No More Mixed Shots!

id10t

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

This should answer both of your recent questions.  LeBistro is usually on one side of the ship; another specialty restaurant like Cagney's (Layout of the Joy) is on the other side with a nice bar in between them.  That bar usually opens up at 5 and is a fancier bar than others.  That bar serves both restaurants so as long as it is open, you can get that drink. 

Just a heads up, on Breakaway this bar is between Moderno and Cagney's. Le Bistro is more mid-ship near the comedy club/dueling piano venue. Will be interesting to see where (if anywhere based on some posts here) you can find the good stuff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr&MrsBennifer2022 said:

I have a somewhat related question.  I am looking at menus that people have posted online.  There is a cocktail from Le Bistro that sounds interesting.  Can I only order that at Le Bistro if it is one of their specialty cocktails or can I order it anywhere?  We leave tomorrow!  Eek so so so excited!!! 

Enjoy your cruise immensely and please report back!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

This should answer both of your recent questions.  LeBistro is usually on one side of the ship; another specialty restaurant like Cagney's (Layout of the Joy) is on the other side with a nice bar in between them.  That bar usually opens up at 5 and is a fancier bar than others.  That bar serves both restaurants so as long as it is open, you can get that drink. 

Whether other bars can make the same special drink is questionable.  My experience tells me they won't unless it is the Haven Bar.  One of the reason's I get the Premium Plus Beverage Package is the French Champagne at LeBistro.  Stuff is excellent. 

Hope that helps.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.  Welcome to CruiseCritic.com by the way.

Gary…I don’t think the Specialty Dining restaurants want people to “hang out” after finishing dinner.  I suppose you could sit at your table and have cocktails, but you’re going to be charged for dinner, one way or the other.

At least, I’ve never known anyone who has tried to just “hang out” at LeBistro or Cagney’s for example.  They’re set up for dining.

Lots of bars on board to “hang out”.  Not sure what specialty cocktails are in the Specialties that are being referred to, though.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Gary…I don’t think the Specialty Dining restaurants want people to “hang out” after finishing dinner.  I suppose you could sit at your table and have cocktails, but you’re going to be charged for dinner, one way or the other.

I guess I did not explain myself well.  What I meant to say was, the bar in between the two specialty restaurants, on the Joy it was the "A List" bar, service both restaurants (French and Cagney's).

The A list Bar opens at 5 PM.  This response was relating to a specific drink served in the French Restaurant.  So I was saying go to the bar, have your drinks; not go to the restaurant and not eat.  My bad.  I hope I clarified it. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I guess I did not explain myself well.  What I meant to say was, the bar in between the two specialty restaurants, on the Joy it was the "A List" bar, service both restaurants (French and Cagney's).

The A list Bar opens at 5 PM.  This response was relating to a specific drink served in the French Restaurant.  So I was saying go to the bar, have your drinks; not go to the restaurant and not eat.  My bad.  I hope I clarified it. 

No issues, my friend.  I see what you meant.  Yes, A-List Bar sits between the two Specialty Restaurants.  Not “in” either restaurant.

Never hung out there.  Matter of fact, I never saw many people at that bar…..ever!

Never much thought about it, but I don’t think I’d ever just want to “hang out” before or after dinner at any of the specialty restaurants.  I know after dining and having my typical after dinner drink, I usually leave.  Sometimes the Specialty Restaurants are booked solid.  “Hanging out” would tie up a table that someone else could use.

While not a Specialty Restaurant, I have been known to “hang out” and eat at the LOCAL or O’Sheehans at a high top to eat and then drink while watching shows in the Atrium from above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't read this entire thread but am I now understanding I cannot have a Mudslide or a Chocolate Martini?  I rarely drink, but since I am cruising I would like a few cocktails.  Hubby already said that we cannot incur any charges while we are on the ship because we already paid and you get what you pay for!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, northwoodsmom said:

I can't read this entire thread but am I now understanding I cannot have a Mudslide or a Chocolate Martini?  I rarely drink, but since I am cruising I would like a few cocktails.  Hubby already said that we cannot incur any charges while we are on the ship because we already paid and you get what you pay for!

As the title and first post say, it's only mixed shots not cocktails or single shots that may or may not be an issue on some ships, only Pearl and Breakaway reported as problem ships to date.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, northwoodsmom said:

an't read this entire thread but am I now understanding I cannot have a Mudslide or a Chocolate Martini?  I rarely drink, but since I am cruising I would like a few cocktails.  Hubby already said that we cannot incur any charges while we are on the ship because we already paid and you get what you pay for!

Welcome to CruiseCritic.com.  I will be on the Breakaway in three days.  I will report back.  This thread goes back and forth.  I assure you, a Mudslide is on my radar.  Also, B52's.  As I have said so many time on this thread, "You got the right man for the job!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fresh off the Getaway it was no problem getting a Blind Russian at the Prime Meridian bar. In fact, Rachel the Rebel bartender said she'd make it straight up or frozen and it was vodka, kahlua and maloneys.

I had to google the BR after I saw in a Jamie Logical thread she liked them, it is on one of the bar menus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northwoodsmom said:

I believe there’s an up charge for a chocolate martini. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, northwoodsmom said:

As of 11-13 to 11-20 on the Bliss Mudslides were part of the standard drink package.  Choc Martinis on the other hand have an upcharge and have had for some time now if you don't have the upgraded drink package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

As the title and first post say, it's only mixed shots not cocktails or single shots that may or may not be an issue on some ships, only Pearl and Breakaway reported as problem ships to date.

I also reported the Prima. Although I was eventually served them in the Vibe (only when the bartenders made them for the entire bar) , I was initially told no and I don’t know what the situation was at the other bars on that ship. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I also reported the Prima. Although I was eventually served them in the Vibe (only when the bartenders made them for the entire bar) , I was initially told no and I don’t know what the situation was at the other bars on that ship. 

Sorry, I forgot you reported the issue on two ships.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:27 PM, id10t said:

I don’t understand the hate and calling me a liar. I am happy it is not all ships but it has been some with no explanation.  This will be my last reply to you SeaShark.  

Once again happy it is just select cruises, still does not change my experience nor others in this post.

Don't worry about it, SeaShark likes to mix things up. He harassed me several times yesterday to the point where the mods locked the topic. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Also keep in mind that every issue in this thread is a First World problem…

Booze is an essential ingredient of life (cruise life). Please don’t minimize its ability to make or break the cruise experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Don't worry about it, SeaShark likes to mix things up. He harassed me several times yesterday to the point where the mods locked the topic. LOL

Yeah...you jumped into page 6 of a settled topic and started arguing with everyone's posts...all I did was hold your feet to the fire and I harassed you...sure. 🙄

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

Yeah...you jumped into page 6 of a settled topic and started arguing with everyone's posts...all I did was hold your feet to the fire and I harassed you...sure. 🙄

LOL 🤣 From the guy who demands people answer his questions about basically everything. OK, boomer...

9 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Please reference where I require someone else to answer my question.

Sorry, don't have time to look that up, but I think if you re-read some of your posts from yesterday, you'll see what I mean. 😉 (Hint: something about "what is the line between not really wrong and wrong, you must answer this, etc"...)

46 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Sorry, don't have time to look that up, but I think if you re-read some of your posts from yesterday, you'll see what I mean. 😉 (Hint: something about "what is the line between not really wrong and wrong, you must answer this, etc"...)

Sorry sport, but that is a swing and a miss.

First...if you don't have the time to support it, then you shouldn't be making accusations. 

Second, defining the line isn't answering a question of mine, it is getting YOU to define exactly what it is that YOU are claiming. Quite a bit of difference. When YOU are going to claim that A is GOOD and B is BAD, then you have to tell us what divides good from bad or we'll never know how to define C. If it were my question, I could research and provide my own answer. However, there is no way that I could research and provide YOUR answer.

Just now, SeaShark said:

then you have to tell us what divides good from bad or we'll never know how to define C

No, I don't have to do anything. I'm kinda tired of dealing with you. So this is goodbye. My wife and I are flying this afternoon and I have more important things to do now. Take care.