Favorite Oasis Class ship and why?

Joekarluv

All the same really. Harmony is probably my least favorite without pool in solarium. Yes I know symphony doesn’t either but it didn’t bother me as much. I love Allure without the water slides and big purple slide in back. I don’t care for old style cabins on oasis and Allure though. Been on all multiple times. Wonder is ok too. Don’t like just one flowrider though. Don’t care for aqua show or any of the shows on wonder. Oh lord but what about Cats on oasis. That was the best nap I have had. Ports are all the same. 

Edited by renza
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, renza said:

All the same really. Harmony is probably my least favorite without pool in solarium. Yes I know symphony doesn’t either but it didn’t bother me as much. I love Allure without the water slides and big purple slide in back. I don’t care for old style cabins on oasis and Allure though. Been on all multiple times. Wonder is ok too. Don’t like just one flowrider though. Don’t care for aqua show or any of the shows on wonder. Oh lord but what about Cats on oasis. That was the best nap I have had. Ports are all the same. 

Wait, symphony doesn't have a pool in the solarium? I thought it did. 

2 hours ago, renza said:

Symphony has a pool in the Solarium. Personally I wouldn’t cruise on Allure again until if/when she is amped. 

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Symphony has a pool in the Solarium. Personally I wouldn’t cruise on Allure again until if/when she is amped. 

Symphony is the size of a hot tub. It’s not like allure at all. You are one of the only people who want her amped. No one wants water slides and the ultimate abyss. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, renza said:

Symphony is the size of a hot tub. It’s not like allure at all. You are one of the only people who want her amped. No one wants water slides and the ultimate abyss. 

interesting, no one wants water slides and the ultimate abyss, yet every time I cruise on an Oasis class ship there are always lines for these slides. I can respect your view that you like Allure the way it is, but don’t make the assumption everyone feels the same way you do. 

On a related note I assume you don’t like Icon of the Seas, since everything I have seen and read today makes it look like a large amusement park, which definitely appeals to me. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Joekarluv said:

We love cruising and finally booking an Oasis class ship for 2023.  What's your favorite one and why? Itinerary or port doesn't matter

Port doesn't matter hmm, but departure port does matter to us, and Oasis is now summering out of NJ making it a 2 hr drive to be onboard! So we're partial to Oasis for this very reason. I liked the Ice show w/ special effects on Symphony, and I liked the theater show on Harmony more. Haven't been on Allure or Wonder yet.  But, Oasis checks all the boxes for us right now. I think it's a fine ship. Oasis, in my own opinion, has the best Aqua show of the three I've been on.

As for the purple slides, we are booked next Summer in a boardwalk balcony, last balcony on the row (closet to aquatheater) and after seeing the purple slides, we realized our end balcony will have obstructed view of the show. Oh well, that doesn't ruin our trip, but changes our expectations.

We've been on Allure a couple times and we really enjoy that ship, but it's true she doesn't have the same amenities as the other Oasis Class ships. Personally, I'm hoping they do amplify her soon as she's moving into my neck of the woods (Texas) and I think having some waterslides etc would be great for all the families that cruise out of Galveston. 

With that, we are sailing on Harmony next month and I'm very excited to try out places like Wonderland etc, and some of the other different amenities. Either way, I can tell you that we prefer Oasis class over others as we enjoy how big and spacious everything feels!

• Like 1

Least favorite - Wonder.  Only 1 Flowrider.  Discouraging to see that the "one Flowrider on the megaships" is a thing now with the Icon reveal.  Was hoping that Wonder was a one-off since it was designed for the Asian market.

Favorite is Allure.  Since we always do UDP, the Samba Grill is a nice change of pace from the normal Chops/Izumi/Whatever Italian place is onboard rotation.  Since the kids are now grown we don't need all the slides.  Just wish it had Playmakers.

So happy that Allure is coming to Galveston.  Nonstop flights from Tucson to Hobby vs connections or driving to Phoenix to get to FLL/MIA.

Edited by mil76
  • Like 2

We've only been on Harmony, so for us that one! lol It was our first Royal cruise in late-Feb/early-March and our experience on board and overall with Royal made us converts to the line from our go-to Carnival.

I liked the ship layout, plenty to do, lots of dining choices, and most of all for me: lots of hot tubs and big ones! 

18 hours ago, Joekarluv said:

We love cruising and finally booking an Oasis class ship for 2023.  What's your favorite one and why? Itinerary or port doesn't matter

No real fav, we have done the Allure twice and Oasis once and loved them both.  Except for the shows they are pretty close to the same.  We loved the Prohibition Party (can't recall the ship) but it was only on the ship with Chicago as the main stage show.  We are on the Wonder for Thanksgiving.  Our first was on Oasis as a "family obligation" trip.  DW and I were all set to not like the mega ship.  Second day out we are planning when we can come back with our side of the family.  

• Like 1

Been on Allure 2xs and just got back from Symphony. I liked Allure better for the solarium pool. While SOS has a pool, it's small and it was always over crowded.  Even has some "twerking" going on and security got called in. That was quite the entertainment for the afternoon.

24 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Us too, as much as we don't really like Galveston as a departure port we would to sail on Allure with only a four hour drive from our Texas home.  

Allure will only be there for a year , then will be replaced by newer Harmony, got a good rate for grand suite for next November. 

4 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

We've only been on Harmony, so for us that one! lol It was our first Royal cruise in late-Feb/early-March and our experience on board and overall with Royal made us converts to the line from our go-to Carnival.

I liked the ship layout, plenty to do, lots of dining choices, and most of all for me: lots of hot tubs and big ones! 

Taking our 1st cruise with Royal on Harmony of the seas. Can you tell me more about it? We are getting a Central Park Balcony 11th deck, mid ship.

Thank you in advance for anything we should not miss. Again, thank you.

I have sailed Harmony, Symphony, and Oasis.  I am booked on a future Wonder cruise.  My preferred is Symphony but Oasis is closer to me certain times of the year (NJ).  If I had to choose between Symphony and Oasis, I would choose Oasis because of the short (45 minutes) and cheaper flights.  But my heart is with Symphony.

• Like 2

Symphony, for sure.  Our first Oasis Class Ship was Oasis.  But, and I can't justify it, Symphony was something special.  I just really had fun and enjoyed everything about the Symphony.  We stayed in the 4 BDRM, Family Villa Suite.  However, we stayed in the 2BDRM Aqua Theater Suite on the Allure and I love the Aqua Theater Suit more than any other Cabin/Suite I've ever stayed in.  But, judging a ship as a whole, Symphony was the best for me/us, hands down.  

• Like 2