Good morning Carins

Hogbay

Hello, Hello Hello for yo all puttn up for another rainy day .. Beautiful and sunny in Carins today, after a early morning shower to wash the streets of that smell , if you know you know . Off to palm Cove on pension fair 😃

20221013_105733.thumb.jpg.111a175e16ca0c168e5a92df674026c3.jpg

• Like 2

I will be very interested in hearing your days activities as we will be in Cairns on a cruise later next year. The ship will be overnighting there and as we have done Kuranda Village area previously, I am looking for other ideas. Your comments will be welcomed.

Hopefully the weather is kind. 

34 minutes ago, kent05 said:

I will be very interested in hearing your days activities as we will be in Cairns on a cruise later next year. The ship will be overnighting there and as we have done Kuranda Village area previously, I am looking for other ideas. Your comments will be welcomed.

Hopefully the weather is kind. 

Ok always  follow  the young backpackers. 20221013_154203.thumb.jpg.83e8ab0baccc437feda5ea4a27e64352.jpg20221013_153452.thumb.jpg.2c68e497c7643749bab1d85fb1b4ac4c.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Ok always  follow  the young backpackers. 20221013_154203.thumb.jpg.83e8ab0baccc437feda5ea4a27e64352.jpg20221013_153452.thumb.jpg.2c68e497c7643749bab1d85fb1b4ac4c.jpg

Daintree

Port Douglas

Northern Beaches - Palm Cove

Tropical Botanical Gardens. 

Have fish and chips at a cairns restaurant (I had three on an overnight)

Walk along the Esplanade  Look at birds on the mud flats on low tide.  Watch swimmers in big waterfront pool. 

• Like 1

Brilliant suggestions thank you, those ideas sound like a brilliant plan and very much the type of touring we like to do. From your photos, the ship looks to be in close proximity to the City limits. 

Thanking you.

9 minutes ago, kent05 said:

Brilliant suggestions thank you, those ideas sound like a brilliant plan and very much the type of touring we like to do. From your photos, the ship looks to be in close proximity to the City limits. 

Thanking you.

Cruise ships dock Wharf Street Cairns in centre of Cairns, walking distance to restaurants, CBD and the Esplanade.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:59 AM, MMDown Under said:

If anyone wants to enjoy a good fish meal, I went to three fish shops on my overnight stay. 

There not much local seafood anymore.

There used to be 2,000 trawlers registered in Cairns and Port Douglas.

The trawlers registered there now are just tourist traps selling farmed , or foreign seafood.

There’s a trawler usually tied up in Port Douglas selling `seafood strait off the trawler’.

Its farmed prawns,farmed fish, mussels from N.Z. and oyster. There’s no oysters in the tropics, they would come from down south somewhere.

Edited by Chiliburn