Is there brewed iced tea available?

rabidstoat

First time on Celebrity but I've sailed on RCL, NCL, and Carnival many a time. There they have iced tea but it is a vile concoction made from a powdered mix. As a Southerner this is simply unacceptable, it's like serving Lipton tea bags and microwaved water to a Brit!

So is there iced tea on Celebrity and if so, is it the same vile mix or is it actually brewed?

If there's not proper iced tea does anyone have advice on making your own? I'm thinking of bringing two one-quart plastic containers and finding some very hot water (surely that's available somewhere?) and using my own iced tea bags to brew some, then cooling it down overnight in the mini fridge.

Er, there's a mini fridge in the cabins, right? I had assumed so anyway.... 

• Haha 1

If your up for brewing your own just bring a Glass Jar -- Toss in your favorite Tea Bags and set on your Veranda -  or near the window    Couple hours later or next day you have a nice brew that can just be poured over ice.

Just Google -  Sun Tea

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If your up for brewing your own just bring a Glass Jar -- Toss in your favorite Tea Bags and set on your Veranda -  or near the window    Couple hours later or next day you have a nice brew that can just be poured over ice.

Just Google -  Sun Tea

I've tried sun tea before at home and never had much luck with it.

11 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

First time on Celebrity but I've sailed on RCL, NCL, and Carnival many a time. There they have iced tea but it is a vile concoction made from a powdered mix. As a Southerner this is simply unacceptable, it's like serving Lipton tea bags and microwaved water to a Brit!

So is there iced tea on Celebrity and if so, is it the same vile mix or is it actually brewed?

If there's not proper iced tea does anyone have advice on making your own? I'm thinking of bringing two one-quart plastic containers and finding some very hot water (surely that's available somewhere?) and using my own iced tea bags to brew some, then cooling it down overnight in the mini fridge.

Er, there's a mini fridge in the cabins, right? I had assumed so anyway.... 

the mini fridge is MINI and not very cold. A quart container will not fit

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I always found the ice tea at the buffet was pretty good. Just needs ice, lemon and sweetener. 

Handing a Southerner a glass of unsweet tea and a packet of sugar is grounds for a "bless your heart." Southern tradition dictates that copious amounts of sugar must be added to the tea while it is hot. I'm pretty sure there's a rule book somewhere. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Handing a Southerner a glass of unsweet tea and a packet of sugar is grounds for a "bless your heart." Southern tradition dictates that copious amounts of sugar must be added to the tea while it is hot. I'm pretty sure there's a rule book somewhere. 🤣

Yeah, I think there is a rule like that somewhere. I like mine with more lemon and less sugar.  Might be a  Yinzer thing. 

• Like 1

I also like brewed tea.   Rather than a glass container, I just bring my tea bags and gently place them in a water bottle and set the water bottles  out on the balcony…or I guess near the window would work.   Once they are brewed, I put in the fridge cooler and ask the stateroom attendant to please give me ice twice a day…. I do bring my insulated drink glass with top and straw.  Walla….

• Like 1

OK, I now live in the south but originally from NY.  And a diabetic so no sweet tea for me.  I carry "Cold brew" tea bags everywhere I go.  I use them at home, in airports, restaurants, etc.  They will brew ice tea in cold water.  I put them in water bottles all the time.  Sometimes  fitting them in the bottle can be challenging so be careful and creative not to break the bag!!!!  Other than that, you can use the hot water in the eateries and ask for ice.  Lots of ice!!!  And lemon and sugar.  

20 minutes ago, CRUIS4ME said:

I also like brewed tea.   Rather than a glass container, I just bring my tea bags and gently place them in a water bottle and set the water bottles  out on the balcony…or I guess near the window would work.   Once they are brewed, I put in the fridge cooler and ask the stateroom attendant to please give me ice twice a day…. I do bring my insulated drink glass with top and straw.  Walla….

I also ask for ice twice a day.

+1 For Cafe al Bacio! The iced tea dispensed from a mix in the buffet is also what I think they serve in the dining room/specialty restaurants and not to my liking. So, I stop by Cafe al Bacio a few times a day for fresh brewed iced tea. On my recent Equinox crew, when I would sit down and "dine in," the server would bring me three glasses of ice :) I always appreciated that, as I do like my iced tea "iced!" 

For reference, I don't drink coffee or soda, and iced tea is to me as coffee is to most other people. I have to have it every day! 🤣

We always get a kettle in the room and make our own hot water.  

We bring insulated mugs and find them very useful in 'brewing' our own tea. 

However, we mainly drink green tea but love the Tea Forte Jasmine Green Tea. 

I also like my morning iced tea. In Oceanview, I make a cup of hot tea with a tea bag and hot water. Once it's brewed, I pour it over a glass of ice. It's the perfect strength for iced tea and is pretty strong, which I like. 

Btw, the pastries, cookies, etc at Cafe al Baccio, are also included for free, even if you are ‘nt buying a coffee or tea. The Tea Forte teas are wonderful, and their Tea Over Ice is just what you are looking for, itcan be made with any of their tea varieties offered. I’m addicted to their Earl Grey over ice, in fact I just ordered a new supply to have here at home. 
Now, onto making your own tea to have in your room. Bring a water bottle designed for hot beverages and get steaming hot  water from Oceanview ( its VERY hot) and then add your sugar and pour  over ice. Ice is available at OV, or you can sweet talk your cabin steward and they will leave an ice buckets worth whenever they service your room. If you are really serious, I guess you could bring an old time thermos bottle, it would hold more than current day water bottles. The mini fridge will not hold a lot. 

On 11/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, SRQbeachgirl said:

Laughing.   My Grandmother in Tennessee use to make both sweet and unsweetened.   I prefer unsweetened.

I swear you cold stand a spoon up in the sweetened version

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We always get a kettle in the room and make our own hot water.  

We bring insulated mugs and find them very useful in 'brewing' our own tea. 

However, we mainly drink green tea but love the Tea Forte Jasmine Green Tea. 

This is what we do, but I go with English Breakfast tea. We even go as far as brining our small Yeti to keep the ice, well, in ice form as long as possible!

Tom