Celebrity Beyond - 11/20 still at port

minimotorin

I’m not sure why the cabin attendant coming to meet a passenger on day 1 is so important.  We have stayed in many very nice hotels and resorts all across the US and other parts of the world and never had the person responsible for servicing our room come to meet us.

Sometimes we meet our cabin attendant on Day 1 but it isn’t often.  We board around noon, drop luggage in the

cabin and leave until 3-3:30, return for about 20 minutes to unpack, then leave again until 6.  Return to the cabin, put out Deep Sleep sign change for dinner and leave again before 7.  We are happy if the cabin is cleaned daily, fresh towels are left as needed , and the ice bucket is filled once a day. If we need anything like extra hangers, firm pillow we leave a note. 

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’m not sure why the cabin attendant coming to meet a passenger on day 1 is so important.  We have stayed in many very nice hotels and resorts all across the US and other parts of the world and never had the person responsible for servicing our room come to meet us.

I'll agree with you that in a hotel I don't need to know who the room servicers are, but a regular land based hotel is a bit different since generally most people leave their hotel room after breakfast and don't return until after lunch. A cruiseship cabin you can be coming and going many, many, many times a day since you're captive on the ship. 

Edited by kwokpot

It doesn't matter to us either, that we meet the cabin attendant the first or second day.  All we need is our room taken care of and ice provided.

Is there not a little card left in the room with the attendant's name?  If you need something, then you could call housekeeping and ask for them.

As for the third bed not made up, I would think it is the sofa bed and no one wants to do without their sofa for the whole day, so that bed is probably made up in the evening turn down service.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Is there not a little card left in the room with the attendant's name?  If you need something, then you could call housekeeping and ask for them.

Nope, no card left in the room. So I had no idea until day 3 who was making up our room. Our cabin attendant didn't even deliver our Elite private party notice. 

22 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

It doesn't matter to us either, that we meet the cabin attendant the first or second day.  All we need is our room taken care of and ice provided.

I didn't meet mine in the summer and honestly if I hadn't read on here people meet the attendant I wouldn't have even thought about it. Was it a big deal? No, she left her card and number if I needed anything but I never did. She always had the room cleaned etc while I was gone and removed things I was done with. I really didn't need anything more than that.

6 hours ago, JonoBhoy said:

Some of the condescending responses are quite something.

The OP (like many) are paying a premium price for a premium product with their hard-earned green. When that falls way below the expected standard you are entitled to let someone know. Moreover, when your complaints have no one listening to them let alone addressing them, you can understand the frustration. 

Some people on here take criticism of Celebrity as a personal attack.

not exactly.  I'm actually surprised people think its ok to scream down a hall for help at night.  Suppose this was interpreted as a 911?  

• Like 2

While we like meeting our cabin steward and getting to know a little bit about them, it's not a requirement as long as things get done. We've had more personable stewards who were chatty and we've had shy ones, but we've never had a bad experience.

I will say that we just recently got off the Discovery Princess and our room steward there was quietly efficient and amazing. We asked for four extra pillows and they were there that evening. I also asked for an ice bucket and didn't see it until hubby asked about it on the 3rd day. I thought that the steward didn't realize I wanted it daily. But it was in the fridge so I'd always have ice! Brilliant. I had never thought of that before and it worked like a dream.

The point is to communicate. We're all humans and none of us is perfect. The cabin stewards have a hard job and I'm always impressed at their positive attitude and work ethic.

• Like 1