Crown Grill - small round loaf of hot bread?

Wishing on a star

Was just on Discovery last week and received the round loaf with butter, cheese, and garlic filling...however, it arrived cold and was already hardening. Pretty sure it was supposed to arrive warm, if not hot, but didn't say anything as I try not to fill up on bread before a multi-course meal. 😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Sometimes I am seeing this, and sometimes I am seeing the standard bread basket.

I am not sure if those rolls are warm.

What have you recent cruisers seen in Crown Grill on the different ships?

Small round loaf, warm cheese bread. 4 portions. Last 2 cruises: Discovery & Enchanted

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We got the semi cold garlic sourdough loaf on the Discovery.  No need to fill up on bread because the meal is so much food in itself.  We recently had it on the Royal, the way it is supposed to be served … hot and delicious.  I couldn’t resist!  It also came with some fresh rolls, which are so wonderful but, I controlled myself after eating my half of the garlic and cheese French bread.  
I must say, those little blue cheese poopy seed flakey rolls were my favorite but move on over, the hot sourdough round loaf may have just taken its place.  

• Like 2

Was in the Crown Grill on Crown Princess  2 nights ago. The round loaf with the garlic/cheese was sort of warm, but the butter /cheese garlic was a congealed blob that was very unappetizing. Fortunately  the rest of the meal made up for this fail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

this was absolutely delicious in the Stirling Steakhouse on the Sapphire, garlicky, cheesy, warm & wnderful--there are no appetizers or salads that I can or want to eat so room for bread...the leftovers were even good for a snack when they were cold!

2022-09-29 17.54.21.jpg

Not on the sapphire but we’ve had no luck in taking leftovers back to our room with us from the specialty restaurants, even just the bread rolls.  So odd .. they said it was because people store the food improperly and then they get blamed.  It’s really odd because you can take food from the IC, the venues by the pool, the buffet or get it through room service.  
Nevertheless, that looks absolutely delicious!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Not on the sapphire but we’ve had no luck in taking leftovers back to our room with us from the specialty restaurants, even just the bread rolls.  So odd .. they said it was because people store the food improperly and then they get blamed.  It’s really odd because you can take food from the IC, the venues by the pool, the buffet or get it through room service.  
Nevertheless, that looks absolutely delicious!  

I carry ziplock bags & didn't ask

• Like 4

On the Grand Princess, the Crown Grill offers take out containers for your second meal.  These containers do not fit in the refrigerator/cooler.  So I bring along zip lock bags and/or smaller rectangular containers that will not take up so much space.  

16 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

24 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Soooo...we're talking food smuggling here?  SECURITY!!

• Like 1

On the Grand Princess, the Crown Grill offers take out containers for your second meal.  These containers do not fit in the refrigerator/cooler.  So I bring along zip lock bags and/or smaller rectangular containers that will not take up so much space.  

16 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Soooo...we're talking food smuggling here?  SECURITY!!

Thanks everyone!

I have another question about Crown Grill.  About the seafood.

If you order the lobster tail, as the entree on the seafood menu, do you get one or two?

Has the Sea Bass been available?   I think I am seeing that it hasn't been available lately.  At least on some ships.

My husband has wanted to try the beef chop.  I think it is like a prime rib steak???  And, that would definitely be enough for the two of us to share!

Interesting that your thread generated so many "love the new bread" comments.

The Grand Princess had the Chilean Sea Bass in September.  Sister ordered it twice. I don't think you can pay for one and "share" the beef chop.  I've had the rib steak and it has had its ups and downs.  I really love the lamb chops.  Can't answer the question about the lobster although some photos had two pieces.  

Edited by cr8tiv1