OBC for Aussie vets?

Has anyone here in Oz received benefits? A couple of days ago I registered as a veteran with HAL and was approved but unsure what to do next. I have one cruise already booked for Jan 2023 and hope to be booking another for Jun 3023.

12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Has anyone here in Oz received benefits? A couple of days ago I registered as a veteran with HAL and was approved but unsure what to do next. I have one cruise already booked for Jan 2023 and hope to be booking another for Jun 3023.

Your June 3023 roll call should be a long one.

P&O Australia and Princess have OBC for vets, Carnival no longer has it, and I can't vouch for the others.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

If their anything like Princes & P&O Aust, then OBC will pop up in your personaliser for your cruises.

The amount depends on the length of cruise. The above give $50 for up to 6 days, $100 7 to 13 days, and $250 for 14 days plus.

(Hope I got that right)

Regards

6 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

No, veterans. In appreciation of their service.

Serving and retired defence force, from USA, Canada Australia, NZ and UK. I got $100 on Coral a few weeks ago, got it for years on Princess.

I am not sure HAL gives the obc to Aussies, cannot remember if I got it on Noordam in 2019. Perhaps it is a new policy.

Edited by NSWP

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Serving and retired defence force, from USA, Canada Australia, NZ and UK. I got $100 on Coral a few weeks ago, got it for years on Princess.

I am not sure HAL gives the obc to Aussies, cannot remember if I got it on Noordam in 2019. Perhaps it is a new policy.

Someone should write to HAL if they don't give it to Aussies.  

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Someone should write to HAL if they don't give it to Aussies.  

Just checked HAL website no indication they give military obc to anyone.  Carnival Australia just cut theirs. I won't be writing to HAL, they are too expensive and on board spend is USD, no value for us.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just checked HAL website no indication they give military obc to anyone.  Carnival Australia just cut theirs. I won't be writing to HAL, they are too expensive and on board spend is USD, no value for us.

Do they give it to Americans or any other country residents?

Why did Carnival cut theirs?  I don't recall it was a large amount.  

46 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Do they give it to Americans or any other country residents?

Why did Carnival cut theirs?  I don't recall it was a large amount.  

Not to Americans or any other country. As for Carnival, why did they cut theirs, ask the bean counters. Not large amounts, $100 for cruises of 7 to 13 days and $250 for longer ones. I can see Princess cutting it one day if the bean counters have a say in it, like the choccies at turn down and the Elite complimentary internet.

Why would you cruise with HAL anyway, on board spending for drinks, tours, speshul restaurants etc is over the top with the Aussie dollar so low, what is it 62 US cents to the Aussie Oxford Scholar? 

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

They do.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/military-healthcare-firstresponder-appreciation/cruise-deals.html

7 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Why?

How about nurses, fire fighters, cops....

Why not teachers?

Some of the cruise lines, HAL, Princess and probably a few others give the above discounts too, but not in Australia, the North Americans only.

It is the old American saying...'Thank you for your service.'  The Americans and Canadians look after their military, retired military and front line emergency service workers much better than they do here, I can assure you.

Edited by NSWP

29 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Some of the cruise lines, HAL, Princess and probably a few others give the above discounts too, but not in Australia, the North Americans only.

It is the old American saying...'Thank you for your service.'  The Americans and Canadians look after their military, retired military and front line emergency service workers much better than they do here, I can assure you.

I think service discounts should be for everyone not just Americans.  When I've taken visiting Americans to our Anzac Day Parade, they are always moved and say "we don't have anything like this at home".

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

They give discounts but not on going obc.

I thought this bit covered it unless I have read it wrong.

"Onboard Credit offer is based on Promo(s) ZH*. Limit: One (1) onboard spending money credit (“Offer”) per stateroom. Offer is only applicable for eligible first responders, healthcare workers, and active, retired and veteran military service members. Offer is valued at US$100 per stateroom. "

45 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

"Onboard Credit offer is based on Promo(s) ZH*. Limit: One (1) onboard spending money credit (“Offer”) per stateroom. Offer is only applicable for eligible first responders, healthcare workers, and active, retired and veteran military service members. Offer is valued at US$100 per stateroom. "

Includes first responders and healthcare works as well as military.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I think that means it is a promo offer, like now and again, not ongoing for every booking.

• Thanks 1