Pre-order Christmas Tree in stateroom

GateGuardian

Yes it has been offered in the past and yes you can take it home. We had the large one a few years ago and then brought it home with us in our carryon. It is very lovely, prelit, and came with red and gold decorations. It certainly added a festive touch to our stateroom and now serves as a wonderful memory of our Prinsendam holiday cruise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tartanmom said:

Yes it has been offered in the past and yes you can take it home. We had the large one a few years ago and then brought it home with us in our carryon. It is very lovely, prelit, and came with red and gold decorations. It certainly added a festive touch to our stateroom and now serves as a wonderful memory of our Prinsendam holiday cruise. 

Good to know. We are getting one for our NYE sailing.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, tartanmom said:

How much did it cost ?

19 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I'd love to look at the current listings for different-sized Xmas trees on my Dec. sailing, but HAL will not let me log on! For hours now.

They offer three sizes; 16", 27", 35"

The prices were ~$50-90.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ldock said:

Does anyone know if your allowed to bring a small Christmas tree onboard?  I have a home in Florida, and a couple small trees, so was debating bringing one.

John can give a definitive answer for HAL, but from my experience, each tree brought onboard by the line has a certificate of fire proofing (fire retardant spray), so unless you can do this, I would say no.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a cheapo little 2-foot tree on Amazon.com for $13.81 with delivery. I'll try to remember to post back how it goes.

I figured if they confiscate it, I won't be too sad. And DW already thought it was an adorable idea, so I already get partial credit just for the attempt. 🙂 

Packing it back home after it comes out of the box will be the biggest challenge IMHO.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, ldock said:

Does anyone know if your allowed to bring a small Christmas tree onboard?  I have a home in Florida, and a couple small trees, so was debating bringing one.

I have a tree that has been on almost 20 Christmas cruises. I have it, decorations and a Christmas wine glass in a carry on that have cruised as far as New Zealand and Antarctica 

Thx for responding,

I decided to do some wall decorating instead, light wreath etc, with some strong magnet hooks.    Im also bringing Nicely wrapped gifts that double as decor. 🤪.  Figured I wouldn’t have much room left for the small tree.  

With a hurricane damaged home in Florida, I’m really looking forward to spending Christmas on the ship. 😉 

21 minutes ago, happy2cruise2016 said:

Do you remember what size this tree was on the Rotterdam?

Sharon's looks like the SMALL tree. Current sizes and prices are as follows:

CHRISTMAS TREE SMALL $47.49
Decorated artificial tree (approx 16 inch) with LED lights. Batteries included.

CHRISTMAS TREE MEDIUM $67.49
Decorated artificial tree (approx 27 inch) with LED lights. Batteries included.

CHRISTMAS TREE LARGE $87.49
Decorated artificial tree (approx 35 inch) with LED lights. Batteries included.

• 2 weeks later...