Port Everglades Security -- liquids?

Naismith

We are going on a short 1-week cruise, so we were planning on just one carry-on bag each.  But....

Reef-safe sunscreen is a must for our planned water play, and we are having a hard time finding anything smaller than 8 oz. (kinda the wrong season to look for sunscreen).  An 8-oz. tube would be a problem if we were flying, but we are not.  We could move it into a clean small travel squeeze bottle, but lose the proof of the reef-free designation, and in the past some tour operators have checked.  

So how strict are they at Port Everglades security?  Same standards as TSA, or more flexible?

As others have posted....We cruise with a carryon so everything goes with us thru the scanner....Never had an issue and what we put thru that scanner would never make it thru at the airport.

They are looking for wine bottles and irons and extension cords...or so it seems.  Not Her Majesty's bottles full of beauty enhancers!

3 minutes ago, thinfool said:

One 750 ml bottle of wine is still allowed...per person.

No wine is allowed without paying a corkage fee.  You can carry on a "reasonable" number of bottles but all must pay corkage.  Per HAL website.

Edited by oakridger
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oakridger said:

No wine is allowed without paying a corkage fee.  You can carry on a "reasonable" number of bottles but all must pay corkage.  Per HAL website.

Pretty sure this is only if you take the bottle to the dining room where stewards would open and serve it.  Opening and drinking in your room does not necessitate a corkage fee.

4 minutes ago, thinfool said:

Pretty sure this is only if you take the bottle to the dining room where stewards would open and serve it.  Opening and drinking in your room does not necessitate a corkage fee.

Sorry to say that's not true anymore.  They will charge for any bottle being brought on no matter where you drink it.  Some say they have not been charged but that's not what the website states.

Frequently Asked Cruise Questions - Know Before You Go (hollandamerica.com)

"Revised Policy effective June 1st, 2021

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use except as follows:

Guests may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.

Wine purchased during company-sponsored shore excursions that visit local wineries are exempt from the on-board corkage fee (offer limited to one bottle of wine per person)."

And it goes on from there.

~Nancy

• Thanks 1

I have sailed three HAL cruises this year and have brought on a 12 pack of soda each time.  At one port I brought on a six pack of a local beer.

In no instance did anybody even blink an eye to question me about them.  Guess I've been lucky ?

7 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

I have sailed three HAL cruises this year and have brought on a 12 pack of soda each time.  At one port I brought on a six pack of a local beer.

In no instance did anybody even blink an eye to question me about them.  Guess I've been lucky ?

Yup. 

Only if you are willing to forfeit your attempt.