I booked ICON!!!

25 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Booked for the inaugural.. 1/27/24. Booked at 5am, Oceanview balcony, a little less than $4k total, with my diamond plus discount. Decided against refundable,  because it was almost $400 extra, and if it comes down to it, we can always just pay the $100 per person change fee, which is less. It's not like we don't cruise....

I did not think the 100 per person change fee was an option after 4/1/22??

I wasn’t able to look till 9 am. Booked a Oceanview balcony midship on deck 12 for June 2024. Was $5,200 for 3 people with taxes/port fees. Was only 5 cabins to choose from which seems strange. I feel like they must be holding cabins back. Wonder how much they started at price wise when they opened up bookings.

• Like 1

I just did it! Booked an inside GTY for 2 for May 2024 for $1040 per person. $250 each deposit (Non refundable). Any problems and I pay $100 change fee to another date. Way cheaper option. Planning on purchasing my own insurance down the road. Only about $100 more pp then I'm paying for Wonder in May 2023. Not too bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We decided too expensive.  We wanted a suite and the bottom suite was too high.  Will stick to Oasis class for now and Celebrity. S and Edge class.

Agree...suites way to high we'll stick to Oasis & Quantum class at least for now. When I'm taking the extended family.

• Like 1

Royal must be doing something with the bookings because I was in the middle of booking a balcony for March of 2024 and it randomly kicked me out and now for every category type, it only allows a guarantee as a room type. Tried on multiple different dates and stateroom types. Annoying. 

We booked, but as refundable as things are up in the air and so may not even happen.  I wasn't even planning on booking but I looked at holiday time 2024 for the fun of it.  Prices are pretty crazy so booked a Central Park Interior for four of us (and even that is much higher than we would ever pay). There aren't many of these rooms so wanted to grab one before it goes.  The thing is our DS will be in university and no idea where he'll be, co-op schedule (if even started yet) and if he'll even want to go on holiday with us....but on the flip side, wanted to book this ship with both kids while we can.

Not sure if it's true but the agent said that the first sailing on Icon is almost sold out.

56 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Royal must be doing something with the bookings because I was in the middle of booking a balcony for March of 2024 and it randomly kicked me out and now for every category type, it only allows a guarantee as a room type. Tried on multiple different dates and stateroom types. Annoying. 

Try calling a travel agent.  They have rooms on hold.

We booked an Interior Plus for 8/17/24, our 20th anniversary.  We will likely upgrade at some point but if not, we are good with an inside cabin.  To compare with our Icon cruise (7 nights), we are paying $400 more for the Wonder NYE 2023 cruise (8 nights, also inside cabin), as our new TA had a great group rate on the Wonder cruise.  Since we used a NextCruise cert that is about to expire we took the pricing we could get for Icon.  

Not really an apples to apples comparison but a holiday cruise on an Oasis class ship compared to a new cruise on an Icon class ship is as close as I have booked, lol.

Edited by MandyMooToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

We booked an Interior Plus for 8/17/24, our 20th anniversary.  We will likely upgrade at some point but if not, we are good with an inside cabin.  To compare with our Icon cruise (7 nights), we are paying $400 more for the Wonder NYE 2023 cruise (8 nights, also inside cabin), as our new TA had a great group rate on the Wonder cruise.  Since we used a NextCruise cert that is about to expire we took the pricing we could get for Icon.  

Not really an apples to apples comparison but a holiday cruise on an Oasis class ship compared to a new cruise on an Icon class ship is as close as I have booked, lol.

We are on the same cruise as you!!

Booked yesterday morning, February 10, 2024. Took 13 years to try Oasis. Cruising Icon in it's 4th week 🙂

In my opinion just from what I've seen so far from RC blogs video, its Oasis class perfected. They nailed it. I think. We'll see!

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

It's for August 2024...I will have a high schooler so was limited to time frame,  but was the least expensive for the summer 2024 cruises.. Going western. Would have preferred eastern, but with family reunions..only one date worked...Surfside Balcony for 3 stated at 1112....yikes but hoping for some reductions in the next 660 days ..

What is Surfside Balcony?

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Balconies overlooking Surfside.

Surfside is the new version of the Boardwalk so these balconies are the equivalent of the Boardwalk balcony

The new kids water park is also located on surfside...7th deck, but I do not think that will be an issue for me..I love the sound of children laughing...reminds me how good life is..

• Like 2

3/16/24. We booked Corner suite on deck 12 plus the balcony right next to it.  Crazy prices but will have time to save.

3/22/25: Also booked a Sky Jr. and GS next to it on deck 17 for a taste of the high life.  That actually cost less than 2024 bookings..