Live from the Voyager

fudge

Day 7

Kusadasi, Turkey

In my introduction I mentioned that we live on a Mediterranean island called Cyprus, a quick history lesson here. In 1974 there was a conflict between the Greek Cypriots and the Turkish Cypriots, the end result was that the Island became divided across the middle, it is now more or less a border crossing controlled by the UN.

Both sides can move freely however, you go through a passport control.

We live on the North side where the language is Turkish, I mention this because now we have docked in Turkey the language is familiar to us, we are only 30-minute plane ride from Turkey.

So, here we are after six days and thoroughly enjoying our second Regent cruise. Of all the cruise lines we have sailed on Regent are becoming our firm favourites.

Last evening, we ate for the first time in the Sette Mari the Italian restaurant, I have to say of all the meals we have eaten on board this was well up there as one of the best. I had the seafood stew which doesn’t sound exciting however, it was simply delicious, it was described as a spicy dish but I had it extra spicy, boy it was hot!

We had good laugh with the crew, they were all happy and smiling.

Internet: I know this is a hot topic on all cruise lines, because its included-on Regent fares I cannot really complain however, it is very slow indeed no matter what time you use it! Unfortunately, it has progressively got worse each day we are on board, Regent needs to look at this and get it sorted.

Yesterday when most of the guests left the ship it was still painfully slow, even though I don’t download or stream, that’s not quite right, on Saturday I do like to stream my soccer/football team, I did try but it would not work, oh well we won anyway I can manage while being away.

Today there was a mandatory crew drill, it did not affect the guests in any way, we went onshore, Mrs Fudge bought a pair of sparkly shoes for our cocktail reception this evening, for 25 Euros Mr Fudge got off lightly there.

When we returned to the ship almost all the crew were lined up on the dock wearing their lifejackets, never seen so many crew in one spot! We sat in the sunshine for a while until we could get back on board.

We had a light lunch in La veranda, off to the pool deck for relaxation and sun, where does all this enjoyment end?

Still very hot, not a cloud in the sky, we just finished the “toss the ring” competition, I just can’t help myself, nine attendees this time good turnout, so it’s back to the sunbed on our balcony until the trivia quiz at 4.30 pm.

Today we set sail for the City of Istanbul at 4pm, our favourite city, we spend an overnight there. A long 22-hour cruise but according to the captain a smooth crossing.

Did you know, there are people on board that have over 2000 days on Regent, amazing!

Tonight’s entertainment, the Voyager production company in the Hollywood Musical, a tribute to the greatest moments of the Hollywood Movie musical, the can can of the Moulin Rouge.

Earlier today Jeana Rodgers gave a lecture on Iconic Istanbul.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2022 at 8:32 AM, fudge said:

The tour is well worth it. The bus to the lake goes through spectacular scenery, in addition we had a really good tour guide.

Once at the lake the taverna was lovely, you sit at a table for eight and within minutes the meze is served, a plate between two people we didnt finish it, all washed down with either wine Red or White wine or the local Ouzo, you are there about 50 minutes right on the lake. Then onto the underground lake which was only 5 minutes drive away.

By all means look at other tours but we enjoyed it, we actually said we would have paid for the excursion.

Thanks!  It sounded like a good excursion but you know...often they sound good "on paper."  Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!  Sounds like we will also.  😎

15 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks!  It sounded like a good excursion but you know...often they sound good "on paper."  Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!  Sounds like we will also.  😎

Day 8

Istanbul, Turkey

Indulge your eyes and senses in this magnificent city astride two continents. Visit beautiful Topkapi palace, the awesome Hagia Sophia and the impressive blue mosque.

Cruise the Bosphorus, to see the city and its surroundings, and visit the famous grand bazaar.

We have a trip today, Panoramic Istanbul, looking forward to that later.

As I write we are still sailing towards Istanbul, we do not dock until 1pm another very long crossing but thankfully a smooth one.

Last evening, we joined another couple for an Indian buffet in the Compass Rose, Regent stepped up to the plate, it was simply an outstanding meal, we had a beef curry, a vegetable spicy dish, chick peas, chicken tika masala, curried prawns, rice and an Indian dessert.

It was so good we asked to meet the chef to thank him for a lovely evening.

The trivia quiz is at 09.30 today, hope the brain wakes up, we came third yesterday it was a tough test again, still, two points in the kitty, building up a good head of steam now in the points tally.

We are overnight in Istanbul so plenty of time to relax and explore this wonderful city.

Guests on board: I’m surprised how many guests are new to cruising, by that I mean there are quite a few on board this is their first cruise, there were over two hundred at the society cocktail reception, it was well hosted and quite enjoyable.

I cannot believe we have not had one single breakfast while on board! Mrs Fudge loves her eggs benedict for sure, instead we have opted for coffee in our suite with pastries or the coffee connection venue, the coffee there is always hot as we like it and tasty.

We came second today in the quiz, we have a great guy on our team who is very knowledgeable on a range of subjects, I on the other hand only chip in with three or four which is poor, oh well, we can’t all be super brainy.

On this cruise we have no on-board credit which is unusual, we normally squeeze some out of our TA, not this time much to the disgust of Mrs Fudge!

This did not stop her “just having a look” in the boutique, I have heard that phrase before, and sure enough out she came with a pair of lovely costume earrings for about 17 dollars, I can’t ever remember seeing anything in any boutique for that price?

For those seasoned sailors on cruise critic, it never fails to amaze me how anyone can sail over thirty days on a cruise ship? We love cruising but I guess you have to be very disciplined in the way you eat and drink, I must have put 4 or 5 lbs on already after eight days.

I would be interested to hear if anyone reading this blog of their experience of say a 50 day cruise or over? What ship you sailed on, which suite, how did you cope with all the food and drink, what was your overall experience, would you do it again? Thanks for any replies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fudge said:

I would be interested to hear if anyone reading this blog of their experience of say a 50 day cruise or over? What ship you sailed on, which suite, how did you cope with all the food and drink, what was your overall experience, would you do it again? Thanks for any replies.

We've done 44 and 40 nights on Regent.  On the 44 night cruise I gained about 11 pounds.   I "paced" myself.  But Regent portions are not "crazy," but reasonable.  We walked a lot.  I think the Regent ingredients are top notch, not a lot of sodium, etc.  I also didn't indulge everyday at breakfast or lunch, and even dinners were reasonably portioned with a lot of seafood. 

As for ship and suite... we did 44 nights in a Penthouse on Mariner (well worth the upgrade) and 40 in a deluxe suite on Navigator.  Loved every minute of both cruises. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We've done 44 and 40 nights on Regent.  On the 44 night cruise I gained about 11 pounds.   I "paced" myself.  But Regent portions are not "crazy," but reasonable.  We walked a lot.  I think the Regent ingredients are top notch, not a lot of sodium, etc.  I also didn't indulge everyday at breakfast or lunch, and even dinners were reasonably portioned with a lot of seafood. 

As for ship and suite... we did 44 nights in a Penthouse on Mariner (well worth the upgrade) and 40 in a deluxe suite on Navigator.  Loved every minute of both cruises. 

Thank you for sharing that. A couple of years ago we met a guy who had completed a world cruise, he had three changes of wardrobe, he couldn't literally fit into his suits! The longest cruise we have had was 18 days down the Amazon, on the 16 th night I had to leave the restaurant to change my trousers I was bursting out of them!

• Haha 3

Though we've not done 40 nights or more, we have done several longer cruises and I'd agree with  @papaflamingo that Regent portions are not crazy huge (except for Sette Mari, perhaps 🙂 )  What I find hard to resist are the regular breakfasts, "proper" lunches and the other in between bits (canapes, cookies etc) that I would probably not include in my everyday routine.  The other easily disregarded challenge is the alcohol.  We are not heavy drinkers by any means, but a glass of something with lunch, maybe an Aperol Spritz at Trivia, an aperitif with canapes, pre dinner G&T, (possibly free-flowing) wine with dinner and a nightcap all add up!!

But it's all so enjoyable...and so long in the anticipation and even a longer cruise is over so quickly!  🤭

• Like 6

We haven't done 'lots' of cruises (5 sea and 2 river) and our longest was 14 nights but by the end of that I was getting a bit jaded with the eating and drinking Gilly was describing above. We have a 20 night Regent cruise next year so I need to get in training 😂😂

We have done 3 Med cruises on Seabourn and on these my hubby has flown his mountain bike over and done 40km or so in the hills and I have tried to do a good 10km walk into the hills in the morning then we meet for our champagne lunch, then go and visit the local town. Both activities certainly help to keep the weight down particularly when you get lost going to Ravello and end up on the wrong side and have to go down and back up again 😜😜

Photos of what we referred to as the third passenger preparing to travel and enjoying her cruise.

EB33BCA9-D279-45ED-9EB8-4D34FF3F9F7E.jpeg

5D1421B5-EF61-4EDF-8696-AAB65D5DBE88.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fudge said:

Thank you for sharing that. A couple of years ago we met a guy who had completed a world cruise, he had three changes of wardrobe, he couldn't literally fit into his suits! The longest cruise we have had was 18 days down the Amazon, on the 16 th night I had to leave the restaurant to change my trousers I was bursting out of them!

Yeah...you have to pace yourself.  I try to lose weight before the cruise, then I can "grow" back into my clothes. 🤣

• Like 1

We have done a world cruise and are going again this January. You can always order half portions of most things, no alcohol with lunch (although I always have a glass of wine the day we board at the Pool Grill), walk the track, a bigger breakfast every once in awhile, then maybe no lunch, usually no canapés before dinner (we will have a butler). Those salt sticks in Compass Rose are very hard to resist. I am lactose intolerant, so I rarely have dessert, in part because it’s difficult to figure out what I might eat, other than sorbet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks everyone for your most interesting replies, such disciplined people.

13 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks everyone for your most interesting replies, such disciplined people.

Day 9

Still Istanbul

Our first disaster on the cruise.

We prebooked a trip Panoramic Istanbul, we had a relaxing day on board, the trip was scheduled to start at 3pm, back on the ship for 6.30pm.

That’s when it all went pear shaped, what we didn’t know was that tomorrow is National republic day which meant that as from lunch time today everything was closed, this in turn meant that everyone was going home as we started the tour.

The traffic was just chaotic, the city was gridlocked. We were supposed to see the Byzantine hippodrome, outside visit to the blue mosque, an hour in the grand bazaar and Hagia Sophia.

As it happened the traffic was so bad, we spent a good 2hrs 30 on the bus, in the end the bus decided to have a vote and return to the ship, we never saw the blue mosque or a visit to the bazaar, we did spend 15 minutes in the spice market which was manic. The tour guide actually left two of the group stranded because they never came back on time, poor form I thought!

To be fair it was mentioned by Regent that the city could be really busy, we are not blaming Regent at all or the tour guide, it was one of those things that happens.

Tomorrow everywhere is closed so it may be a day on the ship, we have no planned trips.

Because we are at the back of the ship, we have fantastic views of the city which includes the Galata tower, the blue mosque and the bridges over the Bosphorus river. 

In twenty minutes, time our meal should arrive in our suite, what you say, not another curry, yes, it is!

Well, the meal arrived spot on time, the butler Shanker set it out, yet another bottle of Pino Grigio and away we went, super tasty meal without dressing up or getting ready, it really doesn’t get better than this.

This morning we woke to find the sun beating down on our veranda, we finally succumbed to the temptation of a breakfast where Mrs Fudge finally indulged in her eggs benedict, Mr Fudge has a freshly cooked omelette.

When we arrived in the dining room there was a board advertising “bloody Mary Saturday” it would be rude, impolite even not to have one, it was delicious.

After the chaos of out last trip, we met some folks who were due to go straight to another trip, we weren’t surprised to learn they cancelled.

Last evening the entertainment production team must have been given the night off, there was a film in the theatre, there were soft drinks and popcorn on offer, Mr Fudge was ordered to go to the bar for cocktails, I missed the first seven minutes of the film.

This morning at breakfast I wore a tee shirt which says “sometimes I wake up grumpy, sometimes I leave her in bed” some light amusement and a few comments from other guests.

Today we are asked to complete an on-line feedback form, ours will be really positive, we have really enjoyed this cruise, definite converts from SS or Seabourn, thankfully we have another Regent cruise booked for next October Vancouver to Japan, again in a penthouse suite, can’t wait already.

After the mandatory shuffleboard we decided to take a stroll into the city, we left the ship to the city centre, it took at least 10 minutes to get out of the terminal, thankfully it’s a fairly flat walk, on your return you pass through strict security so it takes longer.

A lot of shops and cafes were open but as you can imagine it was very crowded being a public holiday. Back on board for 1.30pm for light lunch in La Veranda, is there ever such a thing as a light lunch???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We have done a 30 day cruise and fortunately came away with little to no weight gain. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, indulged in a canape or 2 if they looked really good and the ocassional dessert. Tried to keep the portions on the smaller side by asking for appetizer size main courses. I don't often drink at lunch only because it tends to make me sleepy. We do have before dinner drinks, wine with dinner and usually an after dinner drink.  Indulge in champagne brunch on Sunday. Now having said all that and add that i do tend to gain weight easily, we walked a LOT. On sea days i walk the track for a couple of miles or ride an encumbent bike if the weather isn't good for at least 30 minutes, almost never take the elevator and tend to take shore excursions that are active.  The key for me is staying very active, my DH doesn't gain weight without really overindulging which he just doesn't do. 

Edited by 1982CruzStart
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, fudge said:

Day 8

Istanbul, Turkey

Indulge your eyes and senses in this magnificent city astride two continents. Visit beautiful Topkapi palace, the awesome Hagia Sophia and the impressive blue mosque.

Cruise the Bosphorus, to see the city and its surroundings, and visit the famous grand bazaar.

We have a trip today, Panoramic Istanbul, looking forward to that later.

As I write we are still sailing towards Istanbul, we do not dock until 1pm another very long crossing but thankfully a smooth one.

Last evening, we joined another couple for an Indian buffet in the Compass Rose, Regent stepped up to the plate, it was simply an outstanding meal, we had a beef curry, a vegetable spicy dish, chick peas, chicken tika masala, curried prawns, rice and an Indian dessert.

It was so good we asked to meet the chef to thank him for a lovely evening.

The trivia quiz is at 09.30 today, hope the brain wakes up, we came third yesterday it was a tough test again, still, two points in the kitty, building up a good head of steam now in the points tally.

We are overnight in Istanbul so plenty of time to relax and explore this wonderful city.

Guests on board: I’m surprised how many guests are new to cruising, by that I mean there are quite a few on board this is their first cruise, there were over two hundred at the society cocktail reception, it was well hosted and quite enjoyable.

I cannot believe we have not had one single breakfast while on board! Mrs Fudge loves her eggs benedict for sure, instead we have opted for coffee in our suite with pastries or the coffee connection venue, the coffee there is always hot as we like it and tasty.

We came second today in the quiz, we have a great guy on our team who is very knowledgeable on a range of subjects, I on the other hand only chip in with three or four which is poor, oh well, we can’t all be super brainy.

On this cruise we have no on-board credit which is unusual, we normally squeeze some out of our TA, not this time much to the disgust of Mrs Fudge!

This did not stop her “just having a look” in the boutique, I have heard that phrase before, and sure enough out she came with a pair of lovely costume earrings for about 17 dollars, I can’t ever remember seeing anything in any boutique for that price?

For those seasoned sailors on cruise critic, it never fails to amaze me how anyone can sail over thirty days on a cruise ship? We love cruising but I guess you have to be very disciplined in the way you eat and drink, I must have put 4 or 5 lbs on already after eight days.

Our longest has been 34 days.  For whatever reason, we don't seem to gain weight on the cruises.  We have our wine each night and a drink or two during the day. Usually have breakfast every morning.  Tried to be active. We don't pile our plates full - perhaps just lucky.

I have loved your travelogue, thanks for sharing.  You seem to have a great attitude as well!

Cyprus seems like such an exotic place to live, especially for us in North America.  I remember back when we were getting the show "Escape to the Continent", when real estate prices tanked in 2008 and after.  Lots of exotic locations then.  

fudge:  

Appears we will be shipmates again in less than a year.  Will also be aboard Explorer at Vancouver for September-October transit to Tokyo.  Then, add-on at Tokyo.  This will be our fourth try for Tokyo.  Previous ones canceled due to COVID.  

Continued safe travels. 

GOARMY!

On 10/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, fudge said:

We have taken a couple of 20-25 day cruises.  Although it would be good if I lost some weight I really don't gain any, DH does.  I will eat scrambled eggs and some muesli/fruit for breakfast, a lunch with no fries etc, and for dinner I will usually indulge (for me) some nicely grilled fish. (this is a luxury for me since I don't have to cook it).  I will get dessert but stop after half of it.  And yes we are more active and will take stairs about 50% of the time.

Day 10

So, this wonderful cruise is almost over, one of the best cruises we have ever been on, the crew are just amazing in every department, as are the senior crew officers.

We set sail at 9pm for Athens, a sea day which is OK we don’t mind that. Completed the on-line feedback form which took about 15 minutes, not too strenuous.

I go on other CC forums, SS and Seabourn, not sure if Regents guests do? I must be really bored or really nosey. Anyway, the guests on Silversea are not happy bunnies at present, there is some real anger on there. We have over 100 days on SS our last cruise was in June this year it was OK, nothing really to complain about however, as I have mentioned before we are fairly low maintenance, we don’t know one Red wine from another so we are always guided by the waiter/ess  or the sommelier, we take whatever comes. 

Another win at the trivia with a slightly different team yesterday, one couple are on a trip so we had two substitutions, another 6 points in the bag, so looking forward to our weeks free cruise. (lol)

We woke early this morning, no breakfast again! We love the coffee connection, as soon as we walk in the guy who makes the coffee starts to make our latté, how predictable are we?

All of a sudden there was a commotion, the crew were really excited, the Regent Explorer was about to pass us en route to Istanbul, we ran outside as did most of the crew to see this beautiful ship pass us, there was plenty of horn blowing from both ships and waving, it brought a tear to my, I told Mrs Fudge that something had blown in my eye.

The crew had made a huge cardboard hand which was waved with enthusiasm.

While I talk about the crew, we were speaking to a senior officer, he explained that every two weeks they have events like Bollywood where the crew let their hair down, he said it’s a fact that these events are very important to maintain moral for the crew, we spoke to several crew members who love those events.

I know you maybe bored with this however, yet another competition top toss, where you throw balls onto wooden poles not very exciting but another 3 points in the bag.

It was trivia at 10 am, just shows how competitive some guests are, the team next to us said they were hoping we didn’t show today, as it happened, we came second.

Last evening joined a couple in the Compass Rose, we are so boring, yet another curry, a Thai Red curry but it was very tasty. We then went to the theatre where the production team put on what I would describe a rather “raunchy” performance, I must say I enjoyed it.

When we returned to our suite at 10.45am our luggage was on the bed ready for packing, wow they want us off quickly, Mrs Fudge is busy packing as I write, Mr Fudge would just pile it all in so I am asked not to touch anything! She has packed so much I think I am travelling home in just my underwear!

So, here’s a first for me, Mrs Fudge said we don’t need lunch lets go for afternoon tea and scones instead, that didn’t last long, the minute we passed the pool grill that was it, two burgers later, are we still going for afternoon tea, apparently not! Not eaten a burger for donkeys’ years!

At 6pm we attended “Krew Kapers” some of the crew get together in their own time, they write, direct, and produce a 45-minute show. We attended; it was brilliant. The crew had no training an put on fantastic show.

So, this evening we are eating in the Compass Rose with four friends we met on the cruise, an early night I think, its out of your suite by 08.00 off the ship by 09.00 at the latest then off to the airport for our flight home at 3pm.

One last thing, time to redeem our points.

Can I please take this opportunity to thank all who have read my post and replied.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful this cruise has been, we have met some wonderful people but most of all the crew have been outstanding, looking forward to our next cruise with Regent.

Happy sailing to everyone wherever you cruise to or for that matter who you cruise with, more importantly stay safe everyone.

Bon voyage.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, GOARMY said:

fudge:  

Appears we will be shipmates again in less than a year.  Will also be aboard Explorer at Vancouver for September-October transit to Tokyo.  Then, add-on at Tokyo.  This will be our fourth try for Tokyo.  Previous ones canceled due to COVID.  

Continued safe travels. 

GOARMY!

We will be on that one, too, and are looking forward to meeting you both, and your spouses.  Before that, though, we are excited to board the Splendor in about three weeks for a TransAtlantic.  

Joanie

• Like 1

Mr. Fudge, I have enjoyed your reports very much! We will be boarding Voyager November 12. Hopefully, the same wonderful crew will still be onboard. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

4 hours ago, fudge said:

Day 10

So, this wonderful cruise is almost over, one of the best cruises we have ever been on, the crew are just amazing in every department, as are the senior crew officers.

We set sail at 9pm for Athens, a sea day which is OK we don’t mind that. Completed the on-line feedback form which took about 15 minutes, not too strenuous.

I go on other CC forums, SS and Seabourn, not sure if Regents guests do? I must be really bored or really nosey. Anyway, the guests on Silversea are not happy bunnies at present, there is some real anger on there. We have over 100 days on SS our last cruise was in June this year it was OK, nothing really to complain about however, as I have mentioned before we are fairly low maintenance, we don’t know one Red wine from another so we are always guided by the waiter/ess  or the sommelier, we take whatever comes. 

Another win at the trivia with a slightly different team yesterday, one couple are on a trip so we had two substitutions, another 6 points in the bag, so looking forward to our weeks free cruise. (lol)

We woke early this morning, no breakfast again! We love the coffee connection, as soon as we walk in the guy who makes the coffee starts to make our latté, how predictable are we?

All of a sudden there was a commotion, the crew were really excited, the Regent Explorer was about to pass us en route to Istanbul, we ran outside as did most of the crew to see this beautiful ship pass us, there was plenty of horn blowing from both ships and waving, it brought a tear to my, I told Mrs Fudge that something had blown in my eye.

The crew had made a huge cardboard hand which was waved with enthusiasm.

While I talk about the crew, we were speaking to a senior officer, he explained that every two weeks they have events like Bollywood where the crew let their hair down, he said it’s a fact that these events are very important to maintain moral for the crew, we spoke to several crew members who love those events.

I know you maybe bored with this however, yet another competition top toss, where you throw balls onto wooden poles not very exciting but another 3 points in the bag.

It was trivia at 10 am, just shows how competitive some guests are, the team next to us said they were hoping we didn’t show today, as it happened, we came second.

Last evening joined a couple in the Compass Rose, we are so boring, yet another curry, a Thai Red curry but it was very tasty. We then went to the theatre where the production team put on what I would describe a rather “raunchy” performance, I must say I enjoyed it.

When we returned to our suite at 10.45am our luggage was on the bed ready for packing, wow they want us off quickly, Mrs Fudge is busy packing as I write, Mr Fudge would just pile it all in so I am asked not to touch anything! She has packed so much I think I am travelling home in just my underwear!

So, here’s a first for me, Mrs Fudge said we don’t need lunch lets go for afternoon tea and scones instead, that didn’t last long, the minute we passed the pool grill that was it, two burgers later, are we still going for afternoon tea, apparently not! Not eaten a burger for donkeys’ years!

At 6pm we attended “Krew Kapers” some of the crew get together in their own time, they write, direct, and produce a 45-minute show. We attended; it was brilliant. The crew had no training an put on fantastic show.

So, this evening we are eating in the Compass Rose with four friends we met on the cruise, an early night I think, its out of your suite by 08.00 off the ship by 09.00 at the latest then off to the airport for our flight home at 3pm.

One last thing, time to redeem our points.

Can I please take this opportunity to thank all who have read my post and replied.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful this cruise has been, we have met some wonderful people but most of all the crew have been outstanding, looking forward to our next cruise with Regent.

Happy sailing to everyone wherever you cruise to or for that matter who you cruise with, more importantly stay safe everyone.

Bon voyage.

Thanks for your daily postings.  Will miss hearing from you.  I usually read your stories to DW.  We will be heading out on our next Regent cruise in less than 3 weeks.  Would love to hear what you chose with your "points".  We like to do the same thing and have gotten some nice items.  Stay safe.

6 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Thank you!  I hope you got a very nice cruise with those points!  We sometime give them to others!  

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. We redeemed 120 points, we are so generous we gave 3 away. We got 2 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve t shirts, an umbrella, a golf towel and two baseball caps.

We disembarked at 08.45, it was a very smooth process, we took a local taxi to the airport, 70 Euros, the traffic was quite busy it took an hour, now in Athens airport waiting to check in. 

• Like 3