Celebrity Beyond-Using OnBoard Credit for tips

detwings

Last time we were on Celebrity Edge, we were in the Retreat and they give you a $600 onboard credit.  We couldn't use it all but we were able to get a form from the Concierege (in the Retreat) and write down our Butler and Room Steward name and give the rest of the onboard credit directly to them towards their tip, in  addition to what we gave them in cash.  Does anyone know if this is still possible in the Retreat?

When we did this on another cruise line…we were provided with small note cards to give to our butlers, servers, etc. to let them know that we had arranged for additional gratuities. Does X do something similar?

18 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Can you use the OBC for the 18% gratuity in the specialty restaurants.

Yes.

@cruisestitch has compiled an extensive list of items and services which  can be paid with OBC.  About the only purchase which can't be paid with OBC is a deposit for a future cruise when booking onboard with a Future Cruise salesperson.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've picked up the Extra Tip forms from the Retreat Concierge and also at Guest Relations.

If I designate a specific amount to a specific person (individual waiter/bartender) on the extra tip form will it go directly to them and not the general pool? I know this has been asked before, but it’s my last night on the Summit and I’m getting different answers from guest relations and the individual servers. The service has been amazing and I charged my tips to my onboard account and want to make sure they get to the right people!  Thanks so much for your help. 

I wouldn’t chance it. The fact that you get different answers from different people says that the outcome might be unpredictable.

My best guess is that it would go into the tip pool rather than to the specific person you are trying to designate within the wait staff/bar staff.

If you would be trying to give it to your stateroom attendant, I think it does go to that person directly.