help! Don’t know how to search this board

MomC

I have been a cruise critic member for 20 years.  I used to have no trouble searching for topics and questions dealing with them. Well, not anymore.  I lost that ability a couple of years ago when something changed—but I don’t know what.

Please help me!  If I wanted to look up something like “dining options” that has been asked and answered in the past, how do I do that?  Please tell me the steps to complete in order to do that.

Thanks in advance.  The people here, and their experience, is invaluable!

Mom C

Scroll up towards the top right of the page, there is a white box that says search. It now defaults to "This Forum", that is a new feature with the most recent update. Since the last big update you've had to manually select it or you were searching the whole site, not just the Oceania board. Prior to that update it worked fine, I think there was a search for this forum and a separate search for all of Cruise Critic. Classic case of not leaving well enough alone. 

At any rate just type in what you are searching for and hit go. 

If you are on an app I got nothing. 

20 hours ago, ORV said:

Scroll up towards the top right of the page, there is a white box that says search. It now defaults to "This Forum", that is a new feature with the most recent update. Since the last big update you've had to manually select it or you were searching the whole site, not just the Oceania board. Prior to that update it worked fine, I think there was a search for this forum and a separate search for all of Cruise Critic. Classic case of not leaving well enough alone. 

At any rate just type in what you are searching for and hit go. 

If you are on an app I got nothing. 

I do not see any box that says SEARCH on the top right??

11 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I do not see any box that says SEARCH on the top right??

On my phone it's a magnifying glass, the symbol for search, at the top right in the blue strip.  On my desktop, it's the word "Search" in a white search box on the right in the blue strip.

on a computer or laptop  it looks like this

the search box under your user name  is the one to use

when you hover your mouse there it will show  "this Forum" next to the magnifying glass icon

image.thumb.png.bc3eeb22be0ebb2427af0dcf2d5ba1b4.png