Miami Port Parking

jolyroger

Good Afternoon !! Quick question, We'll be cruising out of Miami in April on the Celebration. We've cruised out of Miami before but never driven there. We're looking for recommendations on where to park our car during our cruise. I've looked at a few places online , but the reviews we're less than appealing. Staying the nite before in Orlando so we'll be driving in the morning of our cruise. Thanks for any help.

The only safe place to park in Miami is at the port. Too many sad stories of damaged vehicles, shoddy shuttle service and less than favorable off site parking locations in the city of Miami. It's worth the twenty two dollars a day to park at the port in a safe and secure location and find your vehicle in the condition you left it in. This question has also been beaten to death since I became a member of Cruise Critic in March 2002.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tracyfitzs said:

I’m on a 12 day cruise- any recommendations offsite for parking? I understand it’s safest to park at port but looking for best alternative as $25 a day is not feasible. 

For a cruise that long, you are probably better off to do 2 one-way car rentals.

Is there anything to know specifically about getting to the Port of Miami to park?  We'll be driving from the Biltmore Hotel where we're staying pre-cruise.  I presume we can just set our GPS with the address of the port, and then look for the correct terminal once we're through the gate?  Eazy peazy?

Heading to Miami and Cruising on NCL the beginning of February. I can't find anything about being able to do reservations for Port Parking. I don't want to get to the port to discover there is no parking available. Also, if reservations can't be made, what is the best time to arrive at the port to park closer to the terminal. Thanks in Advance

1 hour ago, EastIslander said:

Heading to Miami and Cruising on NCL the beginning of February. I can't find anything about being able to do reservations for Port Parking. I don't want to get to the port to discover there is no parking available. Also, if reservations can't be made, what is the best time to arrive at the port to park closer to the terminal. Thanks in Advance

From the official PortMiami website (https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise.asp) : 

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open and manned by a parking attendant from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only. Passengers pay upon arrival to Garage J and are given a decal to post in their vehicle for the duration of their cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, cindyscruise said:

I read that also. but the parking seems like quite a distance from Royal Caribbean Terminal A.  Are there shuttles from the parking garages to the terminals? 

You don't need a shuttle.  

On 11/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

395Is there anything to know specifically about getting to the Port of Miami to park?  We'll be driving from the Biltmore Hotel where we're staying pre-cruise.  I presume we can just set our GPS with the address of the port, and then look for the correct terminal once we're through the gate?  Eazy peazy?

Should work, however, be aware that there is LOT of highway construction underway.  Take note of signage, know what hiway number you will need.  Best access to POM is thru the (fairly) new tunnel from I-395.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thinfool said:

Should work, however, be aware that there is LOT of highway construction underway.  Take note of signage, know what hiway number you will need.  Best access to POM is thru the (fairly) new tunnel from I-395.

I'm looking at Google Maps and having trouble figuring this out.  Google wants to take me via I-395 but off at Biscayne and across the bridge on Port Blvd.  Our terminal J is quite near there, northwest corner of Dodge Island.  Sounds like you're telling me to proceed over the MacArthur Causeway and then exit at 887.  That would take us on a circuitous route all around the port to get us back to J.  Is the construction really that bad that we should do that? 

(Edited to add, ah, I see, 887 IS the tunnel.)

Thanks.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

On 1/15/2023 at 2:46 PM, Capt_BJ said:

the tunnel was built to eliminate the need to go thru downtown and stay OFF Biscayne ..... I recommend the tunnel.

Thanks.  Coming from the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, do you recommend taking US-1 and I-95 to I-395, or getting up onto 836 sooner and going that way?  Don't mind about tolls, we have Sunpass.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:30 AM, tracyfitzs said:

I’m on a 12 day cruise- any recommendations offsite for parking? I understand it’s safest to park at port but looking for best alternative as $25 a day is not feasible. 

Premier Cruise Parking in the ramp near Whole Foods is $12.  Sometimes have to wait in line for the shuttle, and return from Port shuttle is hard to catch, so Uber/Lyft return is recommended.