Tamarind exchange

57redbird

HI -- we were supposed to receive 2 complimentary dinners at the Pinnacle Grill, now 1 has been changed to the Tamarind.  We are probably the only 2 people in the world who aren't fond of the Tamarind.  Does anybody know if we can switch it back to the Pinnacle Grill or should I talk to our PCC?  TIA.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don't understand.  I was able to pick mine.  I picked 2 tamarind and zero pinnacle when I booked online. 

I haven't tried to book anything yet -- just hoping to be able to drop Tamarind.

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

We are probably the only 2 people in the world who aren't fond of the Tamarind. 

There's at least three of us. It's all right, and I will eat there if my friends want to go. But when traveling alone, I can avoid the Tamarind happily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muffin said:

Related question. When using your included specialty dinner can you order “have it all “wine and/ or cocktails at no extra cost?  Thx.

Yes. The beverage packages may be used in the specialty restaurants. 

2 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I don't like seafood or Asian food, but hubby does.  So we will have Tamarind 1x for him & Pinnacle 1x for me.  I noticed Tamarind does have a beef dish...

Tamarind's filet is the best steak I've had on a HAL ship!  

~Nancy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I don't like seafood or Asian food, but hubby does.  So we will have Tamarind 1x for him & Pinnacle 1x for me.  I noticed Tamarind does have a beef dish...

And the beef is very good IMO.  Waisabi (SP).

2 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

Slightly off topic - has anyone been successful in swapping a HIA Pinnacle Grill  for a Canaletto reservation?  We're happy to take the included Tamarind option, but hoping HAL will allow us to have the cheaper (for them) Canaletto instead of Pinnacle.  

Easily done while on board. Just speak with a Dining Dept Supervisor or Manager.

3 hours ago, Laminator said:

That's why I don't even bother walking in!

Only when it's included in Have It All plan and there's no Tamarind on the ship.

OBTW, on board the Noordam currently and their offering a limited Tamarind "pop-up" menu at the Pinnacle two times on this long cruise. I appreciate that, but the bad thing is that they accept neither the included Have It All Signature Dining deal or the 50% Mariner Discount on those evenings. The fee is the full Pinnacle charge plus gratuity, which is more than the standard Tamarind fee on the ships that have a dedicated Tamarind restaurant. Doesn't quite seem fair to us, so we passed on the event.  But, the laws of microeconomics prevail and the dinner event has sold out...

2 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Only when it's included in Have It All plan and there's no Tamarind on the ship.

OBTW, on board the Noordam currently and their offering a limited Tamarind "pop-up" menu at the Pinnacle two times on this long cruise. I appreciate that, but the bad thing is that they accept neither the included Have It All Signature Dining deal or the 50% Mariner Discount on those evenings. The fee is the full Pinnacle charge plus gratuity, which is more than the standard Tamarind fee on the ships that have a dedicated Tamarind restaurant. Doesn't quite seem fair to us, so we passed on the event.  But, the laws of microeconomics prevail and the dinner event has sold out...

Even if it was included in the HIA package I would pass. It's not worth the disappointment. I would be more than willing to pay for a memorable dining experience instead of a mediocre one. 

• Like 1