Which restaurant does Celebrity use at Orient Beach?

LB_NJ

Celebrity is offering an excursion to Orient Beach that includes lunch at a restaurant.

Anyone know which restaurant they use and if it is any good?

We will probably book it just to avoid the hassle of a taxi to Orient Beach.

7 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Celebrity is offering an excursion to Orient Beach that includes lunch at a restaurant.

Anyone know which restaurant they use and if it is any good?

We have been to Orient Beach twice with X.

The excursion was well maintained and organized...BUT !

Orient Beach is not that great in my opinion, too many hawkers, they will not leave you alone.

Food was excellent !

53 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

A taxi to Orient Beach is not a hassle. I have taken a taxi there four or five times. The taxis are well organized. I have been going to Kakao or Bikini Beach. I noticed that the cruise line excursions go to those two beach bar/restaurants too. I think those two and some others may have the same owners.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

A taxi to Orient Beach is not a hassle. I have taken a taxi there four or five times. The taxis are well organized. I have been going to Kakao or Bikini Beach. I noticed that the cruise line excursions go to those two beach bar/restaurants too. I think those two and some others may have the same owners.

I'll be going to St. Martin in January. I was thinking of taking a taxi to Orient Beach. Do you recall how much per person the taxi was?  Was it a private car or a shared taxi ( pickup truck with bench seats in the back). Did you have any problems catching a taxi back to the cruise port?  How much time should you leave to get back to the cruise port before sail away?

50 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

We have been to Orient Beach twice with X.

The excursion was well maintained and organized...BUT !

Orient Beach is not that great in my opinion, too many hawkers, they will not leave you alone.

Food was excellent !

The only beach on St. Marteen I have been to without peddlers is Pinel island. it is pretty nice there with I think two beach bars. You have to take a taxi to Cut De Sac and then a small boat ferries you over. The boat costs I think $12 round trip so the peddlers so I guess don't want to pay that. If you go you would want to prearrange with the taxi to return. Only pay on return!!!

10 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I'll be going to St. Martin in January. I was thinking of taking a taxi to Orient Beach. Do you recall how much per person the taxi was?  Was it a private car or a shared taxi ( pickup truck with bench seats in the back). Did you have any problems catching a taxi back to the cruise port?  How much time should you leave to get back to the cruise port before sail away?

It is a shared ride taxi and not expensive. It is a regular car. The taxis want the return fare so they will ask you when you want to be picked up. I give them a time but If you get tired of the beach and want to go back before or stay later than the  time there will be taxis arriving that you can take back. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

We went to a great restaurant there on the X excursion..but not sure if it surivived the last hurricane. it was private, clean, good food and service. Very well organized.   Long ride. Glad we took the bus trip.

Beach there was very windy! Not a great swimming beach...

We took a tour to Orient beach a few years ago.   It was a rather cool [ overcast day plus very windy.  

Where the bus stopped to let us off seemed like a planned place to give us a “thrill”.   There was a bush across from the bus.  As soon as we pulled up a rather old weathered local came strolling out from  that bush totally nude except for a hat and walked from that bush to another that was about 100 feet away with his middle leg swinging and dragging the ground.    It was very comical seeing that.   We were expecting him to come by passing his hat  expecting a tip for his performance.  

No one was on the beach as it was very cold, windy and the the wind was blowing the sand thru the air like a sand blaster.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched