Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

Delayed boarding, due to the added bio screening required. No luggage off the ship till 8am, and the last of the passengers are disembarking now.

We will be boarding soon, but it is by boarding slot only +1 hr

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Delayed boarding, due to the added bio screening required. No luggage off the ship till 8am, and the last of the passengers are disembarking now.

What a bugger, what time is your slot?

Will wave as you sail by this arvo....or tonight😀

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Oh no. I can only imagine the big crowds at the OPT, inside and outside,would be chaos, with everyone piling up. Probably 3500 pax there by now, well 3000 anyway.

Good luck Geoff and others embarking today.

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Does the ship come close to the Coast where you live?  Is it the biggest ship here at present?

Yes, sometimes I have sat at the Lighthouse at Tacking Point and watched the ships pass......sometimes I have been on them sailing past.

Geoff is on Majestic Princess, I am not keeping track of all the ships coming and going, but I think yes it would be the biggest ATM until Royal come with Ovation/ Quantam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Yes, sometimes I have sat at the Lighthouse at Tacking Point and watched the ships pass......sometimes I have been on them sailing past.

Geoff is on Majestic Princess, I am not keeping track of all the ships coming and going, but I think yes it would be the biggest ATM until Royal come with Ovation/ Quantam.

Are ships close or in the distance and you know them by shape.  Ships come close at Caloundra. 

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Are ships close or in the distance and you know them by shape.  Ships come close at Caloundra. 

I can pick most ships colours on the horizon. When onboard I can make out the towns, lighthouses and hills of our area on the North Coast.

8 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I can pick most ships colours on the horizon. When onboard I can make out the towns, lighthouses and hills of our area on the North Coast.

When I was on board Ocean Princess from Singapore to Sydney, I could pick out a lot of the coastline.  I was surprised a larger ship was even closer to the coastline than we were.  

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

We boarded at around 1.30pm. Arrival A.Green 12.00 noon. A lot of very unhappy travellers, but what can you do….nothing unfortunately, but some people are very rude. Thank goodness it wasn’t raining.  Whilst in the Q our app changed to Blue and I thought we could have a problem, but so did a lot of others thankfully. Waiting for luggage, which cabin guy told us could be a while. Just have to go with the flow. Nice lunch, and I didn’t have to do it for once, so all is going great.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

We boarded at around 1.30pm. Arrival A.Green 12.00 noon. A lot of very unhappy travellers, but what can you do….nothing unfortunately, but some people are very rude. Thank goodness it wasn’t raining.  Whilst in the Q our app changed to Blue and I thought we could have a problem, but so did a lot of others thankfully. Waiting for luggage, which cabin guy told us could be a while. Just have to go with the flow. Nice lunch, and I didn’t have to do it for once, so all is going great.

Glad you are on Cheryle, hope Geoff and Barb are tucked up in their cabin too😁

Ahhh, not having to make lunch, can only dream

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We made it to the dining room before it closed, one of a handful of couples. 

Similar to Cheryle, we boarded about 1:30pm.

They have changed the sequence of check-in. Medallion collection first. Apart from your boarding pass, make a note of your cabin number, as it is the easiest way for them to find your medallion.

We have done our muster/safety video, lunch, a couple of drinks, and are chilling for a bit till we head out for some pre-dinner drinks.

Departure, I have heard, is 6:45. Much better than Splendor's first departure, as the queue only went halfway to the ferry wharves. 😉 Once in the terminal, we were on in 10 mins, even though the check-in lady managed to turn me to yellow lane. I showed her what needed fixing, and boarded smoothly.

Happy to have near to front of queue with boarding A and green lane, but they really need to find a way to accommodate those without smartphones. Personally, I think that A be used for suites & elites; B be for club class & Platinum. Unfair that non-tech elites with boarding H be made to wait till that boarding time.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Cabin guy just told us luggage could be a while as there is still over 1000 to board. Must be sort of true as we have friends who were supposed to board at 2 and are in a queue.

Obviously no changing for dinner tonight!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We made it to the dining room before it closed, one of a handful of couples. 

Similar to Cheryle, we boarded about 1:30pm.

They have changed the sequence of check-in. Medallion collection first. Apart from your boarding pass, make a note of your cabin number, as it is the easiest way for them to find your medallion.

We have done our muster/safety video, lunch, a couple of drinks, and are chilling for a bit till we head out for some pre-dinner drinks.

Departure, I have heard, is 6:45. Much better than Splendor's first departure, as the queue only went halfway to the ferry wharves. 😉 Once in the terminal, we were on in 10 mins, even though the check-in lady managed to turn me to yellow lane. I showed her what needed fixing, and boarded smoothly.

Happy to have near to front of queue with boarding A and green lane, but they really need to find a way to accommodate those without smartphones. Personally, I think that A be used for suites & elites; B be for club class & Platinum. Unfair that non-tech elites with boarding H be made to wait till that boarding time.

Totally agree, we are on Majestic again 20/11 and I sure hope it is not the same as it is only a short cruise. We know some people who didn’t have any Medallion check in and goodness knows how long they were going to have to wait!

Anyway drink now, sitting on the balcony, looking at the Opera House and thinking all is good!

14 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Anyway drink now, sitting on the balcony, looking at the Opera House and thinking all is good!

Oh so very envious.....but so so happy for you guys🥰

Funny how things bring back memories of cruising.....was in chemist warehouse this morning and the smell of all the perfumes made me think of cruising, and now watching the webcams waiting for you to leave with the views of the harbour brings tears to my eyes.

So happy cruising is back, even if not how we remember it, but so happy that you are all out there enjoying.

• Like 4