Medallion help needed

What have I done !!! We were Blue lane and I 'think' that I have added our arrival times and also uploaded our Vaccination Certificates.

Our lane has now changed to Yellow !!!

Whenever I go to check in the wellness area it doesn't seem to appear that we have completed this and our uploaded the documents.

Let's not talk about the photos..we take these, save , tick the box but again when we go back to check they are not appearing.

Advice and help badly needed

Many thanks

• Like 1

Yellow is better than Blue. That just means you've supplied some of the info needed but not enough to turn Green. However some things can't be added until the last minute.

Don't panic if photos don't upload. They'll take one as you board if needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yellow is better than Blue. That just means you've supplied some of the info needed but not enough to turn Green. However some things can't be added until the last minute.

Don't panic if photos don't upload. They'll take one as you board if needed.

Yellow is not better than blue. Yellow means you will not be able to board. I accidentally answered the covid test result wrongly for Barb and turned her Yellow instantly. Found, corrected answer and back to green.

If you have a pending boarding in the next day or two, check your wellness uestuons are answered correctly - one of these is written a bit ambiguously.

7 hours ago, judithann423 said:

Our lane has now changed to Yellow !!!

Whenever I go to check in the wellness area it doesn't seem to appear that we have completed this and our uploaded the documents.

Hi, if you've struck a glitch with completing all the app fields, don't worry too much, they'll quickly sort it at check-in. As regards the yellow status you're seeing, it means secondary health check screening required at check-in. Fill out everything you can, if the app isn't behaving, give it some time out and try again later. As long as you're vaccinated, feel well, get a negative covid test prior to boarding, have ID and a copy of your travel summary all will be well and you'll be allowed to board 🛳

On our boarding day, for quite a few of us that I could see, our green QR codes went poof and disappeared right at the terminal door, so for the important documents also take an old-fashioned printed copy as backup 🙂

Many thanks for your replies.  Have managed to have both now at 'blue' status and will take your advice and arrive with paper copies of the relevant documents.

My only fear is as mentioned last week by someone that had been though Sydney Terminal that if you didn't have 'green' you were being told to come back in three hours.  Elite or not didn't matter.

Oh well, will just have to 'roll' with it.

Thanks Geoff,  feeling a lot more relaxed about the whole thing now.  I let his damn technology stuff do my head in.

We managed to book our arrival time for 1200-1230 Group A and we do have elite status.  So hopefully all will be well as we have to check out of our hotel by 1000 and there is nothing worse than hanging around for too long.

Last time we travelled on Majestic we arrived at about 1230 or so and there wasn't a queue to be seen.  Just walked up and walked on and that was without technology.  Anyway, so looking forward to our cruise in December. love the Majestic and love cruising.

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Can someone explain to me how I find out my boarding time?  I can't see anything on the Medallion app.  Or does it happen closer to sailing time, which for me is 17 days away?

In the app, go to Personal Information & Documents, scroll down past Required Information to Suggested. Choose Arrivals and your cruise. You need to choose an Arrival Group there to get a time.

We had to wait for my wife's phone to be found on the ship and bought down after we disembarked. The guy running the bottom level of OPT was still saying the same to early arriving elite passengers - come back at your boarding allocated time. This is in conflict to what they are saying on the ship, which is anyone with priority is always front of queue, regardless of the time they arrive.

On good days, everyone gets on early. When there are delays, not everyone can board at the same time. For Coral's next departure, I expect some delays while border force sort out health documents and handling of any remaining passengers still in quarantine.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 9:05 PM, Relaxing Robbies said:

In the app, go to Personal Information & Documents, scroll down past Required Information to Suggested. Choose Arrivals and your cruise. You need to choose an Arrival Group there to get a time.

Lol I go to mine and it says zero groups available in the Early, Mid and Late boarding periods 🤣

The online version of the Medallion does not have the same format as the actual Medallion app.  I have been using the online version because I live in a mobile phone blackspot.  I have wrestled with it for ages and eventually got the GREEN lane approval. But have not been able to choose an arrivals group.

Finally, I gave up, took the mobile and my umbrella to a high spot in the rain, for one bar of mobile reception, and sure enough, there is a travel checklist on the app where you can select your arrival group and time. It is not on the online version.

So now I have an arrival time of 1.30 pm to 2pm, which is a lot later than I wanted, but all that was available for my Nov 17 sailing. Is there any point in getting to the port earlier than that?

6 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

The online version of the Medallion does not have the same format as the actual Medallion app.  I have been using the online version because I live in a mobile phone blackspot.  I have wrestled with it for ages and eventually got the GREEN lane approval. But have not been able to choose an arrivals group.

Finally, I gave up, took the mobile and my umbrella to a high spot in the rain, for one bar of mobile reception, and sure enough, there is a travel checklist on the app where you can select your arrival group and time. It is not on the online version.

So now I have an arrival time of 1.30 pm to 2pm, which is a lot later than I wanted, but all that was available for my Nov 17 sailing. Is there any point in getting to the port earlier than that?

If you are Elite you can get priority check in early, otherwise I suppose you need to stick to your given time. 

Unfortunately, I am a long way from being Elite. It's my first cruise. I'm annoyed that Princess still haven't got bugs like this out of the Medallion system.  I can't be the only passenger using the online version, rather than the smartphone app. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Unfortunately, I am a long way from being Elite. It's my first cruise. I'm annoyed that Princess still haven't got bugs like this out of the Medallion system.  I can't be the only passenger using the online version, rather than the smartphone app. 

No you are not the only one, lol...I don't have the smart phone, I used the online version and it would not take some of my details, so day of boarding Coral on 13 Sept, I was not in Green lane. I turned up at OPT @ 10.30am, they opened the priority lane at 10.45am, I went to a table with a lady, showed her my vacc certs, cruise booking confirmation and told her I had a neg rat. She gave me a card to get my medallion, got that at the checkin counter, they said I was first on the ship lol, went through security and was in my cabin at 11am. I was first in the Horizon Court Buffet @ 11.30am lol. A breeze.

I only used the medallion to get on/off the ship, buy drinks, I just called a waiter over, no problem and to open cabin door.

Best of luck with your embarkation.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Phone reception isn't their problem though. The app & medallion have worked fine for us. They would prefer to provide a carrot for having the app, as it does add some more benefits to your cruise if you are using the app aboard. That is why they have deliberately limited the features on the web version and personaliser. The web version didn't exist until around 4 months ago.

I do accept that that it isn't fair for people that chose not to own a smartphone. Lots of long term loyal passengers miss out on opportunities to dine where/when they want, and there are still issues when a delayed boarding results in priority passengers without an A boarding to come back hours later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

No you are not the only one, lol...I don't have the smart phone, I used the online version and it would not take some of my details, so day of boarding Coral on 13 Sept, I was not in Green lane. I turned up at OPT @ 10.30am, they opened the priority lane at 10.45am, I went to a table with a lady, showed her my vacc certs, cruise booking confirmation and told her I had a neg rat. She gave me a card to get my medallion, got that at the checkin counter, they said I was first on the ship lol, went through security and was in my cabin at 11am. I was first in the Horizon Court Buffet @ 11.30am lol. A breeze.

I only used the medallion to get on/off the ship, buy drinks, I just called a waiter over, no problem and to open cabin door.

Best of luck with your embarkation.

On 20th October Les, they would have asked you to go away and come back at 4pm. While the ship thinks they have resolved that issue with OPT, the terminal has other ideas.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

You can try. On a normal day, embarkations are a breeze. All those there early can be on before people start to arrive for the A boarding. Just be patient enough to let them call priority passengers and A boarding passengers through, and tack onto the end of the line. It works that way at OPT for Coral, but Grand Princess also departs Melbourne on the same day - which are you cruising on?

If there is a crowd, just drop your luggage and go and find a nice spot for a coffee till it settles down.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Phone reception isn't their problem though. The app & medallion have worked fine for us.

Well I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't blame Princess for my phone reception. I was just trying to explain why I had to use the online version at home. Deliberately limiting the options on the online version of the Medallion is not a good marketing approach, if they are really doing that.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You can try. On a normal day, embarkations are a breeze. All those there early can be on before people start to arrive for the A boarding.

I don't think I'll risk it.  I have to take a taxi to the port, so once I get there I have to stay.  Don't want to spend hours waiting if I can avoid it by being a good little passenger and turning up obediently when they tell me to come.

I'll treat myself to lunch somewhere nice before I head to the port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

passengers and A boarding passengers through, and tack onto the end of the line. It works that way at OPT for Coral, but Grand Princess also departs Melbourne on the same day - which are you cruising on?

If there is a crowd, just drop your luggage and go and find a nice spot for a coffee till it settles down.

Coral is no longer scheduled for Melbourne tomorrow 4th due to heavy seas etc.  She is now coming on Sunday according to Melbourne Ports.

Just now, Ondine said:

Coral is no longer scheduled for Melbourne tomorrow 4th due to heavy seas etc.  She is now coming on Sunday according to Melbourne Ports.

That is correct. We have a sea day tomorrow, Burnie port stop on Saturday as originally scheduled, then go to Melbourne on Sunday before the final sea day back to Sydney.