How do you buy Carnival stock?

CheckersMidwest

We bought our 100 shares through the financial advisor we 'get' by being Private Clients at Chase bank. We purchased CCL at about the highest (end of 2019). We had at the time six HAL and Princess cruises booked, several long enough to get $250 in Stockholder Benefit.... Of course we didn't get to go on any of them and our loss stands at ($4000), where the parentheses indicate a negative value.

On the bright side, we're booked on a B2B over the New Year and I just e-mailed my petition for the Benefit! It feels like we're back in the saddle!

That said, a few shares gets you no benefits. Find a reliable advisor to help you pick stocks (or bonds?) that will represent an investment for each grown child. Maybe something that reflects personal interests?

If you are buying it as an investment for your children, you might want to look at other stock.  There are many that are better right now. It's going to be a long time before there are dividends again, if that even happens. Now, if you are buying it for onboard credit and they cruise often, then each would need 100 shares to get that. That's really the only benefit right now. Will that continue?  Who knows. There are so many variables at play, including whether the company has to file for reorganization.

For personal purchases I use Ameritrade.  It's simple and has no transaction fees.  I've never tried to purchase for someone else, so I would talk to an advisor for that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ray98 said:

No offense....if you are asking that question it would be wise to speak with a financial advisor before diving into a company with financials as poor as Carnival so they can explain the risk factors.

I get what you're saying, but if they're only buying 100 shares they're only risking ~$700 or so. Less than the price of a cruise for 2.  I don't know how much it would cost for a financial consultation, but you know what they'll tell you: As an investment, it's rather risky and there are better places to put your money. Is it worth a maybe $100 (??? I really have no idea) consultation on a $700 roll of the dice?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, deadmoney said:

I had a buy set for $7

It got down to $7.01 today😡

I'll try again Monday

have mine at $5.00 It was down to as low as $6.23 I think. My orignal limit was at $7.50 and I kept lowering it .50 as it dropped. I ended up going to $5.00 but it never did go under $6.00. Still have it at $5.00 so don't know if I will just let it sit or raise it up a little.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, ray98 said:

No offense....if you are asking that question it would be wise to speak with a financial advisor before diving into a company with financials as poor as Carnival so they can explain the risk factors.

The stock is a gamble but there a lot of gamblers on this site.  Right now, you can get 100 shares for $700 that is not a big gamble I spent $3000 on that many ten years ago.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo