11-10-2022. WEIGH IN.

Izena

Good morning everyone.  Foggy this morning 67.  Expecting a cold front tomorrow.    Hope everyone is doing well. Glad elections are over  - was hoping for new faces but got the same trouble makers.  Glad I’m over 65 and my  home value is frozen at 2014  value. Just wish retirees did have to pay school taxes.  

Time to think about Holidays.  I don’t do any decorating or baking which helps.  ( stopped decorating in late 80s I’d get all excited and at the last minute the boys would go to their dads and I’d be left alone)

I hope everyone has their eating in control and figured out strategies to get through the temptations.

im in the middle of my range.  Which I’m not happy about.  For longest is was at the bottom (123) which was weight when had both tummy tuck surgeries.  I fanatasized about getting to 120 never lost an ounce . Oh well fit into all my clothes.  I’m really having issues with sweets  and salty foods  and Jazzper has been slowing down not walking as far - I’ll have to start solo  neighborhood walks. 

Hi all!

Izena ~ thanks for starting the thread. I don't get excited about Christmas any more since DH doesn't care & the kids don't usually come. I do like to put up the tree with my cruise memories on it, have turkey, send cards but that's about it.

I'd like to weigh less for my January/February cruises but don't know how I'll do it since I love to eat!!

I'm down 1.2 lbs this week, 0.2 lbs more than before the cruises.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe, it's still out there!

~ Jo ~ 😊

It's cold. Should still be cool but not cold (39°). Still walking every morning & afternoon. I am ok weight wise heading into my favorite secular holiday.

Got good news .... my son finally gets his kids on Thanksgiving! Court ordered alternating holidays (court also ordered 50 /50 custody) but every time he asked for any holiday ×DIL threatened him with calling the cops and he sinks into another depression. So this is a welcome change. Only thing is she said he can have them for lunch only so I'm doing 1pm. No hike that day but everyone else agreed. Guess we'll play basketball up at the school after he has to leave. Will need to work those extra calories off before I head back out on a cruise 12/6/22

Good Morning - We should have snow here now, but we are going to have 60 degree weather today.  Makes me happy - hate that it gets dark so early though.

I am the same that I was the end of October - I really need to get going on losing some of this weight - I would love to lose 58#, but would be happy with 29# --- I have a cruise on 12/7 and somehow don't think that I will be at any lower range by then.  I do need to go through cruise clothes and see what still fits.

This was the year for kids to go to their spouses family for Thanksgiving - one son will (perhaps), but it seems as if I am still having around 9 people here for dinner - now to find a Turkey - there have been no turkeys around here at the grocery stores or at Sam's Club.

This year Christmas is my year to have all the kids - DH wants to do presents ... I would prefer to do games with the winner of each game to get a token gift and then have it about food and family with lots of laughter --- I find it difficult to come up with good gifts for the kids ... and it really has gotten to the point that they are all self sufficient.  I have come up with 3-4 games and we will do the "pickle" present.

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

Thanksgiving menu set. Yes I plan early but I like getting a head start then I can cut back food intake the week before: 

Me:

Turkey
Dressing 
Cranberries
Potatoes
Pies / whip cream

Sohnjay - cream of spinach pumpkin soup

Sara- beverages, rolls

Dan - ??

I’m munching more. I think stressing about the thanksgiving cruise, usually travel with Houston son and granddaughter which we travel well together. This cruise  also includes son and family from TN. Also my x his wife and her two daighters families.  Total 14.  Don’t get along with TN DIL.

Just need to stop snacking.

Have a distraction this week trying to get a dog that was dumped in the woods to trust us and then have a rescue group to capture him  and find him a good home.  He looks like a pit bull boxer mix - very traumatized in 3 days he’s gotten to trust me enough I can get within feet of him - no attempts to touch him.  He’ll have to make that move on his own.  Have met some lovely people who are also looking after him.  

• Like 2

Izena, the cruise sounds stressful but at least there's plenty to do onboard

Thank you for helping out that poor dog. Some ppl just have no conscience 

Edited by Ombud

Tempting foods have all been eaten and no more being brought into the house.

I plan on doing a lot of walking on the cruise  my cabin is last balcony aft and my Tx son is several decks higher fwd.  will try to  walk promenade if that doesn’t work will  start with my deck  and work my way up to the lido deck. 

still feeding the stray I think he is a bull mastiff.   Very sad thing is there is a female who looks identical who was dumped about a mile away from where he is.   It’s cold today with heavy storms predicted. He should be Kay he’s hiding place is in dense underbrush.  

• Like 1