Carnival online check in

Hi all,

I saw a post about this previously but can't remember where (CC or Fb), but at the time wasn't booked on a Carnival cruise so didn't follow the thread.

Is it correct that I can't check in or do anything to prep for my cruise online until 14 days prior?  The site says check in opens 90 days prior but when I log into my bookings they say they open 14 days prior.

Other than the guest names, bedding configuration and dining time request is there anything else I need to do before check in? They don't even ask for passport details. Will that be part of check in? Or am I missing something?

Yes 14 days for Australian Carnival. Two extra days for high loyalty level. You will be asked for Passport or ID information during check in, next of kin and credit card for onboard account. You can select boarding time first and do the other info later - it doesn't have to be done all at once. We never had to upload vaccination certificate - just take with you. They will ask you to reconfirm health status at some point.

• Thanks 1

We were on Splendor in October and we were one of the first groups to board. My suggestion to you would be to get in the shore excursions line as soon as you board to secure the excursions you want. The lines were unbelievably long when we got on board. Also if you want to make any bookings from the front desk, do likewise. I stood in line for 2.5 hours at the front desk for a query we had. I met a lot of nice people standing in that line for that long!!!!

Good luck.

2 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

We were on Splendor in October and we were one of the first groups to board. My suggestion to you would be to get in the shore excursions line as soon as you board to secure the excursions you want. The lines were unbelievably long when we got on board. Also if you want to make any bookings from the front desk, do likewise. I stood in line for 2.5 hours at the front desk for a query we had. I met a lot of nice people standing in that line for that long!!!!

Good luck.

Glad you were happy I feel that a wait like that is absolutely unforgivable on the part of the staff  They should have had more or asked for your cabin and contacted you later

Good luck.

To avoid 2.5 hr queue to book a shorex, could you not book it on line at home before you go, does Carnival allow bookings that way?  Or perhaps the long queue because many pax were not on computer at home? 

Good luck.

The joy of small ship cruising.  On our cruise to Antarctica, we were told to put our names down for the excursions we wanted as soon as we got on the ship.  No queue at all!!  I wouldn't queue for 2.5 hours for any excursion.  However, I queue for theatre ticket returns and know you meet the nicest people on queues.  

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

To avoid 2.5 hr queue to book a shorex, could you not book it on line at home before you go, does Carnival allow bookings that way?  Or perhaps the long queue because many pax were not on computer at home? 

Unfortunately advanced bookings for excursions prior to embarkation are not an available option on carnival at this stage

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Good luck.

Wow what a queue! Not to pry but just to prepare myself, is there anything specific that we would need to line up at the desk for that day? Or wouldit just be to load the account with cash? Thanks!

People were lining up at the front desk to buy drink packages that you couldn’t buy prior to boarding, maybe there were other reasons that I do not know of. That was also the reason for the queue for the shore excursions desk- you couldn’t book any of those excursions until you got on board. 
My 2.5 hour wait wasn’t related to these two reasons, but had to be sorted out and the only way that it could be sorted out was for me to present documentation that luckily I had brought with me and it was handled very professionally and in our favour and rectified by the end of the day. To give the front desk due credit,  there were 2-3 staff trying their best at all times to help all passengers in the line.

35 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

People were lining up at the front desk to buy drink packages that you couldn’t buy prior to boarding, maybe there were other reasons that I do not know of. That was also the reason for the queue for the shore excursions desk- you couldn’t book any of those excursions until you got on board. 
My 2.5 hour wait wasn’t related to these two reasons, but had to be sorted out and the only way that it could be sorted out was for me to present documentation that luckily I had brought with me and it was handled very professionally and in our favour and rectified by the end of the day. To give the front desk due credit,  there were 2-3 staff trying their best at all times to help all passengers in the line.

Thank you!