Laundry prices

floridababa

Side question, I understand that HAL offers a discounted daily rate for unlimited laundry on cruises of 30+ days. Does anyone know if 3x14day b2b2bs (42 days total) would meet this requirement? All 3 are on separate bookings but same names and same cabin.

Thanks,

16 hours ago, skurvish said:

Side question, I understand that HAL offers a discounted daily rate for unlimited laundry on cruises of 30+ days. Does anyone know if 3x14day b2b2bs (42 days total) would meet this requirement? All 3 are on separate bookings but same names and same cabin.

Thanks,

I've never heard of a further discount on unlimited laundry on longer cruises, and I have taken my share of longer cruises that were not back-to-back (not to mention a few that were). 
Where did you get the information that there is a further discount? 

On 11/13/2022 at 3:29 AM, Heartgrove said:

We are currently on a 14-night Transatlantic aboard the Oosterdam. The cost for the Unlimited laundry is $129.00. After spending three weeks in Italy, France, and Spain before embarking, the Unlimited is well worth it.

We just prepaid for unlimited Laundry on the Zaandam for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in April.  Our cost was $119 all-in, which I think comes to $8.50 a day.  Laundry done by the ship makes me happy because, well, it makes my wife happy.

On our Panama Canal cruise we are traveling with some relatives in an adjacent cabin, and as we have done in previous cruises we will do some of their laundry for them.  Maybe alternate days.  Makes the laundry package even more valuable.  

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, pmjnh said:

On the Zaandam (February of this year) if you sent it out before 9AM they say it will be returned in 24 hours. We sent a bag out 4 times before 9AM and each time it was returned before bedtime that same night 🙂

Same quick turn around on the Volendam this past October.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We’re booked:

Eurodam 28Oct2023 11days FLL/FLL and

Oosderdam 05Apr2024 25 days FLL/ATH

Unlimited laundry on Eurodam 11 days is $93.50/8.50 a day

Unlimited laundry on Oosderdam 25 days is $262.50/10.50 a day.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a sale on these prices, pre-cruise?

Diane

Laundry is not discounted so you can buy pre cruise or onboard at same price.

• Like 1

First time HAL cruiser here and our cruise is 35 nights. We are thinking of buying the unlimited laundry package which states wash dry and fold. Will we also have to buy the unlimited pressing? We have read conflicting information where some folks say their laundry comes back pressed without buying the pressing package and others state it’s only folded and still needs pressed!. Can anyone who’s previously bought the unlimited laundry package please clarify. 

1 minute ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

First time HAL cruiser here and our cruise is 35 nights. We are thinking of buying the unlimited laundry package which states wash dry and fold. Will we also have to buy the unlimited pressing? We have read conflicting information where some folks say their laundry comes back pressed without buying the pressing package and others state it’s only folded and still needs pressed!. Can anyone who’s previously bought the unlimited laundry package please clarify. 

Using the regular laundry service, while most of my clothes get folded because that's all they need, the few items I have such as cotton blouses do get ironed and returned on hangers.  No need for pressing package!

~Nancy

4 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

It is ironed, then either folded or put on hangers. You state what you want.

5 minutes ago, colbe said:

When I forgot to tick 'folded' on our most recent cruise everything came back ironed and on hangers including my beach hat and swimsuit! 

That reminds me of when I lived in the Philippines in the 1970's. Our house maid actually ironed my cotton bras when I first moved there!  It only took once, and I told her that wasn't necessary!!  She did continue to iron my dad's cotton boxers though and he loved it!!  🙄

~Nancy

• Haha 3

On 11/13/2022 at 9:56 PM, sewgood said:

Sorry to butt in but we have our first cruise on HAL (The Westerdam) coming up next week and before I pack a linen dress (yes I know wrinkles galore) I was wondering if there are any irons for passenger use like on Princess to iron out any packing wrinkles?

I think that most experienced cruisers would agree that taking clothing which wrinkles "galore" is ill advised.  Not only does linen wrinkle, but it is heavier than polyester or other non-wrinkle fabrics.  Enjoy your linen dress at home and splurge on a new, non-wrinkle dress.  For that matter, a good quality cotton dress travel easily.  At least my Indonesian cotton dresses do.  

• Like 2