Laundry prices

floridababa

1 hour ago, floridababa said:

I am 3 mariner stars and have questions  about how much the laundry on the Niew Amsterdam

I have a 3 week cruise and would love to know

You can stuff a laundry bag for $20 each time. Or do unlimited laundry for $7/day ($9/day outside North America). At the $7 rare, the total cost for three weeks is $147. This fee covers everyone in your stateroom, it is not per person.

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

I am 3 mariner stars and have questions  about how much the laundry on the Niew Amsterdam

I have a 3 week cruise and would love to know

While @oldbluff is correct for cruises with end-points in the States, the unlimited is $9/day for cruises with either end in Europe. The bag-prices is also higher but the price escapes my brain just now.

If you go for the unlimited, it will be charged for each day-that-has-a-night of your cruise, so there is no sense in accumulating a big sack or pile of dirties, just start sending!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, floridababa said:

I have always made use of the BAG option (when I wasn't hand-washing in the sink!!!). Here is a list I fit in one bag. Unlike some lines (RCI I'm looking at you), you are not restricted from any type of clothing; if it fits, it can go.

image.jpeg.a5a776f3e8579680106a30f62f5df579.jpeg

• Like 2

We   have found paying by the bag is our best bet  .We can roll & fit a lot in that one $20 bag of wash  

On Celebrity we get free wash as one of our perks  twice a week bags of wash   .Seems to me we can get free wash when we get to 4 star Mariner  among the other better perks 

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We   have found paying by the bag is our best bet  .We can roll & fit a lot in that one $20 bag of wash  

We  do the $20 laundry bag every 5 days. I found that the key  is to pack as many thin lightweight clothes as possible.This also helps with airline weight limitations. It is amazing how much you can stuff inside a bag, especially when clothing is not bulky. And the perk of any laundry package is that later, when back home and even years later, you will find laundry labels on items of clothing and this is a reminder to book another cruise asap .😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

By the bag rate may have gone up. On our Nieuw Statendam back to back two 7 day cruises from Ft Lauderdale last week the bag rate was $30. I believe the unlimited rate for the week was $63. We're 4 Star so we had free laundry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dogo88 said:

By the bag rate may have gone up. On our Nieuw Statendam back to back two 7 day cruises from Ft Lauderdale last week the bag rate was $30. I believe the unlimited rate for the week was $63. We're 4 Star so we had free laundry.

Can you use the bag rate on any day or is it only offered on certain days?

Thanks

We just got off N. Statendam yesterday and the laundry was $30 per bag or $63 unlimited for 7 night cruise.  Although the weekly price has increased from $49, we found it was still a good value. The laundry department did an excellent job.  We sent out laundry 3 times and it was always returned within 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

We just got off N. Statendam yesterday and the laundry was $30 per bag or $63 unlimited for 7 night cruise.  Although the weekly price has increased from $49, we found it was still a good value. The laundry department did an excellent job.  We sent out laundry 3 times and it was always returned within 24 hours.

Did you sign up on ship or purchase in advance?

I just verified I can still add unlimited laundry to a 7 night Dec 10th sailing on Koningsdam for $7/night.

if you got it on board, there may now be a price difference when prepaying. If not, perhaps HAL is trying the new rate to gauge the impact on demand and revenue.

After reading that bags of laundry have gone up to $30 on NS, we decided to pay for unlimited laundry.  HAL's website says $49 for each of our 7 day cruises-B2B 11/26-12/10.  But when we put it in our cart it gives us an error & won't allow us to complete transaction.  Called their office- closed today until Monday.  Not sure what we are doing wrong, except we do not have a cabin assignment yet.  

Do any of you have any clues as to why we can't pre purchase unlimited laundry?

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

After reading that bags of laundry have gone up to $30 on NS, we decided to pay for unlimited laundry.  HAL's website says $49 for each of our 7 day cruises-B2B 11/26-12/10.  But when we put it in our cart it gives us an error & won't allow us to complete transaction.  Called their office- closed today until Monday.  Not sure what we are doing wrong, except we do not have a cabin assignment yet.  

Do any of you have any clues as to why we can't pre purchase unlimited laundry?

Try it again now, or in a couple of hours. I have gotten this error before, and then was able to add the item to my cart at another time. The website is like an old car that starts sometimes and other times not. Or the old TV that needed a whack on the side to straighten out the picture.

Oh, both of these analogies severely date me. Reckon I’ll just mosey along. Nothing to see here …

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

We purchased the laundry package on board.  We were on the N. Amsterdam in March 2022 and the laundry was $49 per week. I don't know if the price increase is only on NS or all HAL ships.

It could also be a new price difference between purchasing in advance vs. onboard.

Has anyone recently purchased unlimited laundry for the New Statendam before sailing? If so, what price per day were you charged?

Or can someone with an upcoming New Statendam cruise try adding unlimited laundry to it, just to see the price in the shopping cart? You do not have to complete the transaction; it can then be removed from the cart. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldbluff said:

Or can someone with an upcoming New Statendam cruise try adding unlimited laundry to it, just to see the price in the shopping cart? You do not have to complete the transaction; it can then be removed from the cart. Thanks!

9-day K'dam (to Mexico RT/SD) coming up in December. Unlimited laundry is showing as $63 (9-d x $7).

Sorry to butt in but we have our first cruise on HAL (The Westerdam) coming up next week and before I pack a linen dress (yes I know wrinkles galore) I was wondering if there are any irons for passenger use like on Princess to iron out any packing wrinkles?

40 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Sorry to butt in but we have our first cruise on HAL (The Westerdam) coming up next week and before I pack a linen dress (yes I know wrinkles galore) I was wondering if there are any irons for passenger use like on Princess to iron out any packing wrinkles?

No, sorry. No passenger laundries on HAL ships anymore. Nor can you bring on an iron or steamer. BUT "press-only" is available per the recent laundry form in post #3 above: 

image.jpeg.9647dae4f675a9afe60e3620c819e68b.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

No, sorry. No passenger laundries on HAL ships anymore. Nor can you bring on an iron or steamer. BUT "press-only" is available per the recent laundry form in post #3 above: 

Or unlimited pressing for the full cruise is $4/day in North America sailings.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks for the information 🙂, it looks like it might be a good idea to leave the linen clothes behind.

Though $5.50 to get the packing wrinkles out of my favourite plain dress isn't too bad.

1 minute ago, oldbluff said:

Or unlimited pressing for the full cruise is $4/day in North America sailings.

Now that does sound good!