Best dish in the MDR?

kruzkraziness

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it seems this question is asked quite often.... but do we need to open a new thread every time?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2849599-favorite-food-on-princess-cruise-line/

Yes. 😉  Maybe I changed my mind since the last thread. 😁

Edited by Kay S
  • Like 7
  • Haha 11

• Embarkation lunch - Bay shrimp & avocado appetizer, salmon entree and orange soufflé 
  • Dinner appetizer - TBGCS Twice Baked Goat Cheese Soufflé 
  • Dessert - used to be Love Boat Dream but have not enjoyed the new iterations 😩
  • International Cafe - Chicken Waldorf Salad

Now, I’m hungry!! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MustangGT said:
  • Embarkation lunch - Bay shrimp & avocado appetizer, salmon entree and orange soufflé 
  • Dinner appetizer - TBGCS Twice Baked Goat Cheese Soufflé 
  • Dessert - used to be Love Boat Dream but have not enjoyed the new iterations 😩
  • International Cafe - Chicken Waldorf Salad

Now, I’m hungry!! 

I've yet to try the Twice Baked Goat Cheese Souffle but, unlike most folks I see posting, I have found every souffle I tried on Princess to be utterly bland and almost tasteless. My wife agrees with me.

I totally agree about the Love Boat Dream. My regular "go to" dessert is the Creme Brulee but it wasn't offered on the menu on our last cruise. (I was amazed. What the heck were they thinking of? Oddly enough there was also no ice cream offered at dinner in MDR. My wife was terribly disappointed.) Given that I couldn't order the dessert I wanted I did a "fall back" to the good old standby or the Love Boat Dream. I was appalled when it was delivered and bore no real resemblance to the dessert that has been served for years. Not only was it completely different it wasn't nearly as good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martinitime1 said:

Can't believe this has gone unmentioned, obvious answer is the Fettuccine Alfredo.

I had a friend who ordered it every single night.

I like the spaghetti and meatballs.  They used to be available every night from the  kids' menu, but now it's only on Italian night.  I also get the shrimp cocktail most nights.

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

I had a friend who ordered it every single night.

I like the spaghetti and meatballs.  They used to be available every night from the  kids' menu, but now it's only on Italian night.  I also get the shrimp cocktail most nights.

I've seen a number of posts in the past where people said they would order that from the kids menu when nothing else really struck their fancy. It was reportedly quite good. I kept it in reserve to use some day but it seems that they have now removed it from the kids menu. Bah.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I've yet to try the Twice Baked Goat Cheese Souffle but, unlike most folks I see posting, I have found every souffle I tried on Princess to be utterly bland and almost tasteless. My wife agrees with me.

The TBGCS (haha) is not like the dessert souffles (which are pretty blah.)  It is moist throughout and incredibly rich.  I can't eat a whole one, so I split it with DH.  One thing it is not is tasteless.  Very cheesy. 

• Like 3

My go to dinner on a long cruise is the shrimp cocktail with an appetizer portion of gluten free fettuccine.  Always good!

I had the gf Twice Baked Goat Cheese Soufflé for the first on my last cruise.  OMG!!  Fantastic!  I will order every chance I get!

1 hour ago, SumoCitrus said:

Do they have escargot?

Also, on gala nights is there lobster?

I am formerly a HAL cruiser trying my first Princess cruise in December.

HAL lobster is better, IMO, than Princess lobster.