Solarium Bistro removed from app

21 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Solarium Bistro doesn’t show up anymore on the app for my February Wonder cruise. Previously it was under dining, had hours and dinner menu. What happened?

Not on the APP for my Oasis December 4 sail, but when I use my laptop it's there under "Specialty Restaurants".

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Solarium Bistro doesn’t show up anymore on the app for my February Wonder cruise. Previously it was under dining, had hours and dinner menu. What happened?

The info gets more complete/accurate as you get closer to sailing- it is still

listed on the current sailing. 

Happened to me sailing Harmony in late Jan 2020. It was in the app, then vanished. We though it was just a glitch, but when we boarded,  the bistro was closed to most passengers for the whole cruise. There was a large group of Orthodox Jews, and they transformed it into a Kosher dining room for them.   Disappointed that we didn't get to enjoy it, but it was nice to see the lengths Royal went to accommodate the group.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Happened to me sailing Harmony in late Jan 2020. It was in the app, then vanished. We though it was just a glitch, but when we boarded,  the bistro was closed to most passengers for the whole cruise. There was a large group of Orthodox Jews, and they transformed it into a Kosher dining room for them.   Disappointed that we didn't get to enjoy it, but it was nice to see the lengths Royal went to accommodate the group.

Hope it’s not closed. I have a forward cabin, and plan on spending a lot of time in the solarium. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

It will be reconfigured that way on our January 2023 Wonder cruise as well. 

Yes there's a large group of Orthodox Jews that sails a different Royal ship every January.  They are very polite. Kids well behaved and tend to keep to themselves.   I'm assuming the MDR doesn't have a large enough area for them to be together.  Solarium Bistro would be ideal.  

23 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes there's a large group of Orthodox Jews that sails a different Royal ship every January.  They are very polite. Kids well behaved and tend to keep to themselves.   I'm assuming the MDR doesn't have a large enough area for them to be together.  Solarium Bistro would be ideal.  

It is reconfigured to be 100% kosher for all three meals all 7 days, and it is quite expensive since you have to purchase a Kosher Bistro dining package for the entire cruise. The MDR galleys cannot be converted to meet the Kosher requirements.

4 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Hope it’s not closed. I have a forward cabin, and plan on spending a lot of time in the solarium. 

Exactly.  We have a forward cabin for our Alaska cruise in July and plan to use the Bistro for breakfast and coffee in the morning.  Would be a shame if it were closed for some reason.

Could regular guests at least get coffee in the morning at the Solarium Bistro when it's been closed for special events or groups?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

How did you find that out? My cruise is in February, hoping Solarium Bistro is open for everyone. 

We have a B2B booked for Wonder from January 7-22 and when I went out to the app to make reservations for dinner in the Bistro, it  was available for the first week, but did not show up for the second leg. I went out to the booking on line and saw that there was a Kosher specialty dining package available for the Bistro for the second leg.

Week One:

Capture2.JPG

Week Two:

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

It will be reconfigured that way on our January 2023 Wonder cruise as well. 

We sail on the 22nd.  It looks like from a previous post that the solarium will be back to normal

usage on that sailing ?  I hope anyway.

1 minute ago, sdrocks said:

We sail on the 22nd.  It looks like from a previous post that the solarium will be back to normal

usage on that sailing ?  I hope anyway.

Typically Yeshiva cruises are one week long. I believe there are also other RCL ships that are doing Yeshiva cruises on different weeks (Harmony comes to mind)

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have a B2B booked for Wonder from January 7-22 and when I went out to the app to make reservations for dinner in the Bistro, it  was available for the first week, but did not show up for the second leg. I went out to the booking on line and saw that there was a Kosher specialty dining package available for the Bistro for the second leg.

Week One:

Capture2.JPG

Week Two:

Capture.JPG

I don’t see the Kosher package on my cruise planner, only the above picture to reserve dinner. Thought reserving dinner at the bistro the first night might be a good way to avoid crowds at MDR and WJ. 

22 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I don’t see the Kosher package on my cruise planner, only the above picture to reserve dinner. Thought reserving dinner at the bistro the first night might be a good way to avoid crowds at MDR and WJ. 

We typically reserve every night in the Bistro. Do not enjoy the MDR offerings at all, so it is either the Bistro, the WJ, or one of the specialty restaurants.

48 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Typically Yeshiva cruises are one week long. I believe there are also other RCL ships that are doing Yeshiva cruises on different weeks (Harmony comes to mind)

The Solarium Bistro is not showing in my App for Harmony for the Feb 18th sailing. 

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not sure what you mean by that.  All the other dining venue's and menu's are in the app. 

We have sailed on Oasis class ships 14 times since the restart, and on virtually all of them the solarium bistro did not show up on the app until just before the cruise. It was, however, always available to reserve for dinner on line through the cruise planner.

• Thanks 1