Drink Package question

fcrouch

On the SBP drink price limit is $11; if I buy a $13 glass of wine am I charged $2.00 (plus 18%) or do I have to pay the full price? On Royal Carib I just paid the difference if drink price more than what package covered.  Thanks. I tried to search for this question/answer but didn't find. 

1 minute ago, Damcruiser said:

I believe the policy just changed.

We are waiting for actual reports it has changed.

@fcrouch, the current policy is that you would pay the full price $13, plus the 18% tip, if you buy that wine. The policy may be changing to only paying the difference, but we don't have confirmation of that yet.

34 minutes ago, fcrouch said:

On the SBP drink price limit is $11; if I buy a $13 glass of wine am I charged $2.00 (plus 18%) or do I have to pay the full price? On Royal Carib I just paid the difference if drink price more than what package covered.  Thanks. I tried to search for this question/answer but didn't find. 

Currently on the NA.  At least on this ship you just pay the difference.   I saw signage in the MDR.

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The terms and conditions of the package were provided with our room key cards. It is a bit of a change from the past. DH could order a double Bacardi 8 and it would count as two drinks. Now the first is included and you pay full price for the second.

20221109_132340.thumb.jpg.3ed0d1725ab903c5abec3b7d20904c93.jpg

I believe you will find it depends on the bartender. I think the policy has always been one drink at a time. I have gotten double cocktails or multiple wine/beer containers and been charged for multiple drinks on the package. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the $1/drink cash tip.

HAL could remove bartender discretion and disallow subsequent drinks for the same account until X minutes elapsed. Let’s hope they are not micro-managing staff to that level.

6 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The terms and conditions of the package were provided with our room key cards. It is a bit of a change from the past. DH could order a double Bacardi 8 and it would count as two drinks. Now the first is included and you pay full price for the second.

20221109_132340.thumb.jpg.3ed0d1725ab903c5abec3b7d20904c93.jpg

Thanks for this. I notice it says water over 12oz is excluded. Do they even have 12oz bottles of water? I see they have 16oz cans of water. Do you if those are included in the drink package?

On 11/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, Scotto97 said:

Additional reports would be great as I will be on the NS on Saturday and this would make the difference in whether I buy the drink package

I am currently on NS and was told I would pay the difference.  I was told this in the Rock and Roll room bar area.  By the way, the musicians in all venues are fantastic and service fabulous.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am currently on NS and was told I would pay the difference.  I was told this in the Rock and Roll room bar area.  By the way, the musicians in all venues are fantastic and service fabulous.  

So happy to hear that the musicians are fantastic on Nieuw Statendam.  We will be cruising on her in January!!!  🙂

• Like 1