Drink Package Price

rhino7176

We have been waiting to buy our ultimate drink package for awhile.  It has sat at 20% off for a 4 night cruise, which is $68 per person.  We are about a week and a half away from boarding.  Any chances this goes down, or should I purchase now?

I chuckle at people who are complaining about the Drink Packages being so high.... You have options...you don't need to buy it!  Seems to me its the small % of moderate/heavy drinkers who are who are complaining even though they have 7-10 drinks daily! I buy it out of convenience and knowing what my costs are up front. Do I lose out a little?? Perhaps on Port intensive itineraries....but its my choice  just like its your choice to buy drinks individually!

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rhino7176 said:

We have been waiting to buy our ultimate drink package for awhile.  It has sat at 20% off for a 4 night cruise, which is $68 per person.  We are about a week and a half away from boarding.  Any chances this goes down, or should I purchase now?

I'm surprised it's that low.  

Do consider that $68 is really $80.24 once you add on the mandatory 18% gratuity.  

With current onboard cocktail prices at $14, you only need to drink 5 a day to make $68 for the DBP a better value.  Of you are like me and drink mixed drinks, choose the top-shelf liquor, you're looking at around $12/drink, so 6 a day at this price.  And that doesn't count any soft drinks, bottled water, fresh juice, etc.  If those numbers meet your expected beverage consumption, then $68 is a good price.  

On 10/16/2022 at 9:02 AM, rudeney said:

With current onboard cocktail prices at $14, you only need to drink 5 a day to make $68 for the DBP a better value.  Of you are like me and drink mixed drinks, choose the top-shelf liquor, you're looking at around $12/drink, so 6 a day at this price.  And that doesn't count any soft drinks, bottled water, fresh juice, etc.  If those numbers meet your expected beverage consumption, then $68 is a good price.  

And if you do drink a lot of sodas, bottled waters, fresh juices and fancy coffees subtract the cost of the refreshment package and re-figure the number of alcoholic drinks to see if it is a good price. If you are 1-2 drinks a day it probably isn't worth it but for many it is a good deal for their vacation and no worries about the bill at the end.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, exercisemama said:

Right now for our voyager cruise the price is $70 and buy one get 1/2 price. So I’m thinking $55 each which sounds cheap but by the time they added in the tip and all the charges it still came out to $1100.

I think $70 is the per-each price after the BOGO50.  

• Like 2

Based on checking Cruise Planner each...and...every...day from when we booked in March until our cruise on Voyager Oct. 2nd, $65 is as low as it went, so $70 is mot too bad, especially since they just recently raised most all onboard drink prices by $1 each.   

2 hours ago, Phils01 said:

There’s a current deal going around for us UK People and I managed to my drinks package for £43.18 pppn on my 11 night - that’s only about 3.5 cocktails a day to break even - happy days 😁😁

Similar for Australia.

$95aud (approx $60USD) inclusive of gratuities, with cocktails currently at $15USD (inclusive of gratuity), 4 drinks and you’re in front.