Oasis of the Seas Boardwalk Balcony (12329)

On 11/6/2022 at 11:26 PM, Jimbo said:

Would only agree with you inless you didn't have the end cabins  near the aqua theater Deck 10 is best, you forgot to say you can see the wake from that balcony. Guess you have never been in one of those cabins to know.

We had 10325 and had a decent view of aquatheater and the sea.

We probably won't book another one of these as I like to keep my drapes open all the time.  

• Like 1

Never will do a boardwalk or Central Park again. Zero privacy, can’t do anything without closing drapes. Oasis class doesn’t have much space looking at the ocean. I go on a cruise to wake up each morning looking at a Port and looking at the ocean on sea days. The last thing I want is to be on a cruise looking at other balconies looking at me. Even if I don’t use my balcony much I can keep my drapes open and get a view. 

On 11/11/2022 at 6:47 PM, cooncat_mom said:

We loved our Oasis Boardwalk Balcony - 10329. I did post some photos in a thread but here are 2 of them.  We sailed 9/2021 when the ships were still at 1/2 capacity, but noise wasn’t a problem for us. We usually go to bed after most activities anyway. Loved watching the Aqua theatre from our balcony and would definitely book it again.

10B08718-85F8-42CB-BFA6-A9F0011BBF33.jpeg

0C8A0F93-53E1-4E8D-9D21-7CA763DDB9F0.jpeg

Looks sooo nice 🙂

On 11/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, Ashland said:

Abyss blocked the views. I booked when Harmony was first released long before we knew about the Abyss. We felt the cabin was small, lack of privacy and noisy. We tried to like this category as it was new to us but we won't book again on Oasis class.

Ahh ok. We have had the Central Park rooms which are exactly the same room with a different view and loved it. We also love the Oasis class so I am thinking this might be good for us. 

On 11/11/2022 at 8:00 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

I was on Deck 14 over the Boardwalk last month.  Noise was an issue, as the Aqua Theater was right outside our cabin and we could hear the Aqua 80's show every night.  

Storage was an issue as well.  We had 4 traveling with us, and while the cabin sleeps 4, it definitely doesn't have storage for 4!

The Abyss was our FAVORITE attraction on the ship, and we didn't mind having it in our view.  We would often say that we could take the "expressway" down to wherever we needed to go!  It's REALLY not that scary if you want to try it.  They basically give you a toboggan made of carpet to slide on, and the turns actually slow you down.  I went on it 7 times, my niece went on it about 15 times, and each of my parents went once (even my Mom, who's afraid of heights loved it!).

Thanks 🙂  I am thinking we won't be in the cabin that much while the shows are going on. My family did the Abyss last cruise and yes, I was afraid to try it. Maybe next time lol

On 11/11/2022 at 9:22 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We had 10325 and had a decent view of aquatheater and the sea.

We probably won't book another one of these as I like to keep my drapes open all the time.  

We have had the CP balcony and always had the drapes open except for changing so I don't see that much of an issue.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, renza said:

Never will do a boardwalk or Central Park again. Zero privacy, can’t do anything without closing drapes. Oasis class doesn’t have much space looking at the ocean. I go on a cruise to wake up each morning looking at a Port and looking at the ocean on sea days. The last thing I want is to be on a cruise looking at other balconies looking at me. Even if I don’t use my balcony much I can keep my drapes open and get a view. 

Yeah I get that if you want all ocean views. We have had the CP balcony and honestly have always had the drapes open except for changing so not sure what else I would need the privacy for.

25 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Yeah I get that if you want all ocean views. We have had the CP balcony and honestly have always had the drapes open except for changing so not sure what else I would need the privacy for.

Privacy for napping, napping naked, sex, watching TV, getting out of shower to get ready at the desk for dinner. Privacy for going on balcony in PJs or my bathing suit. Privacy for everything except just sitting with clothes on. No thanks

Edited by renza
  • Like 2

We’re trying one 3 from the aft in February on Allure.  I know I won’t like the no privacy issue but the DH wanted to save some money and try it. Noise won’t bother us unless it’s noisy before 8 a.m. but we don’t usually go to bed before midnight anyway.  In the small cabins I get a bit claustrophobic with the curtains closed.  I do like the idea that near the aft I can at least get a glimpse of the ocean but CP would be quieter. 

20 minutes ago, renza said:

Privacy for napping, napping naked, sex, watching TV, getting out of shower to get ready at the desk for dinner. Privacy for going on balcony in PJs or my bathing suit. Privacy for everything except just sitting with clothes on. No thanks

Gotcha. The inner curtain worked fine for everything honestly as I don't need that much privacy for some things. Just the shower and intimacy lol. 

1 minute ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’re trying one 3 from the aft in February on Allure.  I know I won’t like the no privacy issue but the DH wanted to save some money and try it. Noise won’t bother us unless it’s noisy before 8 a.m. but we don’t usually go to bed before midnight anyway.  In the small cabins I get a bit claustrophobic with the curtains closed.  I do like the idea that near the aft I can at least get a glimpse of the ocean but CP would be quieter. 

CP has music at certain times too and if you open the door you hear the music by the pool so it is not always quiet. I am thinking that after a certain time Boardwalk is quiet too and we don't plan to spend our entire trip in the room (just the 2 of us and when dh is napping, I will go find a drink and people watch lol). 

We had the Starboard side on Allure on the deck just under deck 12- 11729 and were extremely happy with it.  Felt more private than the more inside cabins and less noise, and at the time (2014) we were just outside the "secret balcony" on deck 11 which sadly was turned into cabins.  And the view to the wake was of course awesome as was the "in your face" Aqua Theater performances which we saw several times: Yours will be right next to the control booth portside.  And with just the sheers drawn you can't see into the cabin in daytime.

our balcony big.png

Dive and the wake view.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

From our Cabin.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We had the Starboard side on Allure on the deck just under deck 12- 11729 and were extremely happy with it.  Felt more private than the more inside cabins and less noise, and at the time (2014) we were just outside the "secret balcony" on deck 11 which sadly was turned into cabins.  And the view to the wake was of course awesome as was the "in your face" Aqua Theater performances which we saw several times: Yours will be right next to the control booth portside.  And with just the sheers drawn you can't see into the cabin in daytime.

our balcony big.png

Dive and the wake view.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

From our Cabin.jpg

Nice, thank you 🙂

3 hours ago, renza said:

Exactly!    We enjoy having breakfast on the balcony as well as evening cocktails and we enjoy our privacy.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

I’m in 11295 on Allure in December. How is the view from there? We booked it because we booked a neighborhood balancing guarantee for not much more than an inside cabin. We have RoyalUp bids in for other rooms.

11295 is a standard boardwalk balcony.  

image.thumb.png.fdb8feaaa20e757cf51c4aa3f4ea20d7.png