Laundry prices

floridababa

9 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Thanks for the information 🙂, it looks like it might be a good idea to leave the linen clothes behind.

Though $5.50 to get the packing wrinkles out of my favourite plain dress isn't too bad.

Now that does sound good!

Just understand that the $4/day is for the total length of your cruise, even if you don't send and mark your "unlimited" until after a week. So if you choose that option, no reason to wait!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Just understand that the $4/day is for the total length of your cruise, even if you don't send and mark your "unlimited" until after a week. So if you choose that option, no reason to wait!

Yes, I plan to send our items needing pressing the first night. Then just touch up as needed.

4 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

Yes, I plan to send our items needing pressing the first night. Then just touch up as needed.

This sounds exactly what I need as well. I always have a few clothes that need a press after unpacking and I usually have to go to the laundry on Princess to use the iron for my husbands dress shirt on formal night and feel a little bit lost without free irons onboard.

But the above replies fixes the problem.

Thanks to everyone for your sugestions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Banditswife said:

After reading that bags of laundry have gone up to $30 on NS, we decided to pay for unlimited laundry.  HAL's website says $49 for each of our 7 day cruises-B2B 11/26-12/10.  But when we put it in our cart it gives us an error & won't allow us to complete transaction.  Called their office- closed today until Monday.  Not sure what we are doing wrong, except we do not have a cabin assignment yet.  

Do any of you have any clues as to why we can't pre purchase unlimited laundry?

Update:  I was able to order the unlimited laundry by calling the number on the screen.  Kept getting an error when we tried to order online.  Rep charged me $49 for 7 days.  Knowing we can send laundry out helps in packing lighter.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Update:  I was able to order the unlimited laundry by calling the number on the screen.  Kept getting an error when we tried to order online.  Rep charged me $49 for 7 days.  Knowing we can send laundry out helps in packing lighter.

I got spooked by the $63 total being thrown about and just ordered the unlimited laundry online for $49.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

I got spooked by the $63 total being thrown about and just ordered the unlimited laundry online for $49.

See post#9 by dogo88 &  post #12 by cajuntraveler.  they were both talking about N Statendam's laundry being $30 per bag & possibly $63 for the week.  Hubby & I will be on NS next week 11/26, so decided buying it pre cruise for $49 per week was worth saving a bit of $.  Other ships may not have gone up in price &/or the prices quoted might have been just that cruise- I am not sure... just trying to save a few bucks.  We will probably only send laundry out 2-3x, but worth not worrying about it.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Denali2003 said:

How long does it take to get a bag full of laundry back after you send it to be cleaned?

On the Zaandam (February of this year) if you sent it out before 9AM they say it will be returned in 24 hours. We sent a bag out 4 times before 9AM and each time it was returned before bedtime that same night 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

On the Zaandam (February of this year) if you sent it out before 9AM they say it will be returned in 24 hours. We sent a bag out 4 times before 9AM and each time it was returned before bedtime that same night 🙂

WOW!!!!!  That's FAST!!!!!  We are looking into sailing on HAL in 2024.  We have been sailing with Princess for 20 years and now looking for a change.  Their laundry service takes 2-5 days to get back.  However, they do have self serve laundry mats on each deck for everyone.  Elite members get laundry done for them for free, but takes a few days to get back.  24 hours, heck even 48 hours is a great improvement for us 🙂

• Like 1

Can i just check, the unlimited washing option, it comes back ironed as well doesn't it?  Did on cruises many years ago.  The current package on website says "Includes wash, dry and fold. Priced per stateroom."  My girflriend is convinced we have to then add the pressing package.  I say no.

last week on Nieuw Statendam (Caribbean)....

My nephew did one bag. They got in several pants and shirts and undies.  Bag was returned the next day everything folded.

IMG_1865.jpeg

Edited by VermeulT

I don't really wear a lot of clothing that I trust in those gigantic industrial washers and dryers.  I have free laundry on Carnival, and I think I sent out 2 bags on my 32 nights last fall (mostly just undies).

Have 26 nights coming up on Rotterdam in a couple of weeks and will need to pack some cold-weather items since it's the 150th Anniversary TA.  I imagine we could have rather cool days crossing the north Atlantic in early April.  Then staying on for Oslo, Copenhagen and Scotland.

I guess I'll have to use up some OBC and send out a bag of laundry at least once.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, VermeulT said:

My nephew did one bag. They got in several pants and shirts and undies.  Bag was returned the next day everything folded.

IMG_1865.jpeg

if you do laundry by the bag, do you have to purchase the bag?   I see on the bottom there is a $15 charge to buy the blue bag.  

4 minutes ago, taflavin said:

if you do laundry by the bag, do you have to purchase the bag?   I see on the bottom there is a $15 charge to buy the blue bag.  

No, you do not have to purchase the bag to have laundry by the bag. Most people don't. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, taflavin said:

You may purchase the bag if you want. I think the notice is more to alert you (nicely) that if you take the bag with you when you go home, there will be a charge placed against your final bill. 

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 9:40 AM, VermeulT said:

IMG_1865.jpeg

It looks like HAL is experimenting with finding the most profitable but "acceptable" laundry pricing.  On our Dec 2022 NS 7 night cruise, the price was $20/bag or $7/day ($49) unlimited.  As we were leaving, we saw the cabin steward put out the pricing sheet for the next week, $30/bag or $9/day ($63) unlimited.  The sheet shown above looks like they are testing a somewhat middle ground of $25/bag or $8.50/day.

22 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

How do we sign up for the laundry service? Thanks

You can dign up for Unlimited Laundry onboard (using OBC if you have any) or pre-purchase it once you are logged in to your booking. It's under "Cruise Activities" then "Packages"

If doing Laundry By The Bag, just sign the form when you fill the bag.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

You can dign up for Unlimited Laundry onboard (using OBC if you have any) or pre-purchase it once you are logged in to your booking. It's under "Cruise Activities" then "Packages"

If doing Laundry By The Bag, just sign the form when you fill the bag.

Thank you so much 

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

The HAL Website lists "Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning" for Pinnacle and Neptune Suites.

What does this entail?

When you board your ship, there will be a laundry bag hanging in your closet and paperwork to be completed to indicate what you are sending.  If anything requires special handling such as cold wash and dry, write that beside the item on the laundry list you are sending.  Keep the pink copy to match to the returned laundry.  Make sure you ask your Room Steward for extra bags and laundry lists so you can have them filled before your submitted laundry is returned (returned laundry will come with a new bag and blank laundry list).

You can send laundry in the morning by placing the filled bag, with completed laundry list, on your bed when you go to breakfast and the same for dinner time.  It is my experience that laundry turned-in during breakfast will be returned that evening.  Laundry turned-in at dinner time will be returned the next morning.

When you receive your laundry back, make sure you remove all of the laundry tape (always placed in the same spot on respective articles of clothing) as they can be scratchy when worn.

FWIW your Room Steward will not accept laundry on the day before you disembark as it will not have time to be returned before you leave the ship

Hope this answers your question.

• Thanks 3