seen this but it just added to my confusion.  First because it references a large selection of wines within the Classic package but virtually none showed on the bar menus I accessed. Secondly, because there is this disconnect between the $9 and the Australian requirements.

I feel good about the situation now so will see how it goes onboard. 

There is another version of the PDF which is created in 2021 (the one linked above is from 2019):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf

It has some smaller changes to the 2019 PDF. And there is also a list on the website itself, didn't compare it: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

Regarding the $9 wines: depending on the location, they have different options. So in total, it is quite a selection of wines - not served at all places, but spread through them.

Does anyone have a menu with prices for the Mast Bar or Pool Bar, please?

I am looking to see if French Caribbean, Miami Vice or the Mango version of Miami Vice and such fru fru drinks would be covered under a Classic Package or would an upgrade to Premium be required.

What is the current upgrade cost from Classic to Premium with Elite Discount?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Does anyone have a menu with prices for the Mast Bar or Pool Bar, please?

You can pick a sailing (either a random current one or one you're booked on) in the X app and look at all the bar menus with prices there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

When upgraded to Premium I got a quote of $9 plus tip ...I believe it came to $10.80 per day ...

How recently?  That is what it used to cost with the loyalty discount but prices went up in the last couple months.

Of all the drink packages offered Celebrity's is my favorite.  This is simply because it includes Cafe al Bacio.  I no longer sail on Celebrity unless it is included, and now it is!  I have never felt the need to upgrade, but my taste is simple.  Wine at dinner, maybe one cocktail during the day, and always some cappuccino.  

2 hours ago, tiercel said:

Of all the drink packages offered Celebrity's is my favorite.  This is simply because it includes Cafe al Bacio.  I no longer sail on Celebrity unless it is included, and now it is!  I have never felt the need to upgrade, but my taste is simple.  Wine at dinner, maybe one cocktail during the day, and always some cappuccino.  

I think paying per drink might be more cost effective than getting a package based on what you stated here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers to the questions I asked earlier.

We called Captain's Club and they quoted $14 pp pd to upgrade from Classic to Premium Bev, with Elite discount (?).

Blue Chip quoted the same for DH.

I believe I will be happy with what I have and not upgrade to Premium.

I did however upgrade the internet.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for the answers to the questions I asked earlier.

We called Captain's Club and they quoted $14 pp pd to upgrade from Classic to Premium Bev, with Elite discount (?).

Blue Chip quoted the same for DH.

I believe I will be happy with what I have and not upgrade to Premium.

I did however upgrade the internet.

We always stick with the CBP. Works for us. You can always upgrade to the PBP once onboard. 🍷

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tiercel said:

There are other drink packages that include the ship's equivalent of Al Bacio. Princess, for example. And I believe Royal Caribbean, though I've never had that one.  There was one package that we had some years ago that didn't include coffee drinks- I think it might have been NCL but not sure.

As another poster said, it doesn't seem like you really need the alcohol package with your drinking habits. And remember, it's only "included" when you pay a higher fare...

I generally don't drink alcohol these days, but when I do, it's a simple rum and coke.

I see under Classic package that Bacardi is listed as an applicable brand.

I should expect a Bacardi and Coke to fall within the $9 limit?