When are rooms ready on HAL

grouchomarx

One thing people who only sail HAL may not realize is that on many other cruise lines your room may not be ready until 2pm and they kick you out by 8am on the last day.   

of course with HAL your rooms are ready on arrival and you can stay in your room till you are ready to leave on the last day.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

This week we boarded the Nieuw Statendam in Quebec City at 11:30 and cabins were ready at noon. So a few minutes wait but not long. 

Even when there is a short delay passengers are allowed to drop off their carry ons. You are right there is rarely more than a few minutes delay. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

One thing people who only sail HAL may not realize is that on many other cruise lines your room may not be ready until 2pm and they kick you out by 8am on the last day.   

Agree and experienced the difference.....

we naively cruised Princess (one and done) and we boarded and went directly to our room.....hallway doors closed, paper signs above the hallway saying rooms not ready....... ....LOL.  we found our way to our room to drop off our carry on and quickly departed.....After struggling with the #$#@#$$ Princess medallion and then not able to access our room, day 1 it was already enough of an experience to realize we were not at home.  LOL.   We are "never leaving the reservation" again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Agree and experienced the difference.....

we naively cruised Princess (one and done) and we boarded and went directly to our room.....hallway doors closed, paper signs above the hallway saying rooms not ready....... ....LOL.  we found our way to our room to drop off our carry on and quickly departed.....After struggling with the #$#@#$$ Princess medallion and then not able to access our room, day 1 it was already enough of an experience to realize we were not at home.  LOL.   We are "never leaving the reservation" again.

We had a similar occurrence on Royal.  My sister kept telling me to pack my swimsuit. Only once onboard did I realize I wasn’t getting into the cabin for hours.  As they swam I dangled my feet in the water 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

We had a similar occurrence on Royal.  My sister kept telling me to pack my swimsuit. Only once onboard did I realize I wasn’t getting into the cabin for hours.  As they swam I dangled my feet in the water 

I am taking my first Royal Caribbean Cruise next month on the Wonder of the Seas.   They are selling something called "The Key" where i get to drop off my carry on bag in the MDR and they would take it to my room.   

I was a little puzzled - why would I want to go past my room, to drop off my bag?  They explained that my room wouldn't be ready until 2PM (By design) so unless I wanted to walk around the ship with my carry on for a couple hours I could take advantage of this "perk" at an extra charge of course.  

Nevertheless, looking forward to my first RCI cruise on the new Mega Ship....

We are sailing on NS the 5th of November.  I called HAL to find out when I could print Boarding Pass and they said it would be available when our boarding time is provided.  So when will we get the boarding time friends?  Only 3ish weeks away!  😎  Thanks!

Mimi, VA

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

They explained that my room wouldn't be ready until 2PM (By design) so unless I wanted to walk around the ship with my carry on for a couple hours I could take advantage of this "perk" at an extra charge of course.  

Awesome.   That's turning lemonade into lemons...LOL....We don't let you go in the room until after 2pm so we can make $$$ off holding your carry on.  Gotta love it!  LOL. (Let's hope the Carnival Corp MBA folks do not get wind of this) LOL.