OBC for shore excursions already paid?

MyTMo777

there is no easy way to do this. you cant spend obc online before the cruise

the shore excursion desk will have to cancel your prepaid excursions and that will be refunded to your onboard account and then you can repurchase the excursion

2 hours ago, MyTMo777 said:

I suspected that might have to happen. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

Unless you're already on the ship, you'd probably be better off cancelling now so the refund goes back to your credit card.  If you cancel on the ship, the refund will be OBC, so you wouldn't be gaining anything except that OBC would be refundable so you could cash it out on the last night if you wanted 

• Like 1

We had something like this happen once.

We called NCL and spoke with our PCP (we had a dynamite PCP, until he left NCL, alas) and he somehow changed it so we wouldn't be billed - at the SAME rate - until we were on board.

There was no way to do that online.

GC

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just remember the excursion may be more money once on the ship.  We booked an excursion on line at $80pp and on board it was $130pp.

did you have the $50 excursion credit?  If yes, the excursion was probably the same price, but if you book before the cruise, the $50 excursion credit is applied right away and your credit card charged the net price (in this case, $80).  If you book on board, you're charged the full price when you book($130) to your ship account, then the $50 credit is applied after you've completed the excursion.  so in the end, it's still $80.

We had this happen to us when NCL cancelled a port that we booked an excursion for. We weren't even informed of the port cancellation until we were onboard.

I was surprised to learn they put the funds towards our OBC instead of refunding our credit card.

When I requested they put it towards our credit card, I was initially informed it was non-refundable.

Then they back tracked and said it was refundable AT THE END OF THE CRUISE.

It appears they hope you'll just spend it onboard. Oh there was no way I would after that conversation. I got it back in cash on the last night.

Edited by roomba920

12 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

did you have the $50 excursion credit?  If yes, the excursion was probably the same price, but if you book before the cruise, the $50 excursion credit is applied right away and your credit card charged the net price (in this case, $80).  If you book on board, you're charged the full price when you book($130) to your ship account, then the $50 credit is applied after you've completed the excursion.  so in the end, it's still $80.

Yes we had the credit plus the platinum discount of 10%.  Our final payment was $90 for the two of us.

15 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

It's kind of six of one, half a dozen of the other.  It's going to end up on your onboard account no matter what.

It depends upon whether one expects to be using the non-refundable OBC some other way.

In our situation, mentioned above, we did *not* expect to be using that much, so we really wanted to apply it to something we knew we *would* be doing... the excursion.

It worked out fine, thanks to our PCP.

GC

• Like 1