Christmas lights in cabin.

topnole

16 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Battery operated, wouldn't be a problem. I don't know for sure, but I think they don't like things that plug in. 

Thanks.  I’ve seen folks with strings of lights before.  Not sure the type.   I figured plug in might be an issue.  Probably easier to just drop the idea.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Battery operated, wouldn't be a problem. I don't know for sure, but I think they don't like things that plug in. 

They have no problems with it. We always brought it on winter holiday cruises. 3 lines, no problems 

9 hours ago, topnole said:

Thanks.  I’ve seen folks with strings of lights before.  Not sure the type.   I figured plug in might be an issue.  Probably easier to just drop the idea.  

No issues at all. Various devices, lights aren’t issue. 

Had an attendant give us a warning when we put up our string of lights.  As soon as I showed her they were LED lights, and had her touch them, she let us keep them.

It's not the plug in that is the problem, it's the heat of the old style lights.  LED Christmas lights don't get hot.  

Have mine packed already (battery style) for our cruise on Saturday.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Had an attendant give us a warning when we put up our string of lights.  As soon as I showed her they were LED lights, and had her touch them, she let us keep them.

It's not the plug in that is the problem, it's the heat of the old style lights.  LED Christmas lights don't get hot.  

Have mine packed already (battery style) for our cruise on Saturday.  🙂 

Carry on or do you risk checking them and having your luggage not show up?   I have a new box of Led lights.  They were very cheap, so I don’t care if they get confiscated.  I’m gonna try to bring them because the kids will love them in the cabin.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, topnole said:

Carry on or do you risk checking them and having your luggage not show up?   I have a new box of Led lights.  They were very cheap, so I don’t care if they get confiscated.  I’m gonna try to bring them because the kids will love them in the cabin.  

I put them in the carry on bag for two reasons....the electrical wire string could attract attention and being able to decorate while waiting for our luggage to arrive....perhaps while sipping on a welcome aboard glass of wine.  😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I put them in the carry on bag for two reasons....the electrical wire string could attract attention and being able to decorate while waiting for our luggage to arrive....perhaps while sipping on a welcome aboard glass of wine.  😉 

'tis the season. 🎅🍷

• Like 1