Bring your own cup on Celebrity?

PineappleTraveler

First cruise next year, I'm used to bringing a big insulated coffee mug to all-inclusive resorts and getting the pool bar to fill it. I'm guessing with the price of drinks on a cruise, they aren't just going to give you a litre of rum & coke for one drink price. But what if I bought a drink package? Is that still a faux pas? Should I save some luggage space and leave my vacation mug at home? Sorry if this has been asked, wasn't sure what to search.

We saw this done on Silhouette a couple weeks ago around the pool.  Was pretty common and actually practical if you drink beer because they dont have beer in the insulated aluminum cans so they poor it into a regular plastic cup and im sure it gets warm quickly.  Were not beer drinkers so it wouldn't have benefitted us, but there were quite a few people doing it.

They won't fill your cup. You would have to pour your drink into it. The drink will be the standard size. If you get coffee at the buffet, they ask you to fill one of their cups and pour the coffee into yours.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 2

They will give you a coffee in your insulated coffee mug at Cafe al Bacio.  Not really sure about a larger alcoholic drink in your insulated mug even if you have a drink package.  Probably a standard size drink or standard wine pour.  Of course you could get two drinks and put them in your large insulated mug. Whether you pay for each or have a drink package.

• Like 1

I have been on Infinity, Summit and silhouette in the last six months and on all of them café al Bacio would not put a coffee into my tumbler.  They would make me a coffee and I would transfer it to my mug. 

I think There was a time where they would pour directly into my mug but they would not do it recently

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

I bring my insulated coffee cup and it works great.  Never had an issue and have not asked them to pour into my cup, but if they HAVE to give me my coffee in their cup if I asked them to put in my  cup, I will quickly pour into my insulated cup once they give it to me.  

I can see an argument for following their procedures.  Good news is I do put pour coffee in my cup and it stays hot for a lot longer, especially with the top.

My mug is not for beers and my beers never get warm.  🙂

Have a great cruise.

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I have been on Infinity, Summit and silhouette in the last six months and on all of them café al Bacio would not put a coffee into my tumbler.  They would make me a coffee and I would transfer it to my mug. 

I think There was a time where they would pour directly into my mug but they would not do it recently

On cruises pre-pandemic they would give me coffee every morning in my insulated cup at Cafe al Bacio.  They probably realized this was a sanitary issue since then.  And thinking about it they are right!  So I will order coffee and just pour it in myself in the future.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 8:57 AM, PineappleTraveler said:

First cruise next year, I'm used to bringing a big insulated coffee mug to all-inclusive resorts and getting the pool bar to fill it. I'm guessing with the price of drinks on a cruise, they aren't just going to give you a litre of rum & coke for one drink price. But what if I bought a drink package? Is that still a faux pas? Should I save some luggage space and leave my vacation mug at home? Sorry if this has been asked, wasn't sure what to search.

I always bring my Yeti with me.  The ice melts SO fast!  The bartenders are not allowed to make your drink in your insulated cup/mug.  I just pour it into my Yeti and leave their glass on the bar.  Have an amazing time!  Cruising is the best! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, spammie said:

I always bring my Yeti with me.  The ice melts SO fast!  The bartenders are not allowed to make your drink in your insulated cup/mug.  I just pour it into my Yeti and leave their glass on the bar.  Have an amazing time!  Cruising is the best! 🙂

For sure cruising is great!  Such minor issues to have to face. Glad there are workarounds. 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

My man. 🍻

I bring my own insulated travel tumbler drinks stay hot or cold for 8 hours. Very handy to take on flights also. Those tiny Styrofoam cups they give you don't work for me. 

On 11/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, shipshape sam said:

I bring my insulated coffee cup and it works great.  Never had an issue and have not asked them to pour into my cup, but if they HAVE to give me my coffee in their cup if I asked them to put in my  cup, I will quickly pour into my insulated cup once they give it to me.  

I can see an argument for following their procedures.  Good news is I do put pour coffee in my cup and it stays hot for a lot longer, especially with the top.

My mug is not for beers and my beers never get warm.  🙂

Have a great cruise.

If your beer gets warm you are not drinking it fast enough!

Elvis

• Like 1